Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Do you really think that? Do you believe last season without Ince we would finish higher than we were? 

I suppose Rowett's theory is we know we have loads of good players who just haven't had the circumstances to show it.

So we sell the players we can get a fee for  quickly and provide the rest of the squad with the conditions to perform.

12 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Wow £10m is great! I'd never have thought Ince would sell for more than Hughes.

How much of that £10m do we need to get Jota? I'm not accepting any other replacement now. I want that Spanish fella and no one else.

£7.5m

16 minutes ago, cannable said:

I suppose Rowett's theory is we know we have loads of good players who just haven't had the circumstances to show it.

So we sell the players we can get a fee for  quickly and provide the rest of the squad with the conditions to perform.

Agree. Maybe weiman, Blackman, butters etc might do better with more opertunity for game time. 

26 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Think that will be the case, unfortunately 

Can't really blame him for wanting a crack at the premier league ASAP, he is 25 now after all.

Assuming he wants to go then we pretty much have to sell - an unhappy Ince around  is not what we need and nor would we see the best of him next season.

£10m is a fair fee, and I wish him nothing but good luck.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Quite confident that if Ince goes, we will still end next season in a higher place in the league, with a higher points tally, and most probably with a higher "goals for" total.  Time will tell. 

There's got to be some way of "bookmarking" this statement. That's a bold claim!

So basically we will have sold our three best players and the spine of the team for the grand sum of £22 million.

Fulham rejected a bid of £20 million from Newcastle for Tom Cairney alone.

Breathtakingly bad business on our part, even when you take into the players' desire to leave and an obvious need to sell.

Let's hope the remaining players in the squad step up or we can broker similarly shrewd deals like we did for Davies and Wisdom.

If we are going to sell Ince for £10 million and Keogh for £4 million, I really don't see us spending millions on players like Jota, Jackson Irvine, Ollie Watkins, and Marc Roberts. After all, that's what it will take to prise such players away from their clubs.

If the deals for Keogh and Ince go through, it's going to take something special to restore optimism amongst the masses, I think.

It's not the fact we are selling our best players, it's those prices! :huh:

I understand the whole 'I don't want Ince to leave but if Rowett bring in a player to fit his style the it'll be worth it' argument, but I don't for one second think we're getting rid of Ince because he doesn't fit Rowett's style.

On the counter, Ince is the best player we have by a country mile. No one else I'd rather have a one on one with a defender or the keeper than Ince, which includes PL 100 club member Darren Bent and two 20 goal a season's strikers in Martin and Vydra. If he could, I reckon Gary would keep him.

I'm open to Rowett utilising the funds to bring in his own new players but let's not pretend that Ince is a misfit. We're getting rid of him to balance the books.

2 minutes ago, admira said:

So far I fail to see how selling our best two players is going to improve our team. 

We were way off challenging by the end last season and now we are even further away. Not happy 

replaced them with martin and thorne for nothing

3 minutes ago, admira said:

So far I fail to see how selling our best two players is going to improve our team. 

We were way off challenging by the end last season and now we are even further away. Not happy 

Don't worry we will get that chap from Peterborough mate.

Archived