Derby Vs Preston

rynny

16 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

This was at home to Preston. 

This kinda post I'm sure the postee would be quite happy tapping away on his keyboard whilst we were in league one .... 

I'm sorry .... 

Reality check needed with lots of posters on this forum ... :)

Welcome back

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Both likely to feature on Friday, so doesn't surprise me they came off. Stats suggest they did plenty of running 

Yeah those few minutes will make all the difference won't they.. Surprised we did not 'rest' more eh..

You really ain't got a Scooby.

PistoldPete2

I have no problem with taking nugent and vydra off they ran their socks off. But that meant no one to run after the long balls so we ended up just lumping it forward. It really needed a change of formation when those two went off back to 4-3-3 with hughes on. That's how you keep possession ,not lumping it forward and letting the opposition come back at you. 

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

We dropped points by not converting the chances we had to go two or three up. We just don't score enough goals. It's that simple. Preston had one shot on goal all night so we can moan about our inability to defend but they were restricted to a single attempt so how bad can the defence have played?

Bingo

6 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

This was at home to Preston. 

This kinda post I'm sure the postee would be quite happy tapping away on his keyboard whilst we were in league one .... 

I'm sorry .... 

Reality check needed with lots of posters on this forum ... :)

What's so great about Derby over Preston?

6 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

Coz we love accepting DCFC as a middle championship side ... :thumbsup:

Where were they when Mac came in? Where were they when Clough came in? Where we're they when Billy Davies came in? Where were they when George Burley came in? 

Between relegation from the PL the first time and 2017 what is our average position? 

Say what you like about the match but it's embarrassing seeing Derby fans making out they're some footballing giant and moaning about clubs that have more honours than Derby do. Why mock Preston? Didn't they beat Derby in the play offs in one of our rare "failure" seasons?

You're right. Some people need a reality check. 

7 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Been watching Derby since a schoolboy at the baseball ground, been reading the forum for ages and thought why not.,,.

got back from the match and spent 2 hrs getting this far!

What I do expect though is if we decide to sit on a 1-0 lead, (showing our intentions to Preston that fact  - I.e a free kick into the box with only Bent in it!!?) Is hard work.

lots of players seemed to have the attitude that others will pick up their slack in the last 5/10 mins. You can sit back deep and defend a slender lead I've no problem with that , but it requires harder work I'm afraid than a few players were prepared to give

An interesting point.

11 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I'm off to p1sh the bed, p1sh on every carpet and table in the house, p1sh in the wardrobes, p1sh on the curtains and p1sh on everything in the house and I will still get knowhere near the p1sh SM gets away with at this football club.

Yeah I can't wait for more of his p1sh next season and every other season!

De Sart has just passed me another huge jug of water to drink, good lad!

And you can trott out all his statistics and win ratio's forever, as I still think his p1sh will end up being the highest!

If that's what floats your boat go for it. 

On a positive note, Vydra looked good. I would still like to see him more central though. I think him and Martin next year will be a great partnership. A sharp(er) Vydra would probably have had a couple tonight, if that was the case the mood might of been very different. 

11 hours ago, jono said:

First 30 mins of each half were very enjoyable and we looked the better team.

Cruel equaliser but brought it on ourselves because we clear the ball to them 7 times out of 10 and seem Incapable of holding the ball when under pressure. 

That said we did enough over the game to deserve that bit more, so a bit flat walking back but not too downhearted. Add some composure, remove some seemingly pointless substitutions and we would have cruised it.

Vydra played well. Missed two chances, the first was just too high for him to get over it. If he'd scored the second it would have been a beauty. High and behind him, twisted, connected but just too awkward, so it was a row Z special. Very pleased he got his goal. Nuge over cooked  it but Vydra was right place right time. He's good on the ball and intelligent. 

Russel had a cracking game .. Back to his best harrying, driving and being a bloody nuisance

Johnson also had a stormer. The Fighting Vehicle was in full battle mode tonight. His whole demeanor when further up the pitch is better. He has swagger and confidence

Baird .. Read the game very well. TBH he was tidier than Pearce tonight 

Nuge was Nuge .. Always willing but they clearly had instructions not to give him an inch. 

CHristie and Olsson were both very patchy ..  Not close enough to their man when defending 

Butters gets a C for satisfactory

Prsston are lucky to have that Ben Pearson .. Skilled, quick and very composed for 22. Never gave it away carelessly.

loved the moment when they had their first sub .. He was about to throw in and had a little hissy fit throwing the ball down. East stand all went and did a camp "oooooh" and he scowled then stomped off like a 5 year old who wasn't allowed any more ice cream 

Anyway maybe it will be a bit better after a trip to the seaside COYR

Russell had a good game but if that was him back to his best it's not a surprise we won't get promoted, we know he can do better 

Maybe an.ovet reaction from some regarding last night's game . I took some positives out if the game for sure . The 2 central midfield players work both had decent games last night , Johnson was shattered and that challenge from McGeady just took it out of him . The front fours movement and interchange in play was good although during the final minutes of the game needed the ball to stick up there more , bringing Vydra off was probably a bit premature. Thought Baird did well again . Both full backs were poor both offensively and defensively . 

Sith Happens
24 minutes ago, Topram said:

Russell had a good game but if that was him back to his best it's not a surprise we won't get promoted, we know he can do better 

Russell and Ince linked up very well. Maybe not his best, he played better Saturday.

Russells form isnt the reason we arent going to be promoted.

59 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Russell and Ince linked up very well. Maybe not his best, he played better Saturday.

Russells form isnt the reason we arent going to be promoted.

I'm saying he had a good game but what I'm saying is if that is a man at his best and he's in our 11 then we won't get up 

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

On a positive note, Vydra looked good. I would still like to see him more central though. I think him and Martin next year will be a great partnership. A sharp(er) Vydra would probably have had a couple tonight, if that was the case the mood might of been very different. 

Did Vydra really look good? Or just better than what we have seen so far?

Missed 2 good chances in the first half and his goal was very scruffy to say the least.

Showed a few decent touches but still looking a very long way away from an £8m player.

14 hours ago, Ind coupe said:

`McClaren has been England manager , if he hasn't learned game management by now he never will.

If we retain this manager and players then we will be having the same discussion in a years time

Obviously he hasn't. I'm talking about running the clock down like all other teams do. Nigel Cloughs team had a corner flag love in for the last 5 minutes of any game we were one up in.  

Archived