Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

7 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

One difference there is that Fulham stand to lose £1.5m (+ wages) if they stick him in their stiffs until June. West Ham potentially lose out on between £25m and £30m if they followed suit - bit of a difference.

Agreed but it's all relative to be honest as West Ham are loaded with Premiership money. 

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, curtains said:

The ship has sailed mate. 

Martin is stuck at Fulham with the possibility of injuries etc. 

I am resigned to that fact. 

What happens in August is up in the air. 

What ship? The slim chance of him being back in Jan? The SMS Never Was!? 

He could come straight back here tomorrow and get injured in training.

What happens in August will always be up in the air. He could come back tomorrow and someone could bid £20mil for him in August. 

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

After all the excitement of the new contract, nothing has really changed has it 

Kinda...it depends what you want to believe. I mean there was a report from John Percy on Saturday saying Martin was having showdown talks with Fulham. No one has mentioned that since Saturday night. That meeting could be happening right now...at the same time, it could not. 

Nothing Derby have said has meant it would change anything for this season and no one really said it would.  I personally think it's just put Derby in a stronger position come summer, but hey ho anything can happen. As fans we now just have to wait and see.

10 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm quite happy to take TerryR's Nobel prize comment at face value and I wholeheartedly thank him for the lovely compliment.

Terry "they have internet on emirates" R

a lovely humble brag there.

Not quite sure why people bother looking at other clubs forums...it's obvious what they are going to say, it's called a different perspective 

2 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

After all the excitement of the new contract, nothing has really changed has it 

Yes it has, CM is pissing himself earning twice the money he was before if the rumours are true. His future is secured for the next 3.5 years whether he's crap or not, or gets a career ending injury playing for Fulham. Whilst also possibly getting them promoted over us, in which case they could give him an even bigger contract and take him off our hands for a measly £6 mil.

if we are paying his extra wages we are the dumbest club in history and it trumps us loaning out our best striker in decade to our rivals without a recall installed in the contract.

Archived