Derby County vs Notts Forest - matchday thread.

Rev

Henri Lansbury - cockwomble or not?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant believe the Nottingham post refers to it as an x rated challenge. I haven't seen it again but looked 50/50 to me. Also don't really understand the ref playing advantage when we clearly were not in possession of the ball.

My thoughts are.

Bent left his leg trailing and it was caught .. I suspect he meant it to be caught .. It wasn't fair play, it was crafty .. It was borderline in my moral code. Definitely NOT a penalty and not a real offence but am open minded as to whether it was clear cheating. Practically speaking he fell over when his leg was caught but it was his own fault so no foul .. Stay on your feet 

when he allegedly "went through" whoever it was ... He didn't .. Two players at full stretch going for it. In technical terms it might have been a free kick but to make a book able offence" out of it is limp in the extreme, one foot was in contact with the ground, it wasn't reckless.  

One comment I read on the Forest forum just after ther game (there are some surprisingly rational ones) suggested that the cards given to Bent and Perquis, only a couple of minutes after the Johnson/Osborn incident, were a bit soft (handbags, I think he said,) probably the ref trying make sure things didn't get out of hand.

Having done that, he made it hard for himself because if he had then yellow-carded Bent (again) he would have been off the pitch, hence giving him the benefit of any doubt.

Apart from 1 or 2 loud-mouths, most of those following the game via the forum, didn't seem particularly upset about it. Most of their vitriol, second half, seemed to be directed at the manager playing the wrong subs, in wrong positions, in the wrong system, with the wrong owner responsible for having the wrong squad.

Later postings suggested that the reason their squad is so naff is all McLarens fault.

Archived