Derby Vs Preston

rynny

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awful subs and going deep way too early cost us. Absolutely shocking at seeing the game out, no composure, nothing. 

Johnson my MOTM, had a quality game. 

McClaren needs to make ruthless decisions at the end of the season or he needs to go, a lot of these players need to be gone. 

40 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Wasn't that quiet after Blackburn scored the other week. All the bed wetters were out on patrol. 

I'm off to p1sh the bed, p1sh on every carpet and table in the house, p1sh in the wardrobes, p1sh on the curtains and p1sh on everything in the house and I will still get knowhere near the p1sh SM gets away with at this football club.

Yeah I can't wait for more of his p1sh next season and every other season!

De Sart has just passed me another huge jug of water to drink, good lad!

And you can trott out all his statistics and win ratio's forever, as I still think his p1sh will end up being the highest!

Not great - Johnson and Baird our best Players tonight, we only had 3 good chances which all fell the Vydra which is a shame  he didn't convert more, worst player by a mile - camara - why oh why.

once we went in front we stop looking for goals, that needs changing 

First 30 mins of each half were very enjoyable and we looked the better team.

Cruel equaliser but brought it on ourselves because we clear the ball to them 7 times out of 10 and seem Incapable of holding the ball when under pressure. 

That said we did enough over the game to deserve that bit more, so a bit flat walking back but not too downhearted. Add some composure, remove some seemingly pointless substitutions and we would have cruised it.

Vydra played well. Missed two chances, the first was just too high for him to get over it. If he'd scored the second it would have been a beauty. High and behind him, twisted, connected but just too awkward, so it was a row Z special. Very pleased he got his goal. Nuge over cooked  it but Vydra was right place right time. He's good on the ball and intelligent. 

Russel had a cracking game .. Back to his best harrying, driving and being a bloody nuisance

Johnson also had a stormer. The Fighting Vehicle was in full battle mode tonight. His whole demeanor when further up the pitch is better. He has swagger and confidence

Baird .. Read the game very well. TBH he was tidier than Pearce tonight 

Nuge was Nuge .. Always willing but they clearly had instructions not to give him an inch. 

CHristie and Olsson were both very patchy ..  Not close enough to their man when defending 

Butters gets a C for satisfactory

Prsston are lucky to have that Ben Pearson .. Skilled, quick and very composed for 22. Never gave it away carelessly.

loved the moment when they had their first sub .. He was about to throw in and had a little hissy fit throwing the ball down. East stand all went and did a camp "oooooh" and he scowled then stomped off like a 5 year old who wasn't allowed any more ice cream 

Anyway maybe it will be a bit better after a trip to the seaside COYR

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Exactly the same. Mrs Pimpernel asked how we were getting on. I said 1-0 up but wait for the last minute goal from them. We as a team just seem incapable of finishing a game on the front foot. Why can we not keep the ball and play in the oppositions half instead of our own. It has to be either a lack of belief (mental) a lack of fitness or just plain lazy.

9 minutes ago, Davide said:

We concede late on because we start sitting deep and hoofing the ball up to their players which is a recipe for disaster. Preston started throwing men forward and we panic. Our ball retention was great tonight until 80 minutes when we probably couldn't string 2 passes together more than twice. 

If we do hoof it because the other team throw everyone forward then players need to quickly push out. 

It's only when we're leading though. We've finished games really strongly when losing. Blackburn and Villa were both obvious recent examples. There's a lack of confidence in this team that undermines them even when they are leading. Unfortunately it's only winning games that gives a side confidence so quite how we fix it, I'm not sure. All a bit chicken and egg.

29 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Friday is great but we had a game to win at 1-0. Russell came off at 85ish. Surely 10 mins extra? Vydra sub I can understand as he hasn't played much football but I can't get my head around why Camara was chosen 

Me too. Anya . Yes .. He can hold the ball way better 

35 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

Good job the play-off chances are virtually gone, not even that upset  all about performances and players fighting for a place next season in the 11.

Please don't say 'virtually'. I suspect the word is 'totally' and, in reality, it has been that way since the start of February.

Two bang average sides huffing and puffing their way through a ridiculously early end of season game, with occasional flashes of adequacy from both sides..

We shaded it on chances but didn't really deserve to win any more than they did.

One specific whinge. Abdoul Camara. What a useless sack of *****. I said after Bristol that I didn't want to see him in a Rams shirt again, and I'm choked that I've had to experience it once more. 

One general whinge. Ince, Vydra, Russell. Possibly the right players, but certainly in the wrong positions.

Once again, I'd have been better off stopping at home and having a ****.

Just got back. 

1st half was as dull as dull can be. No life, no energy, nuthin'! Preston looked like they could ping a cross into the box, but that was about it.

Second half was much better, at least the first half of the second half anyway.

But we ain't going up. No way. We lack a cohesive desire - a group energy. We've seen it appear in (some of) these players before, but it's currently just lacking.

Loads and loads of intricate passes around the oppositions box, but no one really knowing how to push it forward, grab it by the scruff and make things work and 'have a go'

Preston were a tidy mid table championship team, but were nothing special and the kind of team we need to put to the sword if we have any aspirations to be a premiership team.

Cyrus Christie is not a good Championship player. We need better than him.

Vydra's pace is stunning. His run to save a ball going out in the 1st half was so rapid, it cooled my Bovril.

I thought Johnny seemed to have a bit more luck and swagger about him. The Johnny of old. Not amazing. But more than just the headless chicken, some would have you believe he is.

Finally, I'm no wristslasher. I think we should give Steve a summer and season to put things right. Get Thorne and Martin back. Move a few on. Bring a few in. he's clearly a gifted coach. But - I can't help but think that with the money we've spent on the squad we now have, we should really be doing better than this.

1 minute ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Finally, I'm no wristslasher. I think we should give Steve a summer and season to put things right. Get Thorne and Martin back. Move a few on. Bring a few in. he's clearly a gifted coach. But - I can't help but think that with the money we've spent on the squad we now have, we should really be doing better than this.

Think most would agree that changes are needed in the summer.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

I started a thread several weeks ago about the weird way referees play more added time against us than any other team and there was another instance of that tonight. Five minutes of added time, with no injuries to speak of? Nowhere else in the football world tonight will have seen that figure, which puts dread in the heart of our defenders and renewed faith for the opposition.

Also I would say terrible substitutions. Camara isn't the player to see the game out. When we need to keep the ball, Hughes needed to come on.

6 substitutions and a goal, there is 3 and a half minutes, means they only allowed 1 and a half minutes for BJ injury. If anything 5 minutes was not long enough.

53 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

It was a non game anyway. It's just the sort of goal we would concede in the last minute of the play off final. Lessons need to be learned on game management.

`McClaren has been England manager , if he hasn't learned game management by now he never will.

If we retain this manager and players then we will be having the same discussion in a years time

3 minutes ago, Stripperg-ram said:

he's clearly a gifted coach.

Not sure he is that great tbh.

(Even though i want him to do well)

I sure hope Keogh is fit for Friday so Baird can take christies position as he was just awful tonight, we dominated most of the game but you could sense they would score last on, happy for Vydra thought Russell started well but got poor later on doesn't track back as much as people make out but attacked a lot betteR tonight than in recent weeks, stupid subs didn't help why we subbed off MV was mental but ok if Steve wants to sub him of surely you put Ayna on? Anya must be fuming, Friday Keogh if fit comes back in Baird goes to right back Hughes back in for butterfield suns on for Russell 

Archived