welcome back chris martin

B4ev6is

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, europia said:

His performances this coming season will determine his value. The speculation on his greatness will then be settled on the pitch, not on forums.

But you cannot take away how well he has done previously.

Players are purchased or kept on their previous performances as much as what you hope they might do.

15 minutes ago, europia said:

His performances this coming season will determine his value. The speculation on his greatness will then be settled on the pitch, not on forums.

I'm not saying 'he'll play like a £10 million player', what I'm saying is that at the very least we have an asset to sell.

17 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Would we be so different?

I can't see Derby fans being forgiving of a player wanting away and not turning up to play.

I agree with you. Football fans are fickle, my point is their views are so poisoned by off the field incidents that their opinion is certainly not without heavy bias.

14 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

No problem with this, wins us numerous free kicks. Fed up of us being too nicey nicey. Like us to be more "professional" do whatever it takes to win, time waste more, roll around more, get players booked/ sent off 

for me this going forward process is all about characteristics to take us on to the next level... i honestly beleive Pearson saw it and i hope Rowett sees it too when he works with Martin, but I really dont think Martin fits in to Derby Countys long term plans.

I for one dont want players who fall to the floor and moan once sat on his arse. He might score goals but I dont like him.

12 minutes ago, Jon_Grooves said:

I for one dont want players who fall to the floor and moan once sat on his arse. He might score goals but I dont like him.

I expect Rowett to instigate a new muscular smiling regime, so no further worries there.

1 hour ago, Jon_Grooves said:

for me this going forward process is all about characteristics to take us on to the next level... i honestly beleive Pearson saw it and i hope Rowett sees it too when he works with Martin, but I really dont think Martin fits in to Derby Countys long term plans.

All players do it though? Even the likes of Baird do but it's called 'clever play'. It's about inviting the opposition to foul you to gain the advantage for your side, it's a part of football.

After a season of people saying 'these players are too nice', then I hope we get more players you don't like

From the Fulham Forum.....

''nonsense, it's more to do with the fact that he has been useless since January. If he had of played well and scored a few goals since his strike everyone would have forgiven him (except maybe me ) but he did neither''

How true the underlined bit really is.

He was in possibly the most attacking team in the division, he couldn't hold down the CF position even when Fulham didn't actually any other CF to play, he managed 10 goals - he even failed to out score Fulham midfielders.

Martin is not the striker he once was for us and not forgetting Mac 2 is no longer here to play a system around Martin, I am really not sure he would fit into the GR way of playing.........

1 hour ago, Jon_Grooves said:

By that logic you'd hate Ronaldo at Derby...

This 'CM falls over all the time' thing is overstated and frankly a rather unimaginative and simplistic way of trying to say you don't rate him.

There are other avenues which are more relevant. E.g. Lack of pace.

For my part I think he is a vey good championship striker/target man and I missed him last season.

Archived