Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

Mafiabob

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very good half. Dominated from first minute to last, with QPR never having a sniff. Meanwhile, we had a succession of good chances and half-chances, but are so lacking in confidence in front of goal, especially Russell who had a lot of decent chances.

Can't fault the lads apart from not having scored the three or four our domination and chances have deserved. But when that's happened in the past, we might have let them in by now, and there's no sign at all of that. QPR are there to be put to the sword, but ours is very blunt indeed. Suspect we'll see Bent on for Nugent on the hour if nothing changes.

I'm sorry but we can't hit a barn door. Russell has no football brain at all. If he crosses the ball when through it is a tap in, but no he does a cross shot. Ince looks uninterested and why can't Nugent time a run. We are creating decent chances but we should be at least two up. Instead we go in at 0-0.

A decent first half, we just lack that killer finish/ball. Russell the man culprit for our final third downfalls but he's still making runs and showing for the ball, I don't mind this Johnny Russell, it's the one who's been hiding behind players and reluctant to come short that I'm not a fan of, something will come off if he keeps this up.

Baird has had an absolute solid game so far, not attacking enough people said? His deliveries are the best we've had and he's just as high up the pitch as Christie evert gets, keep it up. 

Vydra looks sharp and at home in the centre, BJ cleaning up pretty well too.. just needs to be careful getting caught in possession. 

Well we have had a lot of huff and a lot of puff and not much else in the first half. If Russell took his first chance we might have gone in a couple up at HT.

We look to light weight in there box, we will struggle to connect with headers as the QPR defenders look so much bigger than us.

I'm quite pleased with that first half. I'm not going to get on Russell's case, a bit of composure and he'll be handy to have around.

I'd like to see a little bit more from Ince and Bryson if it's not happening for the latter, I'd give Will half an hour. 

Vydra's playing quite well, hope he get's a goal tonight. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

sames goes for vrdra....both him and johnny doing very well bar their end product.

The fact is Russell has had 2 great chances to score Vydra hasn't but both have been good 

1 minute ago, derby1884 said:

I'm sorry but we can't hit a barn door. Russell has no football brain at all. If he crosses the ball when through it is a tap in, but no he does a cross shot. Ince looks uninterested and why can't Nugent time a run. We are creating decent chances but we should be at least two up. Instead we go in at 0-0.

They are there for the taking and we can't do anything about it

Like a eunuch in a harem.

3 minutes ago, derby1884 said:

...but other than that, all good yeah?

8 minutes ago, OsloRam said:

Can't understand the negativity in here. DCFC playing very well - Russell one of the best...

Yes he's been good but there is no hiding he should of scored 2 or 3 if it was Vydra he'd be getting stick for not scoring 

Just now, Anag Ram said:

They are there for the taking and we can't do anything about it

Like a eunuch in a harem.

QPR aren't great and rely on Matt Smith getting control on the ball when up top. This QPR team doesn't scare me and if we go in front we could get two or three, but we are struggling with one.

If we give QPR the point they've come for I'll be disappointed, wouldn't go as far as to say they are there for the taking as they don't look that interested in getting forward yet we're still creating chances.

Could easily have been 3 or 4 up, think all the forwards including Ince have been guilty of either poor decision making, lack of composure or just being half arsed.

Things usually get better in the 2nd half so not sulking just yet

Archived