Darren Bent

Waffle

Sith Happens
49 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Wasn't it Curtis Woodhouse?Ex Sheffield Utd.

Not sure.....i think he found out roughly where this guy lived and started knocking on doors. The guy obviously caught wind of it and opened the door and said 'ok i think this has gone far enough'.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't read even half of this thread so l might now be going over old ground. I see no reason why Darren Bent should be posting his views of our fans on twitter. He is a paid employee of Derby County FC, and he is paid to kick a football. He is not paid to make media comments about the club, and l suspect his contract confirms that. How many on here would go on Twitter to have a bit of a dig at their employer's client base? 

On 08/03/2017 at 18:35, Adslegend said:

Completely agree. Getting to the point that the players must hate playing at home due to the toxic crowd. Any slight error instantly generates groans around the ground.

I think the fact that McClaren praised the crowd for sticking with the team at half time on Saturday (ie not booing) when it was still 0-0 shows just how bad the fans have gotten. It should be a given that the team don't get booed off at half time. 

The fans that deem anything other than promotion a 'failure' would be better off buying tickets for prem teams and going there because it seems they only care about watching a team that's in the prem.

Toxic crowd? Are you serious!!. 

A few boos is not toxic, and before you say it, I don't boo, I won't ever boo my team.

Pride Park is a library, apart from a few games it always has been. Our home support is not great, South Stand trying to make efforts to be recognised but I'm sorry our home support is lacking. 

On 8 March 2017 at 19:23, Alpha said:

How come me and you aren't footballers if it's so easy?

We aren't lucky enough, it's called life and some of us in this world are more fortunate than others, it's a shame the ones with all the luck can't keep a football off a goal line with all the time in the world, to pass it or to launch it to safety or to pass a football into an open goal when required. Believe me it's easy, just some of these so called professional footballers have enough about themselves to kid on the likes of you, by letting you think it's a hard thing to do.

5 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Haven't read even half of this thread so l might now be going over old ground. I see no reason why Darren Bent should be posting his views of our fans on twitter. He is a paid employee of Derby County FC, and he is paid to kick a football. He is not paid to make media comments about the club, and l suspect his contract confirms that. How many on here would go on Twitter to have a bit of a dig at their employer's client base? 

Sorry to be a pedant but my employer's client base are retailers who purchase biscuits. Therefore i could actually "have a bit of a dig" at Tesco, Morrisons, Waitrose, Aldi, Lidl, M&S, Asda and Sainsbury's on Twitter without compromising my job.

Other than that, good post.:D

16 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

We aren't lucky enough, it's called life and some of us in this world are more fortunate than others, it's a shame the ones with all the luck can't keep a football off a goal line with all the time in the world, to pass it or to launch it to safety or to pass a football into an open goal when required. Believe me it's easy, just some of these so called professional footballers have enough about themselves to kid on the likes of you, by letting you think it's a hard thing to do.

Jesus

4 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Toxic crowd? Are you serious!!. 

A few boos is not toxic, and before you say it, I don't boo, I won't ever boo my team.

Pride Park is a library, apart from a few games it always has been. Our home support is not great, South Stand trying to make efforts to be recognised but I'm sorry our home support is lacking. 

Our home support is absolutely tremendous considering the length of time out of the top flight coupled with the lack of promotion attempts over the last 10 years.

There's nowt wrong with our support other than a sprinkling of booers that every club has.

Can every person who complains about the atmosphere say they sing their hearts out every match? 

6 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I would expect an employer to support an employee who was experiencing abuse from their client base

3 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

So the reason me and you aren't footballers is luck? 

It's not, brother.

13 hours ago, i-Ram said:

And I guess the people abusing him on Twitter are paid to do other things, not harass and abuse footballers.

I'm not on Twitter but if a client was calling me out on a form of social media and I thought it was unfair, yes I would respond.

As I've previously said he's not calling out DCFC fanbase, he id calling select individuals.

59 minutes ago, Alpha said:

So the reason me and you aren't footballers is luck? 

It's not, brother.

So what about all the nepotism in the game and all the thousands of kids throughout Britain that are not looked at for their footballing abilities when growing up, I suppose that has nothing to do with it either.

It's a job and thousands of people get jobs through who they know, their contacts etc and sometimes not for their abilities, a foot in the door if you like, football is the same, and I've seen ex players kids get the special treatment, pushy parents etc, the leg ups required to make it, so I know a number of factors that differ from one person to the next can be massive in becoming professional at any job, even down to grading systems and how different people can grade people differently, luck is probably not the best word to describe it, but I bet you know a few people in jobs that do very little and get paid a lot and have gained a lot of these factors to climb the ladder.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Our home support is absolutely tremendous considering the length of time out of the top flight coupled with the lack of promotion attempts over the last 10 years.

There's nowt wrong with our support other than a sprinkling of booers that every club has.

Can every person who complains about the atmosphere say they sing their hearts out every match? 

I'd say that our 'spectators' are absolutely tremendous in their ability to turn up in numbers. 

Our 'support' is awful. 

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I always thought Jesus was a goalie. You know the old one about 'Jesus saves' but Bent / whoever puts in the rebound. As for his record dealing with crosses... 

He is good at hanging on to the high ones? :o

7 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

I would expect an employer to support an employee who was experiencing abuse from their client base

I don't disagree with that point, and perhaps my understanding is not clear here (see @G STAR RAM point), but didn't DB bring this all on himself? Was he getting pelters from fans before he posted his comments?  My point is he should not be inititiating or responding personally - the club should deal with it. l won't say any more on this. I just need to log on to DB's Facebook page to see a picture of what he had for breakfast this morning, and learn if he has bought another pair of trainers  :lol:

17 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm sorry but there are many games now where it's just dull, a reality check required in my opinion. 

Our away support is tremendous but that's just not replicated consistently over a season, no matter where we are in the league. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say, I think this will be Bent's last season with us.

If we still had Mac in charge, I think we would have opted for the extension of another year on his contract.

But now with Rowett, I think he'll prefer Nugent/Martin for his "big men" & Vydra/Weimann to sit behind them. Would be very very surprised to see Bent's contract extended.

Archived