Derby County vs Notts Forest - matchday thread.

Rev

Henri Lansbury - cockwomble or not?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's been a little too much focus on how bad Forest were. Yes, they were missing a few important players, but this is a team that is still sitting 8th in the Championship form table and came into yesterday's game on the back of three straight wins. Forest looked bad because we made them look bad, not because they're inherently useless.

Well done to the officials too. Osborn's theatrics could've easily fooled them into issuing a red if they played to the occasion.

6 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Can't stop watching the Ince goal.

Hadn't noticed it before - but you can just see Ince anticipate Lichaj sliding in, taking a step to his right. If Lichaj gets a toe on it, Ince would still collect the ball.

There a man who knows his football. Well spotted.

notice the cover centre half (manciene, who later gets his pants pulled down by Ince) also takes a couple of steps thinking he might be able to reach the pass, then realises he won't get there. He is back peddling and twisting his own blood from that moment on.

I think Osborne was lucky to stay on the pitch. Both the foul on Johnson and the amateur dramatics that followed were worthy of individual yellow cards. 

BTW, the early nominations are in for the Oscar's. 

Best actor - Landsbury

Best supporting actor - Osborne

Very forward thinking from forest though, to have an understudy ready to step in, if  the lead actor is taken ill. 

A bit of karma as well, I wonder if Osborne hadn't tried to keep the ball in, we would have given the ball back to their keeper. 

15 hours ago, Pottig said:

Guy at work is a Forest fan who was confident they'd beat us given their "brilliant form". Can't wait to go in tomorrow.

I work in gumpland, and today is wonderful. I haven't said a word.

16 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

As for Osborn playing for red dogs, if that's his route to a professional career then who can blame him.

but to behave as he did today he brought shame on himself his family and his club. The most disgraceful act ever at pride park in its near 20 year history! You get freedom of the City of you're successful, he should be barred from the city of Derby forever!

CHEAT!

He was born in derby, his dad who was a rams fan at the time, saw him playing some neat football as he grew up, but also saw that he was a bit soppy, so as a derby fan got him to play for florist saying ' You play neat football son, but we cant have you doing those soppy antics in a Derby shirt can we '...@ITK

4 minutes ago, nfb said:

He was born in derby, his dad who was a rams fan at the time, saw him playing some neat football as he grew up, but also saw that he was a bit soppy, so as a derby fan got him to play for florist saying ' You play neat football son, but we cant have you doing those soppy antics in a Derby **** can we'...@ITK

Campys dad never turned did he?

7 minutes ago, nfb said:

He was born in derby, his dad who was a rams fan at the time, saw him playing some neat football as he grew up, but also saw that he was a bit soppy, so as a derby fan got him to play for florist saying ' You play neat football son, but we cant have you doing those soppy antics in a Derby shirt can we '...@ITK

You can imagine the lad growing up thinking to himself that he will one day play at Pride Park and have Rams fans chanting his name. Probably didn't turn out the way he was expecting.

In all seriousness?

Would anyone take Ben Osbourne to sit on our bench and be an option going forward?

If he was at a club like Rotherham then he would only cost us like £1m but cause he is at our rivals it'll probably take £4-5m and he isn't worth that.

I would take him as cover for a midfielder.

19 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

In all seriousness?

Would anyone take Ben Osbourne to sit on our bench and be an option going forward?

If he was at a club like Rotherham then he would only cost us like £1m but cause he is at our rivals it'll probably take £4-5m and he isn't worth that.

I would take him as cover for a midfielder.

In all seriousness, u say an eventual price, then say he isn't worth it,  then say you'd take him... It is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma;

Osbourne is a fantastic little player. His antics on Sunday, although laughable, won't change that fact.

he is tidy in possession, has a good work rate, has good movement on and off the ball, scores and creates goals and looks to be a player who will play at a higher level.

him and cash looked the only 2 players in a forest shirt who could maintain and form of possession and had good technique. It's gives them some hope that their academy seems to be doing things the right way in producing footballers rather than athletes and big strong boys.

rivalry aside, Rams tinted specs off and bias put to one side I would have both of those players at Derby in a heartbeat.

so many of their players on Sunday looked like they couldn't pass the ball. Bloke behind me on Sunday was screaming at our players to press and close down. What's the point I said, let them have the ball, they will give it straight back to us in a out three passes time.

they can talk about our big fees we paid for Ince, Butterfield, Johnson, Weimann, vydra and so on, but I imagine some of their free transfers are on decent wages, many which would rival our squad players if compared side by side.

forest are no mugs, their performance was good in 10 minute patches and the cash chance was a big one for them. We held them at arm length and have a granite chin at the back. They will be a different animal in the home game so let's not get carried away too much.

we did stuff them though.

Archived