Alan Nixon summer 2017

RiddingsRam

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this isn't true. He was extremely popular here and will continue to be extremely popular, but let's leave it there. Not needed. The only way it could happen is if he's coming to be a cheap back-up with a couple of higher earners leaving. Would Jake do that? I'm not so sure. He clearly loves to play football. He left Derby so he could play more football. I think he'd much rather play at Burton than play second fiddle here.

If he comes to start then that is a huge backwards step. I would really question what exactly it is that GR wants to build here if Buxton is seen to be a key part of it. You can't talk of top two being realistic like he did at the fans forum recently, and then sign Jake Buxton.

"The 32-year-old centre-back left the recently-relegated Latics earlier this week, with a club statement saying Buxton was keen to move back to the Midlands to be closer to his family in Nottinghamshire." 

Hardy is the Notts County Chairman. Hope he's destined for Burton.

I'd be stunned if this turned out to be true. 

I'd love to see him come in as a player/coach, because I'd like to think that he's got the ability to become part of the furniture at Pride Park. I have no doubts, however, that his better days have been and gone. People seem sure that he's better than Pearce, but I wouldn't be so sure. I'd still back Keogh, Davies, Shackell & Pearce over him. Rawson will be knocking on the door, or at least attempting to get that opportunity. 

I still think he has a part to play at this level, but not necessarily for us. I still think he will end up at Burton. 

Archived