Keogh

TroyDyer

17 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

read on tweet sw have dropped out of keogh deal last night somewhere shame for him if he wants to go but a bonus either way as he has been a prety consistant part of the team.droping the captain part would be best though we need more of a leader there.

he has taken a lot of stick but he always comes back fighting

I'm fairly sure it was nonsense from the start anyway - So not a shock that twitter is now stating retractions

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, lee_derby said:

read on tweet sw have dropped out of keogh deal last night somewhere shame for him if he wants to go but a bonus either way as he has been a prety consistant part of the team.droping the captain part would be best though we need more of a leader there.

he has taken a lot of stick but he always comes back fighting

He's in Tenerife with the Derby squad which suggests if a deal was ever close, it was over much before last night.

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe we said pay up, they said we thought it was the sale of the century at Derby! We said not to you only premiership teams!

Its never struck me that Keogh wants out, or that GRowett particularly wants rid, although he is an asset we could conceivably sell.

So yeah, probably a case of "to you...£6m"

On the Derby Telegraph twitter account that Wednesday are possibly looking at Hanley.

Wouldn't have minded him before Davies and Wisdom arrived but if it was at the cost of Keogh then no thanks.

I'll take Keogh in our side over Hanley any day.

I hoping that now he's in Tenerife that all this talk of him leaving is done with.

Still think hes the best centre back at the club.

10 hours ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Yeah terrible that 7 of that team who completely bossed the whole of the play off final and hammered Brighton in  the semis might still be on our books next year. Grow up pal, it's championship football and errors will happen. Doesn't mean they are bad players 

I wasn't criticising any of them "pal" ! I was having a go at the bloke who criticised Keogh for his mistake and conveniently forgot to say anything about Buxton and Forsyth's errors in the build up.I'm more than happy that the 7 are still here and am confident of a good season,subject to a little more tweaking.I'm aware it's "Championship " football and spend a lot of time defending the club and players from "numpties" who moan and groan incessantly.After 53 years of loyal support for  this club I have a reasonable idea that "errors happen" but thanks very much for pointing that out!?

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Keane just gone to Everton, hope Burnley don't reignite their interest in RK. 

As we know all players are available, should the valuation be met ??

Strange world, Keane couldn't get in our team ahead of Buxton and Keogh- lingard was not as good as ward and Russell,

so yes there is always a chance Burnley may want Keogh if they can't get anyone better to fit in to their side ( or even shackell)

i wouldn't mind Keogh going to Burnley in the premiership rather than sheff Wednesday in our league.

5 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Keane just gone to Everton, hope Burnley don't reignite their interest in RK. 

As we know all players are available, should the valuation be met ??

It wouldn't surprise me if they came back for Shackell on a minimal fee.

If I understand @ramblur correctly, then selling any player for less than (residual value - wages saved) means we record a loss for balance sheet and ftp?

So if Hughes was valued at 12mn in our books (say) then we have recorded a loss on him?

1 hour ago, feisty said:

If I understand @ramblur correctly, then selling any player for less than (residual value - wages saved) means we record a loss for balance sheet and ftp?

So if Hughes was valued at 12mn in our books (say) then we have recorded a loss on him?

Hughes was developed within the club so wouldn't be valued at £12m, more than likely nothing so it's all profit.

57 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Hughes was developed within the club so wouldn't be valued at £12m, more than likely nothing so it's all profit.

If I understand @ramblur correctly, then his balance sheet value would just be any remaining unamortised agents fees.

Pretty much all profit, just like Jeff (sold at the start of the financial year ending 30 June 2017).

Archived