Derby Vs Preston

rynny

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I started a thread several weeks ago about the weird way referees play more added time against us than any other team and there was another instance of that tonight. Five minutes of added time, with no injuries to speak of? Nowhere else in the football world tonight will have seen that figure, which puts dread in the heart of our defenders and renewed faith for the opposition.

Also I would say terrible substitutions. Camara isn't the player to see the game out. When we need to keep the ball, Hughes needed to come on.

There was a long delay for the injury to Johnson.

Dropping so deep for so long is what cost us tonight.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Camara I guess was brought on to counter. Probably for him to get the ball and run to the corner. Hardly a terrible move. What would be worse is taking a forward off and bringing on a defender. That would be stupid as all that would do is invite pressure and long balls into the area when we really struggle with dealing with crosses into the box.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Why the **** did he bring Camara on to sit back? What is the point? He can't defend? Bring Anya on if we're sitting back. 

I presume we weren't meant to be sitting back. The players take the blame for that.

21 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Camara I guess was brought on to counter. Probably for him to get the ball and run to the corner. Hardly a terrible move. What would be worse is taking a forward off and bringing on a defender. That would be stupid as all that would do is invite pressure and long balls into the area when we really struggle with dealing with crosses into the box.

True, Nugent's only had a few games, same for Vydra recently and we have a game on Friday, both were replaced like for like. I can see the logic behind it, the changes didn't work out though. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

But instead of running the ball into the corner Camara ran the ball into the box and to their keeper. He's not clever enough to be that type of sub. Poor by both player and manager.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

I presume we weren't meant to be sitting back. The players take the blame for that.

I thought you'd think of some reason not to blame the manager !!

All he had to do was get the team to push up !!

1 minute ago, Justa said:

Does he run on to the pitch to get them to do that, I'd have thought telling them should be enough?

Just now, Justa said:

It was a non game anyway. It's just the sort of goal we would concede in the last minute of the play off final. Lessons need to be learned on game management.

Archived