Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Maybe they will have to pay what they stipulated in the loan contract / permanent deal option. 

Then it's all about wages and contract terms as it always is in transfers .

End if the day it's what Chris Martin decides now as regards the best deal for him .

Either Derby or Fulham in August. 

That is a fair point. I still believe his her at is still with Derby. If he continues to prove his worth then both clubs will be fighting for him anyway so why sign a new contract? Potentially making a move to Fulham that more difficult?

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

That is a fair point. I still believe his her at is still with Derby. If he continues to prove his worth then both clubs will be fighting for him anyway so why sign a new contract? Potentially making a move to Fulham that more difficult?

Ups his terms and conditions and gives him a guarantee either way in law. 

42 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Are you curtains in disguise ? That comment, as clearly stated, was in respect of Martin's statement bigging up both the club and the city. It was also made in response to a hypothetical question posted by curtains asking what if Martin changed his mind and declares he would like to sign for Fulham after all on a permanent basis after signing his contract with us at the weekend. 

You seem to be trying to find something that isn't there, give it up before the rest of the forum die of boredom.

It's your words not mine. If he's a man of his word.

Does anyone believe Martin won't go where the money is? Loyalty and "man of his word" are irrelevant. 

6 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

1. He will have no doubt had a pay increase like all contract extensions [see page 16 on this thread]

2. If he does not sign for Fulham on a more lucrative deal in June then his value will also increase on his return to us.

3. Either way Martin is on a winner.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Maybe they will have to pay what they stipulated in the loan contract / permanent deal option. 

Then it's all about wages and contract terms as it always is in transfers .

End if the day it's what Chris Martin decides now as regards the best deal for him .

Either Derby or Fulham in August. 

What if Fulham don't make the offer and someone else bids for him!?

What if Stevie Mac is sacked and he doesn't want to come back? WHAT IF STEVIE MAC GOES TO FULHAM!? 

This is football, there's more unknowns that could happen between now and the end of the season. Martin signing is a good indicator of where he wants to be, that's all any of us can take it as. You seem to be a bit upset that CM didn't rip his Fulham shirt off and show us a Mt. Rushmore style tattoo of SMC, MM, and SR across his back. Or that he is outright said he will 100% be back in August. 

Between then and now I expect him to be professional at Fulham and do the job he's paid for.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

1. He will have no doubt had a pay increase like all contract extensions [see page 16 on this thread]

2. If he does not sign for Fulham on a more lucrative deal in June then his value will also increase on his return to us.

3. Either way Martin is on a winner.

Yeah - great innit!

4 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

What if Stevie Mac is sacked and he doesn't want to come back? WHAT IF STEVIE MAC GOES TO FULHAM!? 

This is football, there's more unknowns that could happen between now and the end of the season. Martin signing is a good indicator of where he wants to be, that's all any of us can take it as. You seem to be a bit upset that CM didn't rip his Fulham shirt off and show us a Mt. Rushmore style tattoo of SMC, MM, and SR across his back. Or that he is outright said he will 100% be back in August. 

Between then and now I expect him to be professional at Fulham and do the job he's paid for.

Should of done what Payet did if he really was that unhappy at Fulham.

Payet  has his move .

Martin doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

If Fulham don't buy him he returns - the £9 million is only between Fulham and us - nobody else.

Having said that, if another club came sniffing in the summer on his return, I guarantee he would not be sold for £9 million - contract extension sees to that as his value goes up.

Just now, curtains said:

I meant to say Payet. 

Ok Martin is happy at Fulham then .

Which way is it. 

Which way is what exactly? 

I don't remember seeing an attributed, direct quote from Martin saying he was unhappy at Fulham? I've seen him say he looks forward to being back at Derby, which isn't the same. 

I wouldn't want a player who'd pull a Payet anywhere near our squad. Leopards and spots and all that. 

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Should of done what Payet did if he really was that unhappy at Fulham.

Payet  has his move .

Martin doesn't. 

One difference there is that Fulham stand to lose £1.5m (+ wages) if they stick him in their stiffs until June. West Ham potentially lose out on between £25m and £30m if they followed suit - bit of a difference.

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

If Fulham don't buy him he returns - the £9 million is only between Fulham and us - nobody else.

Having said that, if another club came sniffing in the summer on his return, I guarantee he would not be sold for £9 million - contract extension sees to that as his value goes up.

I never said "another club bids £9mil for him". 

Another club could, could, come in with a £15mil, or £10mil, or £9.01mil to be cheeky. Nothing stopping that. 

1 minute ago, mrdave85 said:

Which way is what exactly? 

I don't remember seeing an attributed, direct quote from Martin saying he was unhappy at Fulham? I've seen him say he looks forward to being back at Derby, which isn't the same. 

I wouldn't want a player who'd pull a Payet anywhere near our squad. Leopards and spots and all that. 

Fair enough but he didn't play at Fulham for a while .

Was he injured. 

Just now, mrdave85 said:

I never said "another club bids £9mil for him". 

Another club could, could, come in with a £15mil, or £10mil, or £9.01mil to be cheeky. Nothing stopping that. 

Guess the £9.01m bid would be from Arsenal then?

Just now, curtains said:

Was he injured. 

According to some he was, according to others he was refusing to play. We're not going to have all the answers.

What we do know is - he has agreed a new contract with us, he is a Fulham player until the end of the season.

Everything else is rumour and so many other things could happen between then and now. 

I'm not sure what it it is you want to happen Curtains? 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Was he injured. 

Yes from all accounts now, SJ declared he had never refused to play. But as I previously said today, by him reporting it as fact the damage is already done

4 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

According to some he was, according to others he was refusing to play. We're not going to have all the answers.

What we do know is - he has agreed a new contract with us, he is a Fulham player until the end of the season.

Everything else is rumour and so many other things could happen between then and now. 

I'm not sure what it it is you want to happen Curtains? 

The ship has sailed mate. 

Martin is stuck at Fulham with the possibility of injuries etc. 

I am resigned to that fact. 

What happens in August is up in the air. 

Archived