Derby Vs Preston

rynny

Tuesday 7th March 7.45pm kick off.

Preston have been in decent form, Winning 3 and drawing 2, before their loss to Fulham today.

Will Mac keep the same team? Would you make any changes? Are we going to have to put up with the big V in the title for much longer?

IMG_4513.thumb.PNG.89ce12ffc892f621333c5

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Mac will go with the plan he had for today and it'll be:

Carson

Christie Baird Pearce olsson/Lowe

Johnson.    Butters.

Ince.                                         Vydra

Bent.       Nugent

De sart losing out based on butters playing well today and bent starting because.

9 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Team that came out for the second half for me.

Only exception would be Keogh in place of Baird, if fit.

Pearce has been crap recently, thought Baird was better than him yesterday. If Keogh had of played that terrible pass Pearce played yesterday people would be on here slating him. Let alone Pearce's overall poor performance.

4 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Pearce has been crap recently, thought Baird was better than him yesterday. If Keogh had of played that terrible pass Pearce played yesterday people would be on here slating him. Let alone Pearce's overall poor performance.

Baird just keeps on surprising me this season. Just when you think there's no more life in the old dog he throws another performance in . Brilliant utility man and I would definitely keep him around for another year .

Carson

Baird Keogh Shackell Olsson

Johnson Hughes

Ince Vydra Russell

Nugent

Thats extremely hopeful on the recovery of keogh and Shackell, suspect we'll be forced into the same defence as yesterday. Suspect it'll be butterfield instead of Hughes too which ain't a problem in my book, hell offer a similar role.

After Russell's best performance of the season on Saturday it will be hard for Steve Mac to leave him out. I also thought Butterfield brought a calmness to proceedings on Saturday and think that this will be enough to see him start against Preston.

The real dilemma is who to leave out from Bent, Nugent and Vydra, assuming Bent has recovered from his illness.

He has got to start Vydra down the middle with Nugent. Both intelligent players and there were signs that they were on the same wave length when Vydra drifted inside.

Vydra is wasted out wide. It was obvious and I was expecting McClaren to have noticed from his tree high perch and to address it at half time.

He didn't. Instead when Ince went out wide, Russell filled the gap.

Otherwise it was a decent performance. However, Hughes and Butterfield should never be on the pitch together. One was brought to replace the other when injured.

Hope we go 4-2-3-1 again. Really liked the look of our players in that shape. Would personally play the 3 in their preferred positions though, so we can start getting the best out of Vydra...

- - -  - - - - - -Carson - - - - - - - - - 

Christie - Baird - Pearce - Olsson

- - - - Johnson - - Butterfield - - - -

- Ince - - - - Vydra - - - Russell - - -

- - - - - - - - - Nugent - - - - - - - - - -

Carson

Christie Keogh Baird Olsson

Butterfield  Johnson 

Ince            Vydra       Russell

Nugent

Same again. I think Preston are a solid team especially away from home. The tempo on the 2nd half was much better so more of that but in the 1st half. 

Don't think I'd change Vydra Russell and Ince around after Russell and Vydra having there best games for a while. Vydra left and Russell right allows them both to cut in on their strongest foot to have a shot. If you put Russell back on the left he will be back to struggling to beat the man on the outside for a cross.

same front 4 and positions but nothing to stop them interchanging like we used to with wardy and Russell to keep the fullbacks guessing

I think it will be same team as Saturday with exception of Keogh/Shackell returning in place of Baird if either are fit and Butterfield in for De Sart. Bent hopefully back on the bench if fit.

We need to persist with front 4 but not necessarily in that formation. Bring Vydra into the centre, behind Nugent and put Ince on the wing. We look more balanced then.

58 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I think it will be same team as Saturday with exception of Keogh/Shackell returning in place of Baird if either are fit and Butterfield in for De Sart. Bent hopefully back on the bench if fit.

We need to persist with front 4 but not necessarily in that formation. Bring Vydra into the centre, behind Nugent and put Ince on the wing. We look more balanced then.

How would be more balanced? We are better balanced as it was Saturday. Neither CB are fit.

Archived