Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, curtains said:

Funny how you are in a minority and your Chairman is reluctant to let him go at 4 Million. 

The Chairman will do what his grandad tells him and that's sell for a profit of £4m in one year. How do you think Dave Whelan amassed his fortune? He's a businessman. 

1 minute ago, Laticman said:

The Chairman will do what his grandad tells him and that's sell for a profit of £4m in one year. How do you think Dave Whelan amassed his fortune? He's a businessman. 

Are you in the relegation zone ! 

Think you might need to wheel and deal mate. 

runs at defenders for fun, bags of pace but more importantly strength so you can't muscle him off the ball, that's why he's so effective and just goes past them with ease. If you're looking for a direct winger or someone who can play on the break he's your man. People think he's expensive because they either don't know him, or see his stats and think they're poor for a striker. Yanic's not a striker, he's a left winger who can play on the right or up top if needed. Easily the best winger we've had since Moses/McManaman.

Another prospective. 

1 minute ago, Laticman said:

Do

Why? Derby aren't a big club. Little Wigan had 8 seasons in the Premier League and won the FA Cup but we have no delusions of grandeur. 

He didn't mean 'not big enough for Derby County' - I'm sick of the 'big club' debate, it makes no odds to me. Does it make you a better fan if you support a big club or not? Do we not support our clubs in the same way regardless of size? Nevertheless, he stated, many others will agree, that Warnock did his time at Derby and moved on. 

We've got to be the only club in the division with four left backs: Forsyth, Lowe, Olsson & Anya. I would put Warnock at the end of that queue, personally. It's not to say he's a bad player, but he's got a lot of competition here. 

You still have Bucko. :(

Just now, Laticman said:

You lot have done bugger all since you sacked Clough 

Clough's highest finish at Derby was 10th.

Our lowest finish post-Clough is eighth - the other two seasons we finished third and fifth. 

I can understand that if you believe only promotion is considered success at this level then we have done nothing. However, I'm not quite sure how you quantify Clough finishing 10th as a success, but two top six finishes isn't. 

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Clough's highest finish at Derby was 10th.

Our lowest finish post-Clough is eighth - the other two seasons we finished third and fifth. 

I can understand that if you believe only promotion is considered success at this level then we have done nothing. However, I'm not quite sure how you quantify Clough finishing 10th as a success, but two top six finishes isn't. 

I thought Brian Clough won the league for you 

4 minutes ago, Laticman said:

I thought Brian Clough won the league for you 

Dave Mackay won us the league as manager after Brian Clough. 

Charlie ,Franny, Bruce ,Henry etc  

You won anything decent yet mate  .

FA Cup I suppose that's decent 

3 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Thinking generally, does anyone have any ideas as to who else would be available at £6m in that position? Struggling to think. I've got a sneaky feeling (total guesswork) that we may bid for McCormack tomorrow. I know he's mainly a striker but has played their for Fulham and Cardiff, and McClaren has tried for him before. Yes he's a bad egg but I've just got a feeling...

Really wouldn't suprise me . I thought it last week when he had his paddy . Could be that game changer we need .

Anyway Rams fans, good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully we will survive to play you next season (if you don't get promoted). A bit of banter is good between fans. I have fond memories of visiting the Baseball Ground in the late 60s and certainly don't have any animosity towards your club. 

Archived