Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

Mafiabob

Just now, nfb said:

GR's post match interview... i'm falling in love, the guy sounds sooo sensible and charismatic :whistle:

I'm more impressed with him every time I hear what he's got to say and I'll hold my hands up, I was a bit meh when he was appointed. 

It's days of course but I like the cut of his jib. Good luck to him.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think Vydra was about to come off! 

The way we pressed was fantastic. Nugent... wow, haven't seen work rate like that at Derby in a long, long time. He will sleep tonight! 

Everyone played very well, although yet again it was almost the same old story bar a post, really needs working on.

Dave's definitely my new man crush. Quality player too, despite his ageing years. 

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

Dave's definitely my new man crush. Quality player too, despite his ageing years. 

Yup. Team was brilliant so i think its criminal to critique any player. They were all good. Nugent could have had a hat trick and so could Johnny ... their pressing and thieving was fantastic, Vydra, all those three. 

Holloway, how did your boys do? lol. Feeble.

16 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Odd to see Chris Powell as a pundit having just being sacked. Standing next to Rowett, but they did play together. 

Thought it was a bit awkward and I think rowett held back on a few points when being asked out of respect for Powell 

bit like powells response prematch when asked about leaders in the team........

Really happy for the lads and for GR who's come in under tricky circumstances and is showing a calm head and a good understanding of the squad and how they piece together. Been a perfect day, really! Gave myself a day off, had the placepot  at Lingfield 3 times and this little beauty to round off a lazy day's punting and drinking. Nigh on £3k profit on the day, mates picking me up in 30 mins to head down for a fierce weekend in Brizzle, **** eating grin ;) 

COYR

*Disclaimer - yes, I did bottle it completely giving away £150 in potential further profit by cashing out early :whistle: 

11 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Just needs Martin in the mix and we will score a hatfull........

Who do u drop, Nugent or Vydra ? or are u suggesting 4-3-3 ? for me, if he comes back he can sit on the bench, i like Nugent for his energy and quality, and Vydra for his speed and technical skill, yes he scored us goals, and i was a huge fan....  but i dont think he's the player he was, atm.

Absolutely love Nugent and Vydra up top. 

Love the workrate and running from Nuge..... not for show either.

Defend from the front....

If we can keep the fitness levels up in pre season then who know next.

Good interview from Holloway too.

Pretty decent night all round. A good performance that makes you think we could become a strong team again.

Great interview with Rowett who seems to pretty much get everything.

Brilliant support from the fans too.

I feel like we could properly boss this league next year. I did not think like that after the Brighton game, far from it.

Guess there won't be much moaning about Mel on here for a couple of days.

1 minute ago, ramboy63 said:

Was i just hearing things there Ian Holloway interview calling Derby a really good side and deserved to win the football match,Surely not

I think Gary Rowetts just made him look like a Sunday Laeague manager, he looked almost embarrassed in his post match interview 

4 minutes ago, nfb said:

Who do u drop, Nugent or Vydra ? or are u suggesting 4-3-3 ? for me, if he comes back he can sit on the bench, i like Nugent for his energy and quality, and Vydra for his speed and technical skill, yes he scored goals but i dont think he's the player he was atm.

Interesting comments by Gazza in the interview about how we would have probably had more success with a proper big target man up there.

He knows we have got one coming home in the Summer. And he can play too.

23 minutes ago, ramit said:

They couldn't handle the tempo and had to resort to getting men behind the ball.  When we play against a side who test their luck, i think it will suit us better

That's a fair point. 

Fulham only play to win. Tuesday will be the first real test then. 

I was pleased tonight with the win. But I saw little that I've not seen previously. The pressing was more obvious, I'll give you that.

4 minutes ago, nfb said:

Who do u drop, Nugent or Vydra ? or are u suggesting 4-3-3 ? for me, if he comes back he can sit on the bench, i like Nugent for his energy and quality, and Vydra for his speed and technical skill, yes he scored goals but i dont think he's the player he was atm.

nugent...i like him but hes a poor mans martin,he doesnt lay off very well,his shooting is frequently errant.

i think that vydra and russell will be even more effective with martin.

in his favour,hes a huge character,a great header, is energetic and fills martins role far better than bent.

i want to keep him next year as martins back up....as i said,i like him a lot 

Archived