George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, swiftur said:

Did we get any insurance money? Barker is still playing.

Covers some of wages for serious injury... doesn't get the £4m back from Thorne though.

Think Eddie is just going for his quips, but I'm not asking him to play for free, just to bear in mind the faith and support we as a club and fan base have always given him with his contract demands.

On 13/07/2017 at 20:25, Steve How Hard? said:

He's missing us already. We should get him back on loan in January. :thumbsup:

He's like the ex girlfriend still trying to be "friends" :D

Getting him back on loan would be that last time 5ex!

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

Wonder how many would let him go on a free next summer,  if he plays less than a dozen games this season

George Thorne is a big question mark for the club. Undoubtedly talented individual, but at the same time so unfortunate with his injuries. Taking into consideration his injuries record (3x major injuries during the last four years), I am starting to question whether he will be able to continue his professional career as a footballer at all; if he doesn't get completely fit by the end of the season by playing competition games.

Which club would want to keep a footballer on its payroll who is constantly injured and absent, I don't think many clubs out there would continue to do so. He has about next 11 months to prove himself he is capable of playing again or he'll be gone for free.

it is a shame as he is a game changer.to be honest though i would give him a run but if niggles are persistant i would move on as a free.we need someone who is avaiable all the time so its maybe he used as standby or moved on.space needed but a god dam shame not for the lack of trying

I'd rather leave it three or four weeks and have him fit for thirty five games than play him before he is ready and risk more long term injuries. 

As far as we know he has suffered no further injuries aside from the hamstring strain ten days ago. Sounds like now we have Huddlestone in Rowett is just playing safe with him. 

11 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Is it just me or does mixing George Thorne with MMA seem the most stupid thing ever?

You'd hope if they are doing anything like this that it's the MMA training regime and not the sparring element they are doing. I doubt they're sending George in with Tyron Woodley. Fookin hope not anyway!!!

Tyron-Woodley-The-Problem-and-the-Soluti

16 hours ago, 86 points said:

You'd hope if they are doing anything like this that it's the MMA training regime and not the sparring element they are doing. I doubt they're sending George in with Tyron Woodley. Fookin hope not anyway!!!

Tyron-Woodley-The-Problem-and-the-Soluti

I'm guessing it was b4 who set up the Blackman v Conner mcgregor bout later that evening then?

18 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

fully expecting an announcement this week ruling him out till Christmas

all very quiet since the '7-10 day minor issue' was reported

hopefully i'm wrong

GR said about easing him back in and changing his training accordingly. Not that he'd be back in 7-10 days.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

GR said about easing him back in and changing his training accordingly. Not that he'd be back in 7-10 days.

Actually I think it was both. First they said it was minor and would be out for 7-10 days then they said they would ease him back into games which is sensible now we have Hudds.

14 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Actually I think it was both. First they said it was minor and would be out for 7-10 days then they said they would ease him back into games which is sensible now we have Hudds.

Yeah if you want, the reassessing his preseason training was after the first comment, which was probably just made based on 'normal' players hammy tweeks.

1 hour ago, DerbyRevolution said:

fully expecting an announcement this week ruling him out till Christmas

all very quiet since the '7-10 day minor issue' was reported

hopefully i'm wrong

He's still training. Been pictured with the squad, looks like there's no real issues and it was indeed just a 7-10 day common, minor issue.

Rowett has already said he will be eased in to ensure we don't lose him again by rushing him back and Huddlestone more than helps with this. 

Calm down, he might not be ready for the first game but if he's training he'll be ready long before Christmas.

Every time there's a set back there's always a couple on here saying he'll never play again. People have been saying it since the summer of 2014. Same people who think having your leg broken by some clogger from Ipswich is being 'injury prone'. Also the same people who'd ruin their briefs if we were linked with Alan Judge despite him being out for the year with the same injury. 

What's the logic here, seriously?

He's recovered from his broken leg and was fit to train, but now he's tweaked his hamstrings and that's going to be the one that pushes him over the edge?

Give me a break.

Archived