Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

33 minutes ago, laughalot said:

When you play a dirty game by your own rules, things have a way of boomeranging back on you!

last I'll say on the matter

Good luck with your season!

20 minutes ago, laughalot said:

82 pages and counting.......you will do fine without him and can see you getting promoted regardless.

You are a good side.

Next year you probably wont even want him and will be looking for a PL striker.

This whole thing makes both our sides look stupid in my opinion 

:thumbsup: 

Thanks for the link, Terry, to show what we have wrote on here....

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, that guy was a Fulham fan? I thought it was a Derby fan pointing out an obsessive Fulham fan! 

On another point, 82 pages (well now 83) and what? Those ruddy football fans...discussing ruddy football together...on a football forum?? Grrr it makes me wanna puke

1 hour ago, laughalot said:

82 pages and counting.......you will do fine without him and can see you getting promoted regardless.

You are a good side.

Next year you probably wont even want him and will be looking for a PL striker.

This whole thing makes both our sides look stupid in my opinion 

How do you know even if we made the premier league that we wouldn't want Martin? He's never been tried and tested in the premier league with Derby. 

3 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

If Fulham miss the payment deadline by 1 minute, I assume the contract is breached and Martin returns?

What payment deadline? 

Just now, DazaDunn said:

For the remainder of the loan. They have £1.5M to pay by the end of the transfer deadline. This is in the contract. If Fulham are late with the payment it's a breach of contract.

Oh. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd already paid that to be honest. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

Oh. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd already paid that to be honest. 

From what I've heard, they haven't yet. Most likely paid on Tuesday? Hopefully online banking goes down just as they're trying to make the payment, and the bank issues a expected fix time of 11:01pm :whistle:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/fulham-and-derbys-chris-martin-transfer-tussle-highlights-ugly-side-of-promotion-race-111441533.html

'McClaren, since coming in, has acted in an infantile manner. Never mind legally-binding contracts. Never mind an agreement which was only likely to last temporarily once McClaren rejoined Derby.'

'Another manager might have agreed the extension and announced it post-season, but not this gaffer. It’s also highly improbable that he hasn’t been chatting to Martin about it – after all, the discontent only began after the 2-2 draw between the sides in mid-December.

Fulham have insisted that the striker will remain with them until the end of the season. Martin’s parent club has acted deplorably – it takes some doing to come out of a transfer saga like this looking a lot less dignified than the subject footballer'

Not great reading from our point of view.

8 minutes ago, dcfcrams said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/fulham-and-derbys-chris-martin-transfer-tussle-highlights-ugly-side-of-promotion-race-111441533.html

'McClaren, since coming in, has acted in an infantile manner. Never mind legally-binding contracts. Never mind an agreement which was only likely to last temporarily once McClaren rejoined Derby.'

'Another manager might have agreed the extension and announced it post-season, but not this gaffer. It’s also highly improbable that he hasn’t been chatting to Martin about it – after all, the discontent only began after the 2-2 draw between the sides in mid-December.

Fulham have insisted that the striker will remain with them until the end of the season. Martin’s parent club has acted deplorably – it takes some doing to come out of a transfer saga like this looking a lot less dignified than the subject footballer'

Not great reading from our point of view.

Hilarious reading to my mind....

No evidence at all that Mac has been involved in the negotiations or actions on this matter,other than stating,honestly,that he wanted him back.

My personal view is that this happens all the time but that Fulham dragged it into the mud by their public statements and actions.

They should have sorted this out in private.

Derby have acted commendably and I'll back them all the way.

They only finally reacted to Fulham's taunts when they gave Martin his contract.

the same goes for Martin who has been the most professional of the lot.i.m.o...Carried on playing football to the best of his ability and kept his gob shut.

8 minutes ago, dcfcrams said:

McClaren: "We'd quite like Chrissy Martin back"

Martin: "I'd quite like to go back"

Fulham: "Actually we'd rather keep him for now thanks"

Journos: *frothing at the mouth, eyes glazed, semi-coherent shoutings* WAAAARRRRR!!! WAAAARRRRRR!!!! W£$%%$£$%

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No evidence at all that Mac has been in bed in the negotiations or action s on this matter,other than stating,honestly that he wanted him back.

My personal view is that this happens all the time but that Fulham dragged it into the mud by their public statements and actions.

Derby have acted commendably and I'll back them.all the way.

From people I know who write those kind of articles, it's all about the 'hits' on the website and very much not about doing any sort of research into whatever you are writing about. For pretty low pay too so It's best to ignore them. Ghe guy I know only started watching football 3 years ago (not even joking) but made an instagram account and a blog and he was soon getting offers from betting sites and all sorts. Journalism is slowly being erased for opinionism, and not even educated opinions.

15 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

No evidence at all that Mac has been involved in the negotiations or actions on this matter,other than stating,honestly,that he wanted him back.

Derby have acted commendably and I'll back them all the way.

They only finally reacted to Fulham's taunts when they gave Martin his contract.

the same goes for Martin who has been the most professional of the lot.i.m.o...Carried on playing football to the best of his ability and kept his gob shut.

I liked the bit about McCormack then the let's turn our attention down a tier :blink: Villa have been promoted back to the prem have they? Was half expecting a "McLaren" in there as well.

Archived