Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

35 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I'd be stunned if this turned out to be true. 

I'd love to see him come in as a player/coach, because I'd like to think that he's got the ability to become part of the furniture at Pride Park. I have no doubts, however, that his better days have been and gone. People seem sure that he's better than Pearce, but I wouldn't be so sure. I'd still back Keogh, Davies, Shackell & Pearce over him. Rawson will be knocking on the door, or at least attempting to get that opportunity. 

I still think he has a part to play at this level, but not necessarily for us. I still think he will end up at Burton. 

Still… it'd be nice to see those diagonals once again ?

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

All sentimentality aside, how does Jake Buxton improve our back four?

Maybe this is not about back four, but more about whole group.

IMO as a back up he is more than capable for this division. It would give us opportunity to get rid of high earners (current back ups) like Shackell and Pearce and invest elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We are aiming to be in the top six and we're talking about re-signing a player who struggled in a side in the bottom three. 

How does that make sense?

Your 'back up' players need to be good enough.

He's just not any more.

In a bottom 3 side or a relegated side like Coventry where we got Keogh from!?

49 minutes ago, t'oldu said:

We have a supposed imterest in a Peterborough player..... cant remember if one was named........or if it was ever clarified which way the movement was . if any.............befuddled by pollen     

I thin kit was deduced as likely to be Marcus Maddison who plays same position as Ince.

Archived