Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brayford, Bucko...... nope for me.....

Why waste money on squad players, I'm positive Mr Rowett is only interested in first team players.

Mind we like wasting money.....

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Buxton certainly would be... interesting.

However to put your minds at rest, we've recently heard we're interested in a Peterborough player, and now we've heard an interest in a CB with the initials JB.... so I present to you, jack Baldwin 

His dad owned Underworld.  I've heard he's streets ahead of the rest of that league.

Playing devils advocat, Nixon could be on about something completely different. A guy just told him that there is "scotch in it for him" to which Nixon replied "is it a JB" could be just his sense of humour or a private joke between the two. Probably has absolutely nothing to do with the player!

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Buxton certainly would be... interesting.

However to put your minds at rest, we've recently heard we're interested in a Peterborough player, and now we've heard an interest in a CB with the initials JB.... so I present to you, jack Baldwin 

Jack Baldwin is an excellent young defender who can play the ball. Even once got described as a young Alan Hansen* during his time at Hartlepool. At 23-years-old, it would make a lot more sense, but how is this one "interesting", as Nixon suggested? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17339882

1 minute ago, Fraser_23 said:

Playing devils advocat, Nixon could be on about something completely different. A guy just told him that there is "scotch in it for him" to which Nixon replied "is it a JB" could be just his sense of humour or a private joke between the two. Probably has absolutely nothing to do with the player!

He did follow that tweet up by saying its a big hint then also to say initials

35 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Nixon said at 5:49 referring to a previous tweet that JB are the initials though.

Or have I read the convo wrong? Then said there's a big chance it happening when someone mentioned Bucko

You are correct, he stated JB are initials and when replying to "Jake Buxton" he said "Serious talks. Big Chance"

Very highly doubt it's him, but John Brayford ould be a great move. If Christie goes, he could serve as a RB, or if we played a back 3, a CB (he's played there with Burton this season) or a RWB. These positions would be as backup to or in competition with Wisdom, or as first choice if Wisdom plays CB. He seems to have his confidence back after a great season with Burton and I can't see Sheffield United demanding much for him seeing as he's barely played for them.

51 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Jack Baldwin is an excellent young defender who can play the ball. Even once got described as a young Alan Hansen* during his time at Hartlepool. At 23-years-old, it would make a lot more sense, but how is this one "interesting", as Nixon suggested? 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17339882

It's Nixon, he'll be saying it to sell papers, the 'interesting' part is probably the fact he'll be replacing keogh

Archived