Darren Bent

Waffle

54 minutes ago, Davide said:

How is he lazy? And too old? Dont think he is ... Similar age to nugent? Lots of top strikers past 30 

i think it would be silly to let him go how many strikers in the championship can better his goals per game ratio i think they should keep darren in the squad

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/20/2017 at 04:26, Nuwtfly said:

Just doesn't impact upon the game enough, for me. We've needed his goals this season, but I'd pick someone like Nugent over him all day long. Will be Martin/Nugent taking the forward role for us next season, I'd of thought, with perhaps someone from the U23's stepping up to cover them. Jakobsen maybe? 

Don't you forget about the best striker we have - oo la la - Zanzala

10 minutes ago, Davide said:

A replacement ? Who? We are one of the lowest scoring teams and to get 12 goals this season so far is a massive achievement. 

A replacement. .. I'm not hiring or firing at Derby so I can't tell you who but my replacement would be young, hungry and not cost as much in wages.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

He's really not lazy, worked very hard for the team when he's been featured this year. Gave us goals and a target when no one else could.

Sort of a 'Dad sitting in front of Match of the Day with his arms crossed' opinion to call Bent lazy. Forum equivalent to lazy journalism.

Lazy forumism?

Some truth no? You can't be offsides as much as he is and not be switching off during games. 

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Some truth no? You can't be offsides as much as he is and not be switching off during games. 

hes offside because we are unable to play early balls to him at least you play a through ball to him which is an option you dont get with martin unless hes being marked by jimmy armfield

26 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Don't you forget about the best striker we have - oo la la - Zanzala

You've been harping on about Zanzala for so long Ninos. I hope I'll be around to see your reaction if he gets released without even playing a match for the first team.

43 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Provide me with stats that prove Bent is offside an unusual amount for a championship level forward and I'll listen to that criticism.

Until I get my eyes on those stats, I reckon it's more of a misconception about Bent than a truth. People tend to see what they want to see.

13 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Provide me with stats that prove Bent is offside an unusual amount for a championship level forward and I'll listen to that criticism.

Until I get my eyes on those stats, I reckon it's more of a misconception about Bent than a truth. People tend to see what they want to see.

Not even in the top 10 for average offide per game, he's 21st in the list. Chris Martin 18th

IMG_0326.PNG

1 hour ago, Davide said:

A replacement ? Who? We are one of the lowest scoring teams and to get 12 goals this season so far is a massive achievement. Also I don't think he's started nearly every match- I'm guessing 30 matches ? Ish so his goal rate is very good. Don't get fans who are moaning- he scores goals. Maybe then everyone would have been happier with Blackman up front on his own? Russell? Weizmann? Bent is a quality finisher shame he's had to live off scraps the whole season

i should imagine there will be a few takers for darren i think theres plenty of life in the old dog only derby would get rid of their best goal scorer no wonder we are becoming a laughing stock at least it makes a change from getting rid of the manager

On 08/03/2017 at 19:30, philmycock said:

We used to be great, and then we signed Darren Bent

Think thats a bit harsh,All in all Darren has done better than most recent signings, considering for the most part last season and under Pc he was,shove him on for the last ten mins and see if he can get us out of the Sh#t .Not sure what his goal to game is but i would imagine it to be better than most.

Dont agree with his tweets,hitting back at the fans when the team are currently poor isn't going to achieve anything and he wants too be thank full so many of us turn up considering some of the performances his team mates have put in recently,DB i pay and contribute to DCFC   irrespective of where we are tickets,merchandise,memorabilia where as you Take as an employee quite substantially by all accounts and have a direct influence on results and performances unlike myself, So if you dont like what your hearing get off your arse and prove yourself.  Or are you going to run to Mel and complain about the fans now,probably our fault the team are doing sh#t, get Mel to send a drone over my house if it makes you feel better becouse  even the present shower of Sh#te cant blame the present manager so soon can they??

I think Blackman will get a chance too. Rowett seems like a decent bloke, so I'm sure everyone will get a fair crack. 

Look at Ince under Pearson and Ince under SM. A new manager could bring back the 15 goal scoring lad from Reading. He might even play him in his actual position...

4 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

I think Blackman will get a chance too. Rowett seems like a decent bloke, so I'm sure everyone will get a fair crack. 

Look at Ince under Pearson and Ince under SM. A new manager could bring back the 15 goal scoring lad from Reading. He might even play him in his actual position...

I think it will be Martin, Nugent and Vydra next season plus one from the academy. Unless GR decides to go 2 up top. 

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 14:17, MuespachRam said:

Too expensive, too lazy, too offside...won't miss him at all WHEN he goes. 

Oh and too old. 

Too expensive? He was FREE AGENT. Hardly'too lazy' he won us some games and he isn't too old.

On Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 16:45, Gritters said:

Do we really want to be paying big wages to an expensive, lazy, old has been? Or should we be looking at young blood to break in with a point to prove? 

Lazy has been? Wow just wow... 

22 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Blackman has only ever once scored the 15.... he never looked likely before and he'll never look likely again.... he's a goner

Archived