Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

53 minutes ago, dcfcrams said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/fulham-and-derbys-chris-martin-transfer-tussle-highlights-ugly-side-of-promotion-race-111441533.html

'McClaren, since coming in, has acted in an infantile manner. Never mind legally-binding contracts. Never mind an agreement which was only likely to last temporarily once McClaren rejoined Derby.'

'Another manager might have agreed the extension and announced it post-season, but not this gaffer. It’s also highly improbable that he hasn’t been chatting to Martin about it – after all, the discontent only began after the 2-2 draw between the sides in mid-December.

Fulham have insisted that the striker will remain with them until the end of the season. Martin’s parent club has acted deplorably – it takes some doing to come out of a transfer saga like this looking a lot less dignified than the subject footballer'

Not great reading from our point of view.

Infantile journalism

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dcfcrams said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/fulham-and-derbys-chris-martin-transfer-tussle-highlights-ugly-side-of-promotion-race-111441533.html

'McClaren, since coming in, has acted in an infantile manner. Never mind legally-binding contracts. Never mind an agreement which was only likely to last temporarily once McClaren rejoined Derby.'

'Another manager might have agreed the extension and announced it post-season, but not this gaffer. It’s also highly improbable that he hasn’t been chatting to Martin about it – after all, the discontent only began after the 2-2 draw between the sides in mid-December.

Fulham have insisted that the striker will remain with them until the end of the season. Martin’s parent club has acted deplorably – it takes some doing to come out of a transfer saga like this looking a lot less dignified than the subject footballer'

Do you really care what a 2 bit journalist writes?

58 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

McClaren: "We'd quite like Chrissy Martin back"

Martin: "I'd quite like to go back"

Fulham: "Actually we'd rather keep him for now thanks"

Journos: *frothing at the mouth, eyes glazed, semi-coherent shoutings* WAAAARRRRR!!! WAAAARRRRRR!!!! W£$%%$£$%

Haha.

There is a bit of journalistic licence taken...but your version is equally disingenuous.

In Fulham's place I'd feel much stronger than I'd 'rather keep him'. There was also then a threat/whiff of 'I'm not going to play if I don't get my way' that seems to have bwen considered then thought better of.

Not ideal and one of those situations. Not always going possible for everyone to be happy and we probably overstepped best practice.

It's not 'war' but it IS business...and some time '**** happens'. Don't think we should  deny that, I'm just pleased we're the giver rather than the taker for a change ! 

12 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

It's not even journalism. It's opinion mascarading as journalism. If I showed that to an editor he'd tell me to f*** off.

Can't stand self important opinion pieces like that. I get it when an expert chips in with their informed view and explains the inner workings of a situation and perhaps how they'd approach the whole process themselves.

When it's just Joe Nobody sticking their oar in, it holds no more weight than the opinion of your average bloke spouting crap about the team in the bogs at half time

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Can't stand self important opinion pieces like that. I get it when an expert chips in with their informed view and explains the inner workings of a situation and perhaps how they'd approach the whole process themselves.

When it's just Joe Nobody sticking their oar in, it holds no more weight than the opinion of your average bloke spouting crap about the team in the bogs at half time

He's not Joe Nobody, he's done work experience at the local West London paper, and had even been paid for his articles on some occasions.

12 hours ago, Tombo said:

12 hours ago, reveldevil said:

He's not Joe Nobody, he's done work experience at the local West London paper, and had even been paid for his articles on some occasions.

Plus the average bloke spouting crap in the bogs doesn't get "printed" on the internet 

15 hours ago, dcfcrams said:

Hes obviously a Fulham fan. I still don't se any evidence to suggest Derby have acted poorly, or even Mclaren. What is wrong with a manager stating he wishes he could have the player back? There is no proof whatsoever to state Mclaren and Martin have been having conversations,

The only person who possibly comes out of this badly is Martin with his refusal to play at the start of January, we cant argue with that.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

The only person who possibly comes out of this badly is Martin with his refusal to play at the start of January, we cant argue with that.

37 minutes ago, rynny said:

I believe he was injured.

Jokanovich believes that too.

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

Plus the average bloke spouting crap in the bogs doesn't get "printed" on the internet 

They do when they make an account on dcfcfans :lol:

I haven't introduced myself have I? Hi, bloke from the bogs here, nice to meet you

Archived