Derby Vs Preston

rynny

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

10 mins to go every side sits back. It was such a stupid change. JR and MV were fantastic. JR did not run out of legs 

Both likely to feature on Friday, so doesn't surprise me they came off. Stats suggest they did plenty of running 

7 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

10 mins to go every side sits back. It was such a stupid change. JR and MV were fantastic. JR did not run out of legs 

Did he not do the same with JR in the Play Off Final. And I think Srg and his entourage have been clapping him ever since!

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Both likely to feature on Friday, so doesn't surprise me they came off. Stats suggest they did plenty of running 

Friday is great but we had a game to win at 1-0. Russell came off at 85ish. Surely 10 mins extra? Vydra sub I can understand as he hasn't played much football but I can't get my head around why Camara was chosen 

We dropped points by not converting the chances we had to go two or three up. We just don't score enough goals. It's that simple. Preston had one shot on goal all night so we can moan about our inability to defend but they were restricted to a single attempt so how bad can the defence have played?

On the brightside, Forest got beat and we don't support Arsenal.

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

We lost this game by not converting the chances we had to go two or three up. We just don't score enough goals. It's that simple. Preston had one shot on goal all night so we can moan about our inability to defend but they were restricted to a single attempt so how bad can the defence have played?

On the brightside, Forest got beat and we don't support Arsenal.

Drew, not lost

Decent post otherwise.

It's funny isn't it? Does anybody else get a feeling when a goal is going to be scored late on? I was tracking the last few minutes of the game via William Hill as their updates are pretty much instant. I could sense Preston would score and then just before the 95th minute it flashed up 'GOAL' which was no surprise at all.

Funnily enough I get a feeling we're going to concede late on than I do for us scoring late on...

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It's funny isn't it? Does anybody else get a feeling when a goal is going to be scored late on? I was tracking the last few minutes of the game via William Hill as their updates are pretty much instant. I could sense Preston would score and then just before the 95th minute it flashed up 'GOAL' which was no surprise at all.

Funnily enough I get a feeling we're going to concede late on than I do for us scoring late on...

That's because I believe we've conceded something like 8 added time goals this season, while scoring none. Coincidence or bottle? That's the question

5 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Exactly the same. Mrs Pimpernel asked how we were getting on. I said 1-0 up but wait for the last minute goal from them. We as a team just seem incapable of finishing a game on the front foot. Why can we not keep the ball and play in the oppositions half instead of our own. It has to be either a lack of belief (mental) a lack of fitness or just plain lazy.

We concede late on because we start sitting deep and hoofing the ball up to their players which is a recipe for disaster. Preston started throwing men forward and we panic. Our ball retention was great tonight until 80 minutes when we probably couldn't string 2 passes together more than twice. 

If we do hoof it because the other team throw everyone forward then players need to quickly push out. 

That win v barnsley is looking very important now.

If we'd gone 9 without a win it would be getting v difficult for schteve.

today....all a bit half hearted. Not enough tempo or desire. The substitutions were bizarre.

We need to hold the ball up but bring on camara and bent?? Probably the worst two players for retaining possession. 

The subsequent events had an air of inevitability.

if that had gone to extra time we'd have lost.

Archived