Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

Mafiabob

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That was Russell's mrs mate

yikes.gif Sorry Pete, I saw Vydra highlights on the telly but the Mrs was telling me what I'm doing tomorrow then heard GR say somebody's  Mrs had a baby, I assumed they were talking about Vydra.

Thanks for putting me right McLovin. :thumbsup:

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the game in a boozer in Ashbourne.

it just looked liked we were trying

i dont know if Rowett is the prodigal son, but we didn't spend 15 passes trying to make a goal 'work'. We seemed more direct in a way that created runners and triers. Early days but it looked like a different approach to what we've had before. 

He's got the personel. 

Maybe this might work......!???

Yes better tonight.

Nearly threw it away at the end again with another free header from a corner...Rowett needs to seriously address this problem. Get shut of the centre halfs if need be...

But on the whole, more energy and more desire than we've seen for sometime.

Fans were great.

Russell needs a goal by the way..

8 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Yes better tonight.

Nearly threw it away at the end again with another free header from a corner...Rowett needs to seriously address this problem. Get shut of the centre halfs if need be...

Fans were great.

Love Russell, his personality, work rate, effort, but what he needs is a new club, his quality is woeful and short of the standard required IMO, needs upgrading, so frustrating

4 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Blimey... 5 reds in 34 games.. Sounds a lot to me.

Presumably they were games with thermonuclear warheads set off because he seemed determined not to book anyone today.

I like what Rowett said about watching tapes of vydra at watford using his explosive pace to get in the box. Common sense really, but I bet it focuses vydra to do what he used to.

Sometimes things like that need pointing out as they can get lost somewhere along the way. If we get him scoring like that again, we got one hell of a player on our hands. 

I trust Rowett to get the best out of the players. Maybe that's what we need, rather than wholesale changes. 

17 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Yes better tonight.

Fans were great.

Not sure how blame can be put on the centre halfs for other players losing their player.

I throught derby were brillient tonight apart from few mins in first half and few mins towards the end derby were much much better and I think the reason why were struggling towards end of the game. But on the whole thats was like derby of old with our attacking football.

25 minutes ago, Vulcanboy said:

Looks like Rowett is instilling a 'work ethic' in the team, this much was blatantly obvious tonight. They all put in a decent shift tonight! Well done lads 

So good to see us harrying teams when we don't have possession...we pressurised them into giving the ball back. Such a long time since we've seen that. Real energy on the pitch which transmitted to the fans who responded with energy back...ah quid pro quo and reciprocity. :mellow:

56 minutes ago, jono said:

Thoroughly enjoyed this game. Energy, team play everyone seemed to know their role except maybe Tom who looked a bit unsure as a pure winger. Loved it when we went wide though and BJ was coming forward in to the middle and giving an option that wasn't purely defensive. It wasn't all tippy tappy but much more controlled and crafted to give us the extra man.

we harried higher up the pitch them which meant hurried passes from them and we picked up seconds more often than at any time in the last 12/18 months. Nuge is a great nuisance. Vydra ran well and showed some touches and that great roofed finish but they muscled in on him in two's. Don't think the ref picked up enough of their holding and barging. Johnny would have had 10/10 if hadn't come on the the pitch with a blunderbuss instead of a rifle. Worried about the set pieces and corners but hey .. Clean sheet so just learn from it. 

There are a pair of old guys near me .. A bit like the two gents from the muppets .. They reckoned ghost of Cloughie had returned in Rowett and he said no more girly haircuts in this team .. How Incy gets away with a slug on his bonce will be discussed at the next team meeting.

And now tenuous connection ITK gossip of the week. .. My friends grandsons girlfriend* is a mate of GR's daughter and the whole family are chuffed to bits he got the job. Apparently GR punched the air when he broke the news the he was the new manager of DCFC. I am pretty happy too. 

Spot on Jono...Ince was the only one who didn't have quite the hunger that the others had. Gary Rowett seems to be "so right"...you can tell he is just walking on air and he's going to do everything he can to get this job right. 

* is that actually possible?:mellow:

9 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Spot on Jono...Ince was the only one who didn't have quite the hunger that the others had. Gary Rowett seems to be "so right"...you can tell he is just walking on air and he's going to do everything he can to get this job right. 

* is that actually possible?:mellow:

Disagree, thought all were hungry..... just think we attacked down one channel a lot more than the other..... Ince was ok. Was involved in goal too.....

I really enjoyed the game, and it's the first time in a while I've said that.

Nice to see a little bit more direct but controlled football. QPR were pretty rubbish and offered no threat until the predictable chance at the end, and had we won by three or four it wouldn't have been unfair.

Well done all.

48 minutes ago, rynny said:

Not sure how blame can be put on the centre halfs for other players losing their player.

Maybe but it's happening far too often.

And when their player.. Cilla Black or whatever his name his.. Sylla..stands in the centre of our box on the edge of the 6-yard line and get's a free header in...you gotta wonder what your centre halfs are doing. 

He didn't lose his marker cos nobody was marking him in the first place!

I had to work tonight, but got home for the last 30 mins plus and I enjoyed every second, pressing properly, hunger, passion, a team that looked like it was up for it, and Bradley taking control, Nugent chasing everything down with a smile, a laugh, Vydra enjoying himself, Russell wanting to be involved and Gary Rowett on the touch line talking to them, encouraging them and then speaking so well after the game.

A real breath of fresh air. Well done Mel, well done Gary and well done Derby County, you make me proud again.

Up The Rams. Double over Q.P.R. Looking forward to my youngest boy's coffee morning at Nursery tomorrow morning, one of the Dads is a Q.P.R fan, hope he enjoys my Rams shirt, I might stick my flag down on the table, nice table cloth!

Archived