Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

Mafiabob

Enjoyable game. Plenty of tempo and pressing. Mixed it up a bit and played some decent stuff. Should've won by more. Would've been daylight robbery if QPR had scored with our customary gift at the end. They were poor, but I choose to believe that  is because we made them poor (my glass is always half full).

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, I was a Nugent hater..his face.  always scored against us but bloody hell, that lad - someone would make a pass, and I'd be like.....ofgs, who's that to. and Nuge runs and gets it...he's awesome. I hate him and love him in equal measures...

1 hour ago, deano180 said:

Love Russell, his personality, work rate, effort, but what he needs is a new club, his quality is woeful and short of the standard required IMO, needs upgrading, so frustrating

I was being kind when I said he needs a goal..

I like all the things about Johnny you've listed above, but l wouldn't argue if he was to move on in the summer.

1 hour ago, deano180 said:

Love Russell, his personality, work rate, effort, but what he needs is a new club, his quality is woeful and short of the standard required IMO, needs upgrading, so frustrating

18 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

I like all the things about Johnny you've listed above, but l wouldn't argue if he was to move on in the summer.

Move him on and get an upgrade. How many millions of Mel's money do you want Gary to waste in trying to do that. More important areas of the team to be sorted first.

38 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

I bloody would...the blokes a legend.

Just needs a goal to get his confidence back in front of the onion bag...I'd hate him to be playing against us because when he's at his best he's an absolute nuisance to the opposition.

2 hours ago, rynny said:

Not sure how blame can be put on the centre halfs for other players losing their player.

This. 100%.

We have only conceded one goal from a set piece  (as far as i can recall) where the CB was beaten by his man. 

It is the 3rd, 4th, 5th (at Forest 6th biggest threat in the air) that has scored. Not the main threat.

Enjoyed tonight's game, plenty of energy, and desire, you could sense that the players wanted it tonight, and the fans backed them all the way because they could see how much effort there was tonight, I am so pleased for Mr Rowett to get his first win of many tonight, so happy In fact I will be at Birmingham next Saturday backing the lads to turn over Mr Rowetts last team he was in charge of. Thought stand out performances tonight was Baird, Johnson and Nugent, rate Nugent very highly indeed, and I love the fact he plays the game with a smile on his face. Oh and on my last point so pleased to see Vydra score again, you can see the lad is starting to get his confidence back.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I bloody would...the blokes a legend.

Just needs a goal to get his confidence back in front of the onion bag...I'd hate him to be playing against us because when he's at his best he's an absolute nuisance to the opposition.

I agree.If we find a better LW then fine but then he is a good back up.

Surely Weimann, Bkackman, Camara and maybe Anya are ahead of him in the exit queue. 

13 minutes ago, sage said:

I agree.If we find a better LW then fine but then he is a good back up.

Surely Weimann, Bkackman, Camara and maybe Anya are ahead of him in the exit queue. 

It's a game of opinions in't it!

I'd agree that Blackman,Camara and Anya should be ahead of Johnny for the exit door, and possibly Weimann, although the later is very similar to Russell with his work rate.

Johnny's definitely lost that cutting edge in front of goal this season..not that he was ever prolific of course. Get's himself in great positions and fluffs his lines...

Call it lack of confidence or call it lack of quality...either way we need him to chip in now and again.

15 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

It's a game of opinions in't it!

I'd agree that Blackman,Camara and Anya should be ahead of Johnny for the exit door, and possibly Weimann, although the later is very similar to Russell with his work rate.

Johnny's definitely lost that cutting edge in front of goal this season..not that he was ever prolific of course. Get's himself in great positions and fluffs his lines...

Call it lack of confidence or call it lack of quality...either way we need him to chip in now and again.

Hopefully he just needs a goal then will go on a streak. He can strike a ball well and gets into good positions.

However get Jordan Ibe or similar in on loan then he's a bench player. 

Okay so my take on the game was that it was nice to see us playing with greater tempo and enthusiasm but there were also all the same weaknesses, which are likely to be exposed by better teams than QPR.

We showed a complete lack of composure in front of goal and so nearly lost the points by switching off in the last five minutes. 

The current squad is good enough for top ten finishes. I am delighted we played some good football but let's put things in perspective - we're a mile off top three standard and will need to sacrifice some 'favourites' to get there. 

Effort alone is not enough.

Qpr were very poor, Derby totally dominated (which I've not seen or heard about for a long time). Derbys crossing went a bit astray at times and we nearly lost 2 pts at the end. Pleased Rowett is off the mark and hopefully we can get some decent results together now. Makes that 94min Forest goal all the more annoying.

Firstly.. We beat fooking QPR and I hate those Cockney mugs... It's always personal for us London Rams and I work with loads of em.. Oh happy days.  :wub:

The performance, excellent.. Russet frustrating with final ball and finishing but that does not bother me so much. We have all see what he can do, so we know it's there. He should have had 3 last night, just some bad luck. Confidence player and needs a bit of luck.

GR, agree he speaks very well. sMac spoke I drifted off, same old rubbish.. I like what he says and how he says it. He has a presence and hopefully the players pick that up as well.

Fulham will be a bigger test footballing wise.. I am away and will miss it.. 6 weeks ago I was not bothered, now strangely I am.

8 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

Maybe but it's happening far too often.

And when their player.. Cilla Black or whatever his name his.. Sylla..stands in the centre of our box on the edge of the 6-yard line and get's a free header in...you gotta wonder what your centre halfs are doing. 

He didn't lose his marker cos nobody was marking him in the first place!

The centre halfs are marking the biggest players, Keogh on Smith and Pearce on Hall. Think you will find it was Darren Bent who went walkabout from his player (like against Villa).

They had 4 players on the edge of the box, Smith, Hall, Perch and Bidwell. They were marked by our 2 centre halfs and Baird and Russell.

Solid performance, never really looked in trouble other than from set pieces. Thought Baird, Johnson and Vydra were the stand out players. Early days but Rowett says the right things and I like his style. Quite positive now for next season.

6 hours ago, sage said:

This. 100%.

We have only conceded one goal from a set piece  (as far as i can recall) where the CB was beaten by his man. 

It is the 3rd, 4th, 5th (at Forest 6th biggest threat in the air) that has scored. Not the main threat.

It was Darren Bent's man that had the free header. The only one that sticks in my mind was Leicester in the cup at home.

I don't know if it's been mentioned earlier, but it looked like the pitch had been narrowed last  night. The West stand touchline has been moved about 2 feet closer to the goal. 

I guess it's to help the pressing game and make the team more compact.  

Archived