Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

28 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just to Pop something into people's minds, Martin could return to Derby at any point for the remainder of his loan at Fulham if they choose to cancel it and we accept, just putting it out there! And yes he could play for us.

loans can only be cancelled in transfer windows.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, dcfcrams said:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/fulham-and-derbys-chris-martin-transfer-tussle-highlights-ugly-side-of-promotion-race-111441533.html

'McClaren, since coming in, has acted in an infantile manner. Never mind legally-binding contracts. Never mind an agreement which was only likely to last temporarily once McClaren rejoined Derby.'

'Another manager might have agreed the extension and announced it post-season, but not this gaffer. It’s also highly improbable that he hasn’t been chatting to Martin about it – after all, the discontent only began after the 2-2 draw between the sides in mid-December.

Fulham have insisted that the striker will remain with them until the end of the season. Martin’s parent club has acted deplorably – it takes some doing to come out of a transfer saga like this looking a lot less dignified than the subject footballer'

Not great reading from our point of view.

Fulham fan that's written that article, check his Twitter

27 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Just seen three pink things fly past.

So Jokanovic says the medical team couldn't find his injury, then he says he didn't refuse to play. Maybe just maybe one of those is said to act as a negative and one you choose to ignore?

40 minutes ago, cannable said:

Fulham fan that's written that article, check his Twitter

Ha, he wrote for West London Sport too!

Doesn't help me see that publication in any better light. Nothing I've seen written from them has given me confidence that they know what they are writing about.

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I've read the article and actually, I agree with him. Derby come out of this poorly.

No surprise you should say that.

Manager was asked about CM, answered saying he'd like to have him back and we were enquiring after that fact.

We then offered our own player a new contract.

Don't really see how poorly we can come out of this? We know we can't have him back straightaway so we've moved to try and secure his services long term. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

So Jokanovic says the medical team couldn't find his injury, then he says he didn't refuse to play. Maybe just maybe one of those is said to act as a negative and one you choose to ignore?

Jokanovic taking the piss out of us ,saying our best striker is playing and scoring for Fulham.never mind fawaz circus,we have the morris circus.

2 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Jokanovic taking the piss out of us ,saying our best striker is playing and scoring for Fulham.never mind fawaz circus,we have the morris circus.

Not Morris's fault - or do you want him telling the manager who he can or can't sign or sell? Pearsons fault.

1 minute ago, swiftur said:

The buck stops at MORRIS, he accepts the praise ,he must shoulder the blame.

In what way is it Mel's fault that he backed Nigel Pearson? You're using hind sight to blame him here. We'd have all slagged him off if he hadn't supported the manager.

5 minutes ago, swiftur said:

The buck stops at MORRIS, he accepts the praise ,he must shoulder the blame.

The only finger we can point is at not writing a recall clause into the agreement (although if a fee was paid I don't think we have that option anyway).

At the time, with the manager in place, it was agreed to get rid. Others are right and Morris would have been criticised for not backing his manager if he'd refused, for interfering in the football matters etc etc. 

Archived