Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

That means nothing as Fulham have an option to sign him for 9 Million and with a better contract.

Thats what I'm on about. 

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/martin-play-derby-county-play-offs-boss

Yes. I repeat nothing has changed, they've always had that option.

But like ending the loan takes three to tango (and Fulham aren't doing) then signing for them takes three also, and Martin is suggesting (by signing the contract extension and what he said) that isn't going to happen.

However until he returns or Fulham buy him nothing has really changed.

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ossieram said:

But Martin still has to agree, They can't force him to sign because slavery was abolished many moons ago. And I still can't see how you personally have been played by Fulham.

He could easily change his mind if he was offered more money by Fulham and he wanted to stay because his circumstances changed again or if Fulham go up  .

Fulham have an option to sign him permanently at the end of the season and that's why their manager says he doesn't know what will happen. 

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

How can this (from West London article) be misunderstood?

“He’s going to be in better condition and available to help Derby at the beginning of August.

“If they want to use him, I have to send him back at the end of the season.

“Or if Derby finish in the top six and we don’t finish in the top six, he is going to be ready in the second week of May.”

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

How can this (from West London article) be misunderstood?

“He’s going to be in better condition and available to help Derby at the beginning of August.

“If they want to use him, I have to send him back at the end of the season.

“Or if Derby finish in the top six and we don’t finish in the top six, he is going to be ready in the second week of May.”

Then Fulham have the option to buy him after the playoffs 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

He could easily change his mind if he was offered more money by Fulham and he wanted to stay because his circumstances changed again or if Fulham go up  .

Fulham have an option to sign him permanently at the end of the season and that's why their manager says he doesn't know what will happen. 

***** happens, but getting emotional just because something might happen in a few months time is stupid.

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes, correct. Martin holds an effective veto over both clubs.

Who is your annoyance directed at? Chris,  Fulham or DCFC for putting together a deal that gives derby such little leverage?

Mind you, if it's anything like my house,  the one who really holds the aces is Mrs Martin :lol:

I'm wondering if you are capable of seeing the big picture Curtains

It is obvious that Chris wants to return.

Please tell us of the circumstances that you see can change - it would be interesting

Not disagreeing with your view - just would like to see the logic and justification for it 

2 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

BUT MARTIN HAS TO TO ******' AGREE TO THE TRANSFER, WHAT'S SO ******' DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND IN THAT STATEMENT ? 

He could change his mind if his circumstances change .

Promotion by Fulham is quite feasible.

He decides he likes it at Fulham because they offer more than Derby in August ie a better contract  

2 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

I'm wondering if you are capable of seeing the big picture Curtains

It is obvious that Chris wants to return.

Please tell us of the circumstances that you see can change - it would be interesting

Not disagreeing with your view - just would like to see the logic and justification for it 

Promotion by Fulham. 

More money offered by Fulham. 

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

He could change his mind if his circumstances change .

Promotion by Fulham is quite feasible.

He decides he likes it at Fulham because they offer more than Derby in August ie a better contract  

Then if he does he's not a man of his word and he can do one, he's handy when he's in the mood but we've let better players than him go in the past, it really wouldn't be the end of the world. Trust me. 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Of course I am aren't you ! 

Yes. But I'm angry at that tw*t Pearson, he set it up like it is - he had no intention of letting us recall Martin, because he wanted him gone but a permanent deal couldn't be done in time.

Martin is a class act, why on earth would Fulham send him back if he plays and scores for them - I hope they look for a permanent replacement, but I think they don't have time in this window.

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

Then if he does he's not a man of his word and he can do one, he's handy when he's in the mood but but we've let better players than him go in the past, it really wouldn't be the end of the world. Trust me. 

You falling for Jokanovich's head games? What is he to say to appease his own fans?

Archived