Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

How could l know that? But l do know most successful teams are better if constructed as a unit rather than being reliant on one player to occasionally do something brilliant. I would think Rowett is not looking to replace Ince with a direct replacement who can score/assist at the same rate. He is almost certainly going to build a team that all make a better all round contribution

We were reliant on him last season as all are other attackers were dreadful. Our best striker left, our midfield didn't score and our other wingers were just ineffective. I just fail to see anyway where selling our best attacker is a positive move as we're never going to be able to get a player of similar quality for a similar price. 

6 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

We were reliant on him last season as all are other attackers were dreadful. Our best striker left, our midfield didn't score and our other wingers were just ineffective. I just fail to see anyway where selling our best attacker is a positive move as we're never going to be able to get a player of similar quality for a similar price. 

Quite confident that if Ince goes, we will still end next season in a higher place in the league, with a higher points tally, and most probably with a higher "goals for" total.  Time will tell. 

12 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

£10m sounds about right to me. People need to remember he's no longer a young prospect, and struggled last time he played in the PL. He's just had an outstanding season, but he's totally unproven at that level. 

I don't know what some people expect, to be honest.

Scott Hogan. Similar fee, similar age, three ACL injuries, half a good season at this level, plays further forward.

16 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

£10m sounds about right to me. People need to remember he's no longer a young prospect, and struggled last time he played in the PL. He's just had an outstanding season, but he's totally unproven at that level. 

I think partly people see transfers like Burke or Pickford and see them as 'today's market' rather than a horrendous amount of luck.

Burke came about because the buyers were very willing to flaunt a bit of cash whilst Pickford is a rarity as he ticks all the boxes that kinda fee would demand (young, high chance he will become an international regular, proven prem experience, even resale value). What you then have to consider is how many of these boxes the like of Ince and Hughes now have and it doesn't leave us with the best negotiating point.

Tricky one with Ince. Under SMc he thrived, but once Rowett came in he seemed rather anonymous to me.

He had a great season overall but he tailed off towards the end from memory. If we can get £10 million for a player that doesn't look like fitting where we are heading, then fair dues.

Like a few have said, his replacement will be the interesting one, whether it's from inside the club or not.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think partly people see transfers like Burke or Pickford and see them as 'today's market' rather than a horrendous amount of luck.

Burke came about because the buyers were very willing to flaunt a bit of cash whilst Pickford is a rarity as he ticks all the boxes that kinda fee would demand (young, high chance he will become an international regular, proven prem experience, even resale value). What you then have to consider is how many of these boxes the like of Ince and Hughes now have and it doesn't leave us with the best negotiating point.

Exactly. People also forget that Tom is 25 now, not 21. Flopped at Palace and Hull

30 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Exactly. People also forget that Tom is 25 now, not 21. Flopped at Palace and Hull

Thought he was inconsistent at Palace had some good games and some bad, at Hull, the couple of times I saw him play he was at left wing back.

Just now, Srg said:

Depends what the add ons are really, would like to think it's £10m then maybe another chunk if they stop up because £10m is still cheap.

The fan in me says it's cheap

However logic says Matt Ritchie cost "between £10m and £12m" according to most sources - And had a successful Premier League season under his belt

Can we really argue that 12 months later the market has gone so mad that Ince is worth more than Ritchie was last summer?

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Depends what the add ons are really, would like to think it's £10m then maybe another chunk if they stop up because £10m is still cheap.

If they stop up wouldn't be the best clause in the world cos theirs more chance of my legs falling off. 

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Surely the question is whether he's good enough to get us promoted. If and when that's achieved, decisions on whether any of the squad is good enough to staying the PL can be made then.

Archived