Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

@curtains I don't get what's made you press the panic button on the Martin situation mate. Yesterday you were happy after hearing he'd signed a new deal and today you're all down in the dumps saying this works better for Fulham.

I'm not pressing the panic button as I'm more indifferent now after today about the situation with Martin .

It is true I was delighted yesterday when he signed an extended contract at Derby but I never for the life of me thought he would turn out for Fulham again and look like he was enjoying it. 

Call me naive or what  .

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

@curtains I don't get what's made you press the panic button on the Martin situation mate. Yesterday you were happy after hearing he'd signed a new deal and today you're all down in the dumps saying this works better for Fulham.

People just want him home, the longer he's there the more people think he's staying there.

46 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'm not pressing the panic button as I'm more indifferent now after today about the situation with Martin .

It is true I was delighted yesterday when he signed an extended contract at Derby but I never for the life of me thought he would turn out for Fulham again and look like he was enjoying it. 

Call me naive or what  .

Somebody better call Chrissy and let him know that he has to look as miserable as possible whilst playing the sport he loves for the remainder of the season. 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yep,looks like he has conceded that Martin will be returning to derby but is confident they have him this season....He also believes they have him for the play offs if they reach them (but what if we both do I wonder?)

1 hour ago, DazaDunn said:

Then it gets interesting.

If super Chrissy Martin isn't back this transfer window & both we & Fulham reach the playoffs, the situation's straightforward. He remains a Fulham player for the duration but league rules prevent him from playing against us.

Fulham will not Make playoffs anyway.

Newc

Reading

Brighton

Leeds

Huddersfield

One other from Sheff W and Rams.

If we sneak in then we have attacking options of Bent, Nugent and Martin. I could see CM on the bench but what a great option to throw on especially in the away leg to tighten things up.

I have resigned myself to the fact that Fulham are playing hardball as Joker sees them as a better side with rather than without and also that he would see the Rams as a stronger unti if he was to return CM.

7 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Fulham will not Make playoffs anyway.

Newc

Reading

Brighton

Leeds

Huddersfield

One other from Sheff W and Rams.

If we sneak in then we have attacking options of Bent, Nugent and Martin. I could see CM on the bench but what a great option to throw on especially in the away leg to tighten things up.

I have resigned myself to the fact that Fulham are playing hardball as Joker sees them as a better side with rather than without and also that he would see the Rams as a stronger unti if he was to return CM.

I think Norwich will have a say - they are rallying 

9 hours ago, curtains said:

He also said  this which some have conveniently overlooked  

"Jokanovic confirmed that, while Fulham retain an option to sign Martin on a permanent deal in the summer, he could also feature for Derby if they reach the play-offs and the Whites miss out."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/martin-play-derby-county-play-offs-boss

Not sure that's true is it though?

I'm quite suprised he's allowed to return to play for us in the play-offs if we make it. Good piece of business in the original contract to help us in those final moments? Not that I think he should start for us, the team who got us there should absolutely take priority and hopefully will.

11 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I'm quite suprised he's allowed to return to play for us in the play-offs if we make it. Good piece of business in the original contract to help us in those final moments? Not that I think he should start for us, the team who got us there should absolutely take priority and hopefully will.

I'm not sure this is the case. Has anyone seen it in writing (rules) from the EFL?

He is getting absolutely slated on their forum, to them he is a lying, moneygrabbing, fat, lazy, overrated waste of money who also missed recent penalties/chances on purpose to derail their play off chances. The way I see it, as i'm sure most of you do, he was forced out by Pearson so went as he didn't see a future at a club which he had done well at, the change of manager and return of Mac was always going to complicate the situation, Mac wants him back, he is only on loan there so there was always a chance he would want to come back. If you ask me Fulham should of stumped the cash upfront and bought him out right. if he does remain there I hope there is a clause where if he is fit he has to play.

To me it is bitterness on their part, correct me if i'm wrong but he has scored 9 in 20 (which is 20+ per season rate) and assisted numerous goals for them. Why wouldn't they want him. Maybe seen as slightly naughty by us but at the same time you have got to lay some blame at their owners.

They look slightly silly, it's like your girlfriend (I say girlfriend as that is like a loan whereas a wife is like a permanent transfer) going back to her ex, declaring her love for him and saying she wants to get back together with him and you still thinking in your head that she loves you and will change her mind.

Come home Chrissy.

Interestingly enough, even Joka says he can it would appear he cant.

53.1.4    A Player whose Standard Loan expires (or terminates) at the end of the Season of the Transferee Club but prior to the completion of the League Matches of his Transferor Club (where it is a Member Club) will not be eligible to play in any remaining League Matches for the Transferor Club in that Season; 

From http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx

14 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

To shay ;) (I would have put the correct spelling but don't know how to access the accent that would go over the e at the end of the word)

What would you do by the way if your job went t*ts up, you went somewhere else then the bloke who made your job go t*ts up got the boot and an old gaffer got in touch asking you to come back because he knew you liked it there and he felt you could do a job for him ? Just asking like. 

You can't support his failure to honour his agreement with Fulham and slate him when he does the same to us?

Just now, GboroRam said:

You can't support his failure to honour his agreement with Fulham and slate him when he does the same to us?

Who's doing that ? I'm not, if we can agree with Fulham to get him back tomorrow, happy days, if Fulham say nothing doing, we wait until the season's end without complaint.

10 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Yep,looks like he has conceded that Martin will be returning to derby but is confident they have him this season....He also believes they have him for the play offs if they reach them (but what if we both do I wonder?)

If we both reach the play offs and if we play each other he doesn't feature the match(es). If we do not play each other then he can play in the match(es).

I was being just a bit thick durrrr. And the new contract makes it just that bit more difficult too.

sounds as if CM is expressing desire to come back but not being mardy. I have a feeling that Fulhams problem is that they genuiney need him and can't find anything even close to CM with the market the way it is.

awaiting with interest the next episode of West Enders over the coming days 

Archived