Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes. But I'm angry at that tw*t Pearson, he set it up like it is - he had no intention of letting us recall Martin, because he wanted him gone but a permanent deal couldn't be done in time.

Martin is a class act, why on earth would Fulham send him back if he plays and scores for them - I hope they look for a permanent replacement, but I think they don't have time in this window.

That's spot on. In a complex 3 way deal with options and what-ifs it's easy for anger to be misdirected. 

In this case it seems pretty clear that our  (derby fans) ire should only be directed at pearson. Not Fulham,  or their manager, or Chris. 

I'm back I can just not comment on this situation, just to put it out I thought Russell was very good on Friday night although he should of buried that header :ph34r: I think this is all madness I'd love Martin to come back now but surely the way Fulham are acting there is no chance of this happening, so it looks like it will be the end of the season but tbh The Strikers that have got us in this position deserve to be given the rest of the season, I did not expect him to play today but he did and he scored and fair play to him, I think it is crazy that we let him go in the first place! 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You falling for Jokanovich's head games? What is he to say to appease his own fans?

What are you quoting that nonsense at me for ? Curtains asked what would happen if Martin changed his mind and signed for Fulham. 

I clearly responded with if he does do that, he's not a man of his word (after his statement yesterday) and can buggar off as far as I'm concerned. I'd like him back because when he's in the mood he's handy for the team. If it turns out otherwise, **** him, we move on. What has that got to do with falling for Jokanovich's head games ? You've really lost me. 

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

Promotion by Fulham. 

More money offered by Fulham. 

I'd like him to come back, Derby have shown their intention so thats good, yes he might end up staying at Fulham. Its hardly worth getting angry about, we will move on.

Seriously there are far worse positions to be in, we will get the remaining 6 million or whatever if he does stay at Fulham so what have we lost? nothing?

The mistake wasnt yesterday or today, it was at the start of the season, but we cant do anything about that now, at least he went on a loan so we have a fighting chance he might come back.

So you are angry and saying its a terrible position to be in, it could be worse you could support them down the road run by an absolute clown, selling their best players and not replacing them and possibly about to appoint a manager who they did nothing but make fun of for 4 years...perspective.

Just now, EastHertsRam said:

...What has that got to do with falling for Jokanovich's head games ? You've really lost me. 

If Jokanovich said Martin is going to sign why not just say he's making it up?! Why call Martin's character into question?

23 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Then if he does he's not a man of his word and he can do one, he's handy when he's in the mood but we've let better players than him go in the past, it really wouldn't be the end of the world. Trust me. 

Not like he's ever tried to back out of an obligation before, is it?

With Martin playing today and scoring can't see him coming back now until the end of the season. I said at the time he went on loan it was a win win situation for Fulham  due to the following

1 he gets loads of goals for Fulham gets them promoted then they have Aguirred a top striker for a loan fee of reported to be 3 mill

2 he does not score many and comes back to Derby and would be worth less money due to him not performing well

3 if he does well at Fulham then the have an option to buy at an agreed reported 9 mill,

So what have Derby got out of this deal ? Loosing our best striker ? 

Also this deal must have been sanctioned at board level NO RELEASE CLAUSE WTF Sam and Mel not saying a lot 

4 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

Also this deal must have been sanctioned at board level NO RELEASE CLAUSE WTF Sam and Mel not saying a lot 

I imagine if that's so that its just evidence of Mel saying he backs his manager - like with Clement. Why bother with negotiating a recall clause if Pearson is never gonna recall him.

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If Jokanovich said Martin is going to sign why not just say he's making it up?! Why call Martin's character into question?

Because he was extolling the virtues of the the club and the city, should he change his mind it would say to me the club and the city weren't actually as dear to him as he would like us to believe. 

Did I really have to explain that ? .....it's like dealing with curtains all over again. 

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Because he was extolling the virtues of the the club and the city, should he change his mind it would say to me the club and the city weren't actually as dear to him as he would like us to believe. 

Did I really have to explain that ? .....it's like dealing with curtains all over again. 

No you miss the point. You're happy to jump on the 'well yeah of course he'd do something like that', why? Because Jokanovich can easily sow dissent among the hard of thinking Derby fans...he's the one that's been pulling the strings in the media.

20 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Not like he's ever tried to back out of an obligation before, is it?

To shay ;) (I would have put the correct spelling but don't know how to access the accent that would go over the e at the end of the word)

What would you do by the way if your job went t*ts up, you went somewhere else then the bloke who made your job go t*ts up got the boot and an old gaffer got in touch asking you to come back because he knew you liked it there and he felt you could do a job for him ? Just asking like. 

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Just heard Jokanovich saying on Sky Sports News how he understands why we want Martin back, as he is the best striker at Derby (paraphrasing his wonky English) - I presume that's said for the rest of our strikers to be mardy about?!

Well he didn't have to say this did he?

Some on here need to get over Martin as it's clear the Fulham manager is intent on keeping him. For me he can have him for the rest of the season if he wishes and I'll gladly have the 1.5 million of them. If the owner of Fulham is happy to pay 1.5 million for a player who's heart is elsewhere then he's a complete mug.

Just wait until they're on the wrong side of a result and that club will implode.

We still have decent forwards and we all should get over that Martin is not the be all and end all of this football club. 

Let's chill our boots here...

Chris is coming back to us because he wants to be here.his family is here and he loves the club.he especially wants to play under Mac and I think he sees himself here until he retires.he just wants to be settled.

In addition,he just wants to play football without the politics and he will play the best football he can for Fulham until he can return to us.....

He's in a happy place right now,his mind is at ease knowing he is coming home on a long term basis.why shouldn't he enjoy his football at Fulham until then?.

It benefits us that he will return razor sharp and confident,even if it's not until the summer.

We need to have faith in him,in Mac and in the club that Martin is true to his word and is coming back,no ifs or buts.

Let's just relax now,the only thing we now need to know is exactly when he comes back.

I'm easy with this now,we all should be.

Don't let the nasty cynics ruin this for you as they will surely try to...To be so bitter and miserable is a terrible burden on them.

Why are people getting worked up about this its easily summed up except for what happens at the end of the season to me.

1. Derby cannot recall him !

2. Fulham can refuse to pay the next installment so Martin comes home.

3. Martin can keep refusing to play ( wont make him popular and wont keep him match fit )

4.Fact Martin looks as though he has been cup tied on purpose and there going to keep him whatever he does to try and engineer a move back . Fulham stop him playing for us as a promotion contendor to themselves.

Where I think it gets interesting is what happens at the end of the season to there OPTION TO BUY if Martin does want to come back and not play for Fulham. Can they still have the rights over him and force a sale away from us. That's the question that Derby ought to clear up and make clear.

Because how Fulham are putting it over is they can still buy him if they want to at the end of the season and yet might just to spite us. Derby ought to come out and say no matter what happens Chris Martin is back with us at the end of the season . It could yet get even more bizarre with him playing for us in the playoffs should we make it and then Fulham then buying him and selling him straight away thus ensuring he doesn't paly for us.

Things need clearing up here and the club need to speak !!

Personally not bothered whether we get LE SULK back or not but it is interesting I have to admit

Archived