Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

Mafiabob

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got time for GR to work on the obvious frailties, I'm really looking forward to this match.

Hopefully we can Ram that carrot back down Holloways 'carrot crunching trap'. ??

Dont know why but he's had an awful lot of negativity spewing from his mush at every given opportunity with regard our famous club.

I really hope it comes back to bite him ?? HARD!

Shame nearly all of our defence will miss a lot of training from international duties. Hopefully something can be resolved in that aspect with the little time they'll be back. Looking forward to this one, if only to be the proverbial bird crapping on Holloway's head.

13 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Based on the relentless display from our midfield and attack yesterday, I pity QPR. If we maintain our press, they are about to be struck by a hurricane. 

We were playing a terrible Forest side and for half the game they were far better than we were. Much improved second half but let's not pretend it was something that it wasn't. It was much of what we've seen already this season. Lethargic and clueless in parts, exciting and optimistic in others. With bizarre defending and a late set piece goal thrown in. 

We battered a better Forest earlier this season remember.

Think if everything goes well over the break we could absolutely murder these, there's defensive problems to be ironed out but the effectiveness of our attacking play yesterday appeared to be excellent. Would expect a more controlled approach to this game and with that I would expect Hughes to come in, but the attack will remain similar. We need the intensity of most of the second half all game here, if we manage that we should easily have these.

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Carson
Christie Keogh Baird Olsson
Johnson Hughes
Ince Vydra Russell
Nugent. 

Really hope Will gets a start in this one, need to get him playing again. 

I think Rowett said other day that yesterday team won't be the same one for next game which is very interesting. 

2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Based on the relentless display from our midfield and attack yesterday, I pity QPR. If we maintain our press, they are about to be struck by a hurricane. 

I know you pride yourself on being on the edge, but there are times your occasional good sense gets swamped by your hyperbole.

Sometimes things aren't terrible, nor are they amazing, they're just average, like our displays in most games this season.

We played well for 30 of the 90 minutes yesterday, against a really poor team.

Carson

Christie   Keogh      Baird      Lowe

Hughes     Johnson

Ince               Vydra              Russell

Nugent

Carson 

Keogh.           Baird.          Pearce

Anya.                                                                    Lowe

Hughes.     Johnson

Bryson

Ince.                   Nugent.              Vydra

I want to put up my suggested team but the truth is none of us know quite what the right blend is.

defo want a 4-2-3-1 sort of set up ... Vydra and Nugent can do things together ( don't be rude ! )

i like Johnson coming forward and want to see Hughsey on the pitch again. Full backs ? .. Baird for me, much as I like Cyrus when he has the bit between his teeth Inwould rather Baird for his consistency and the way he works with Ince. Lowe or Ollson... Dunno .. Both bring something

Ince / Carson / Keogh / Pearce  .. Automatic picks with Shacks out 

I wonder if Anya is worth a swap with JR ? He can cross  better and hold the ball but isn't quite the nagging mosquito that Johnny is and will have more to aim at if we are on the front foot with Nuge and Vydra

Looking forward to it .. Hope internationals don't bring any injury woes. 

Archived