Derby County vs Notts Forest - matchday thread.

Rev

Henri Lansbury - cockwomble or not?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

They were probably thinking they would bring on Lansbury for final 20 if they need an equaliser. When we quickly banged in the 2nd and 3rd they realised it was all over.

They couldn't have brought Lansbury on. He was named as a starter then got injured. Making him unavailable for use.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Rampage said:

Derby are keeping their shape incredibly well. No wonder it is difficult to score against us. Pearce is developing into a sort of Mark Wright at this level. Does anyone in the team want to play for the Rams any more than Pearce, only Keogh.

What in the world must Nigel Pearson think now?

You are so right on Pearce. He's gotten so good its ridiculous. Then Keogh and him just pumping fists at the stands 5 minutes after the game is over. These two are going to carry us up the league on the backs of their hearts alone!

10 hours ago, MrsRam said:

Ben Osborn ‏@OsbornOn1  4h4 hours ago

Poor display this afternoon. I personally got caught up in the heat of the moment. First and last time you'll see that behaviour from me.

If he keeps his word here, I think this is admirable. The easy thing to do would be to keep your mouth shut and hope everyone forgets about your embarrassing behaviour.

14 minutes ago, Anon said:

If he keeps his word here, I think this is admirable. The easy thing to do would be to keep your mouth shut and hope everyone forgets about your embarrassing behaviour.

or insist he was punched and you can't see it on the video because it's the wrong angle. Fair do's to the lad, he said the right thing and owned up to acting like a cockwomble.

44 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You are so right on Pearce. He's gotten so good its ridiculous. Then Keogh and him just pumping fists at the stands 5 minutes after the game is over. These two are going to carry us up the league on the backs of their hearts alone!

Wish I could have been there to see this. Sadly we had to leave 10 minutes from the end which I don't like doing but my kid had to be in Bakewell for 3 so the only way we could get to the game and get her to Bakewell in time was to slink off early and miss all the traffic.

Sorry all! :(

Good job as it happened as two cars collided on the Sainsburys junction just after Toys R Us partially blocking the road. It was already beginning to cause hold ups as we managed to squeeze past.

One for the leave early / stay to the end debate but on this occasion I really had no option. It was either that or not to make the trip down to Derby in the first place.

I was just glad the Rams were out of sight at the time.

Just going through the Notts Post site trying to find Fatty Burns' column (not there yet), and I came across these rather strange comments regarding Ince commenting on Lansbury's injury.  I've highlighted the stupidest bits - 

andrew20102  |  December 11 2016, 10:32PM

As a Derby fan, Ince is a luxury. Not a team player. He plays well when the dice is in his favour, as it was in the 2nd half as unfortunately for Forest, most of their team disappeared down the big hole in the middle of the pitch, hiding. I hope Ince plays to his capacity over the next few weeks, then we sell him in the transfer window. But that won't happen - he is one of McClaren's favourites and his dad watches his son at every game. When Ince is poor, he is very poor, and I would much rather see the likes of Weimann and Anya on the pitch for their more honest endeavours.

Sincethe70s  |  December 11 2016, 7:20PM

Yeah right! You would have loved to have been named as player of the month but you lost out to someone who is a consistently better player. Celebrating your goal in front of the Forest fans was childish and pathetic. As for exciting the Derby fans- read the Derby Telegraph son- a lot of them want to see the back of you.

Suffice to say I believe both these chaps to be cretins...

Just in case later down the line someone tells me I forgot to do it.

Cracking little performance, Forest were never really in it. For the Mac to have Derby back in the play off frame after such a short space of time is nothing short of miraculous.

The turn around has been spectacular, the players look like they're rejuvenated and look like they've gone back to believing in themselves and each other.

It would be strange if THIS is the season you go up after all of the early turmoil but one thing is for sure. Mac has come back and re-established the side as a force to be reckoned with.

Something I didn't think he was capable of.

Happy to have been proven wrong. Happy for Derby fans that you're all smiling again. Still don't/won't/can't like Sam Rush though :-)

Not read the entire thread, but I must mention one player who seems to have been overlooked..

Marcus Olsson. Thought he looked inspired, much better than his performance against Wigan.

That said, there wasn't anyone below a 7 in my opinion. Midfield totally dominant, Ince dangerous, back four solid.

Mac seems to have learnt. No point chasing extra goals, shut up shop, don't leave ourselves exposed.

You know what? It must be lovely to be at work or just living in the East Mids this morning, what with all the potential banter with the disappointed, second-best, losers around you. For me, I've got sheep practising for Christmas (they've got the 'baaa' bit perfected, but just need to learn 'humbug' over the coming days) and the odd Leeds supporter, who at least has to look up the table to find the mighty Rams this morning!

38 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not read the entire thread, but I must mention one player who seems to have been overlooked..

Marcus Olsson. Thought he looked inspired, much better than his performance against Wigan.

That said, there wasn't anyone below a 7 in my opinion. Midfield totally dominant, Ince dangerous, back four solid.

Mac seems to have learnt. No point chasing extra goals, shut up shop, don't leave ourselves exposed.

I wouldn't say he was inspired. Certainly had a good game (but, as you say, everyone did). Baird should get a shout for MOM. OK, he's not going to do much overlapping but that's partly because he knows his limitations and because of the relationship with Ince he doesn't have to. 

2 hours ago, Anon said:

You're right but it's too soon to be nice. Got at least a month of mocking to get on with?

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I wouldn't say he was inspired. Certainly had a good game (but, as you say, everyone did). Baird should get a shout for MOM. OK, he's not going to do much overlapping but that's partly because he knows his limitations and because of the relationship with Ince he doesn't have to. 

I actually think that Baird is undroppable, even with a fully fit Christie. Oozes experience and class, building up a good rapport with Incey.

Archived