George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

GR NOT  expecting him to play in the first game of the season!

He added: "It's a difficult one with him because he's coming back from such a long-term injury , we have to be a tiny bit more patient with him and to not expect, because he's such a good player, that he's going to be out there first game of the season."

Slightly misleading, that quote cuts off the sentence before it was complete:

"...maybe we have to be a tiny bit more patient with him and to not expect, because he's such a good player, that he's going to be out there first game of the season and saunter through without any problems"

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Slightly misleading, that quote cuts off the sentence before it was complete:

"...maybe we have to be a tiny bit more patient with him and to not expect, because he's such a good player, that he's going to be out there first game of the season and saunter through without any problems"

This is the full text- Do you mean the the DT have edited what was said to suit their story ? 

Derby County midfielder George Thorne has picked up a slight hamstring injury and pulled out of one of the clubs training sessions, confirms manager Gary Rowett.

Speaking at the Rams' pre-season training camp in Tenerife, Rowett told RamsTV: "George pulled out a couple of days ago with a tight hamstring."

He added: "It's a difficult one with him because he's coming back from such a long-term injury , we have to be a tiny bit more patient with him and to not expect, because he's such a good player, that he's going to be out there first game of the season."

Thorne did not play a single game for Derby last season due to a fractured leg, but Rowett remains optimistic that the injury isn't too serious.

"It's only a grade one hamstring, so we hope he'll be back in seven to ten days.

"He's probably jumped into the intense training sessions, which we wanted him to try to do, so now we just build it up a bit more slowly with him."

The Rams are flying back today, and are due to report back for training at Moor Farm on Monday, before the first friendly takes place at Kidderminster Harriers on Tuesday July 11.

Was going to happen anyway, he'll be fine and ready for 1st game. Exactly what he did last time and played 34 league games(I think) which was really good for Thorney so it'd be brilliant if he manage to play same amount. 

13 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

This is the full text- Do you mean the the DT have edited what was said to suit their story ?

They've not given the full quote, but I doubt there was any malicious intent from the author in not doing so.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/07/rowett-reviews-derbys-week-in-tenerife

See the video at the 2 minute mark

On 7/8/2017 at 12:52, Coconut said:

They've not given the full quote, but I doubt there was any malicious intent from the author in not doing so.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/07/rowett-reviews-derbys-week-in-tenerife

See the video at the 2 minute mark

I worry about it a little that ANYONE thought it would be a good idea for Thorne to be straight back into the same as the others - Rowett says they're all on double sessions at the moment - Which for someone who hasn't played for 15 (?) months is surely a bad idea 

Kelle Roos' Instagram post suggests Thorne may already be back. In his training gear with the squad doing some MMA... if he was actually taking part then I think the hamstring problem must've been very, very minor.IMG_4589.thumb.PNG.f6cc2fa7347f9ec3d8d4739b9f58f9bf.PNG

12 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Kelle Roos' Instagram post suggests Thorne may already be back. In his training gear with the squad doing some MMA... if he was actually taking part then I think the hamstring problem must've been very, very minor.IMG_4589.thumb.PNG.f6cc2fa7347f9ec3d8d4739b9f58f9bf.PNG

Wouldn't wanna be against wisdom in there

4 hours ago, Kernow said:

Fuks sake Gary what you doing having our best player risk his very delicate anterior tentacles grappling around at Brazillian Ju Jitsu?!! 

Liked by wjhughes19? If you want a like from wjparsnip19 lets see George having a nice preseason warm up game of lawn bowls.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Fuks sake Gary what you doing having our best player risk his very delicate anterior tentacles grappling around at Brazillian Ju Jitsu?!! 

Liked by wjhughes19? If you want a like from wjparsnip19 lets see George having a nice preseason warm up game of lawn bowls.

Just what GT needs in't it!!

A bit of MMA:o:huh:...:pinch:.

I can't find the right face...?

On 7/8/2017 at 11:11, Topram said:

Made of glass get new CDM or going nowhere 

I literally facepalmed reading this - the tackle (more like assault, really) that snapped his leg would have done the same to pretty much anyone unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end. Hams and groins are prone to tweaks after long injuries, in fact I'd be amazed if he didn't have one or two niggles coming back after such a long break.  He's also our best player by a country mile and should he stay fit I'd wager we are almost certain to be up there in the play-off slots.

Apart from all of that though, your post makes perfect sense :thumbsup:

Archived