welcome back chris martin

B4ev6is

I would like welcome chris martin back stupid nigel pearson should have not got rid of you. This has cost us dearly we all know you never wanted to stay at fulham forced to be. I hope you can kick start back at derby with you and nurgent up front this could be a very good partnership or you and vryda upfront togather. But lot of derby fans are happy you are back including me. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chrissy Martin, Derby's number nine.........

We all want him linking up, receiving the ball back to goal, laying, nodding and flicking it off, and turning round like the QE2 to smash it in the top corner.....while taking out merchant bankers like Joey Barton with his washing line technique...

4 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

looking forward to seeing him drop to the floor like a sack of **** every five minutes

No problem with this, wins us numerous free kicks. Fed up of us being too nicey nicey. Like us to be more "professional" do whatever it takes to win, time waste more, roll around more, get players booked/ sent off 

IF he is nt sold in the summer then its a very big season for Martin , Derby are looking to be a different type of side under rowett (as we were under Pearson) from the side Martin was first name on the team sheet ,, his attitude has been brought into question ,by Pearson ( wanted him out the club) , by some fans , by the antics at Fulham ,

if he is not the first name on team sheet and is having plenty bench time ,can a manager keep him engaged? Will we see a player getting super fit and fighting for his place or will we see him sulk and switch off ? 

We all know he has done very well for Derby and been amongst the best strikers we've had for years ( over a three year period) but anybody thinking that this is a cake walk for Martin and there's no questions to be answered on him is living in a very simple happy ending fairytale 

personally I'm undecided on how it will turn out for Martin under rowett ,, I hope he proves the doubters wrong but Chris Martin is not the magic wand that will turn Cinderella Derby county back into the beautiful princess

If I was intent on playing quick counter-attacking football I would want the option of a strong target man who can hold up the ball until the rest of the team get there, who can give as good as he gets and has a strong shot and header. Oh,  and who can defend corners too. 

Welcome home, Chris. 

1 hour ago, archied said:

IF he is nt sold in the summer then its a very big season for Martin , Derby are looking to be a different type of side under rowett (as we were under Pearson) from the side Martin was first name on the team sheet ,, his attitude has been brought into question ,by Pearson ( wanted him out the club) , by some fans , by the antics at Fulham ,

if he is not the first name on team sheet and is having plenty bench time ,can a manager keep him engaged? Will we see a player getting super fit and fighting for his place or will we see him sulk and switch off ? 

We all know he has done very well for Derby and been amongst the best strikers we've had for years ( over a three year period) but anybody thinking that this is a cake walk for Martin and there's no questions to be answered on him is living in a very simple happy ending fairytale 

personally I'm undecided on how it will turn out for Martin under rowett ,, I hope he proves the doubters wrong but Chris Martin is not the magic wand that will turn Cinderella Derby county back into the beautiful princess

Spot on sir...

I don't think Rowett will expect every single one of the players to turn into the more physical and athletic players he wants, that's what the new signings are for - players like Hughes, Ince and Martin I can't see changing, I think Rowett will just expect more effort from them which he will get if they are fitter, although personally I think Ince despite his sulking is up and down the wing constantly and doesn't get enough credit for it like Russell does but that's a different point.

In the Radio Derby interview he did a few weeks back Rowett said that Martin will provide us with a different option to what we currently have, he even mentioned him playing off a striker to link play - that as well as what Morris said about how unhappy he was I can't see Martin leaving.

Would Mel come out in public stating how unhappy he was at us letting Martin go if Rowett didnt have him in his plans this season? 

Archived