welcome back chris martin

B4ev6is

Really weird the way Derby fans love to hate our own players, Martin's goalscoring and all round play should put him close to legend status, somewhere above Sturridge and just below Davison, yet our own fans openly take the p out of him and make up names to denigrate him. Same with Keogh, should be getting towards Hindmarch status, and people are saying get rid.

Nowt so queer as folk.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curb said:

Really weird the way Derby fans love to hate our own players, Martin's goalscoring and all round play should put him close to legend status, somewhere above Sturridge and just below Davison, yet our own fans openly take the p out of him and make up names to denigrate him. Same with Keogh, should be getting towards Hindmarch status, and people are saying get rid.

Nowt so queer as folk.

The modern football fan

7 minutes ago, curb said:

Nowt so queer as folk.

I'm sure Bobby would be too small and Hindmarch too slow nowadays :blink:

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Chris martin likes players run past

Him and create probleams for oppsition and martin likes to give back heals which opens up for others to score.

Now that's a rare footballer/chiropractor combination that I wager a number of us ageing somewhat overweight blokes would value highly:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Now that's a rare footballer/chiropractor combination that I wager a number of us ageing somewhat overweight blokes would value highly:thumbsup:

Hopefully when he's back in the spine of our team, he will cure our promotion woes and give us the success we're all aching for. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

I can't remember many not liking Davison but I always thought Hindmarch had wooden legs.

He splintered a few centre forwards.

4 hours ago, toddy said:

From the Fulham Forum.....

''nonsense, it's more to do with the fact that he has been useless since January. If he had of played well and scored a few goals since his strike everyone would have forgiven him (except maybe me ) but he did neither''

How true the underlined bit really is.

He was in possibly the most attacking team in the division, he couldn't hold down the CF position even when Fulham didn't actually any other CF to play, he managed 10 goals - he even failed to out score Fulham midfielders.

Martin is not the striker he once was for us and not forgetting Mac 2 is no longer here to play a system around Martin, I am really not sure he would fit into the GR way of playing.........

Oddly, I can't seem to find that on their forum. May I have a link?

9 hours ago, TobyWanKenobi said:

63 goals in 161 games, a fantastic record for us. Only mental people will disregard that.

There are a few in this thread. The football equivalent of Trump voters.

Fact is when he was starting regularly he was Fulham's top scorer and had scored more than any of our players.

People mention his goal record for Derby but how many assists also? 

He is the best striker we've had probably Strupar, better than Rasiak, better than Hulse, better than Howard. Last year he had a poor season yet scored 15 goals and double figures assists? Has Ince done that? 

Yes he falls over and wins free kicks ?, yes he is slow and yes he is mardy, but he's mardy because he wants to win and he wants us to score every time the ball comes in the box. We've missed him, and in both boxes as he's excellent defensively from corners. All teams that have been promoted from Champ this season so far have at least 1 target man in their ranks. 

Cant believe anyone is questioning bringing him back but everyone has the right to an opinion.

However, Rowett won't build the team around him and he'll have a battle with Nuge. As I said on another thread, Rowett picks different teams for different games so Martin can expect some time on the bench next season.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Fact is when he was starting regularly he was Fulham's top scorer and had scored more than any of our players.

People mention his goal record for Derby but how many assists also? 

He is the best striker we've had probably Strupar, better than Rasiak, better than Hulse, better than Howard. Last year he had a poor season yet scored 15 goals and double figures assists? Has Ince done that? 

Yes he falls over and wins free kicks ?, yes he is slow and yes he is mardy, but he's mardy because he wants to win and he wants us to score every time the ball comes in the box. We've missed him, and in both boxes as he's excellent defensively from corners. All teams that have been promoted from Champ this season so far have at least 1 target man in their ranks. 

Cant believe anyone is questioning bringing him back but everyone has the right to an opinion.

However, Rowett won't build the team around him and he'll have a battle with Nuge. As I said on another thread, Rowett picks different teams for different games so Martin can expect some time on the bench next season.

Abso-flippin'-lutely. 

6 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

1 Get us promoted.

2 Recognise a quality championship striker and utilise his abilities.

3 Win a fight with Mel the Machete.

There's lots that Pearson would not do. It was meant to be a play on 'what would Jesus do?'. As a philosophy for life, 'what would Pearson not do?' is quite a good one. 

18 hours ago, curb said:

Nowt so queer as folk.

Martin - Top scorer every year he's been with us

Keogh - More than twice as many games as Shaun Barker who has/d his image emblazoned on the side of the stadium and only played for us when we were mid-table obscurities...

16 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Martin - Top scorer every year he's been with us

Keogh - More than twice as many games as Shaun Barker who has/d his image emblazoned on the side of the stadium and only played for us when we were mid-table obscurities...

Barker will always be remembered in the term 'Barker type fee'. In years to come well by someone for £30mil, and it will be '30 barker type fees'. 

Keogh and shackell (first time) both came in for a barker type fee. I don't know if it's only reserved for central defenders though. 

Archived