Derby County vs Notts Forest - matchday thread.

Rev

Henri Lansbury - cockwomble or not?  

259 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

I see @Tony Le Mesmeris getting some stick on their forum.. :lol:

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45502

I saw this, one forest fan has spent a lot of time on our forum it would seem.

From what i can tell they seem to have the best fans in the world. Fantastic consistant crowds, and bringing up the mid 80's as a reference point for when our crowds were bad, i know they live in the past but its a bid crazy considering football is a totally different beast these days with more families going. I would point to the fact that even in the darkest days of bargains and just escaping relegation in 2000's we still had crowds in excess of 20k regularly.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

From what i can tell they seem to have the best fans in the world. Fantastic consistant crowds, and bringing up the mid 80's as a reference point for when our crowds were bad, i know they live in the past but its a bid crazy considering football is a totally different beast these days with more families going. I would point to the fact that even in the darkest days of bargains and just escaping relegation in 2000's we still had crowds in excess of 20k regularly.

Ah bless, they are so sad at the moment.

107055f.jpg

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I had a look as well and saw this post, he was laughing at our 1985 average of just under 11,000 when we spent most of the season in the lower half of the third division. He didn't mention that the mighty reds who had recently won some cup twice and were in the top half of the first division only averaged about 5000 more. 

Football was in a bad place those days and that's coming from someone who had a season ticket then. BTW, I've still got one.

Mentioned it already, but the moaning about Bent not being sent off is still ongoing, the playbshould have been brought back before Bent's challenge for the foul on Russell by Lam, the ref was playing advantage, and as soon as Bent didn't get control of the ball it should've been pulled back, making Bent's challenge null and void. 

Hopefully @Mafiabob can confirm that being an ex-ref.

8 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Don't really understand all this "and they say it's our cup final" nonsense. Surely, obviously, blatantly, it's both our cup finals as we both see it as the biggest game of the season. 

Was exactly the same when roles were reversed a few years ago. Of course its a bit game between local rivles. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Mentioned it already, but the moaning about Bent not being sent off is still ongoing, the playbshould have been brought back before Bent's challenge for the foul on Russell by Lam, the ref was playing advantage, and as soon as Bent didn't get control of the ball it should've been pulled back, making Bent's challenge null and void. 

All about phases of play..... think the ref just about made the right call..... tough one 

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

All about phases of play..... think the ref just about made the right call..... tough one 

There was about a second between giving advantage to us and Bent making the tackle. Got a couple of screen grabs from the ref putting hia arms up and Bent's challenge.

Screenshot_20161214_131442.png

Screenshot_20161214_131603.png

27 minutes ago, rynny said:

There was about a second between giving advantage to us and Bent making the tackle. Got a couple of screen grabs from the ref putting hia arms up and Bent's challenge.

Screenshot_20161214_131442.png

Screenshot_20161214_131603.png

Like I say, it was a tricky call for the ref..... just think he got it about right. 

13 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Have to say I agree with this. I was particularly impressed by how he dealt with the Osborn Johnson moment. Stopped the nonsense without spoiling the game.

He was also well aware of the very recent rescinded red cards after Forest players had deliberately got opposing players sent off and didn't want to be the next ref embarrassed by this cheating

49 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Like I say, it was a tricky call for the ref..... just think he got it about right. 

Agree with the tricky call, I was calling to bring back straight away before the challenge, could see that Bent didn't get the ball. Thought it was odd that he was gave advantage to us then gave them a free kick a second later, hence why I asked your thoughts.

Agreed he did have a good game and cant remember anything other than that where I thought he got wrong.

Saying that, there was a handball by Mills from Ince's cross right before the corner right on half time that could not be seen by any official it was an impossible angle for them and wouldn't have disagreed if Mills was booked, he did what Shackell does, in the refs ear all game, trying to ref it for him, was constantly there at the ref everytime the whistle blew.

3 hours ago, rynny said:

This can't be the case, otherwise as soon as the ref plays advantage, but then pulls play back as no advantage as occurred. The innocent player could punch the other player and claim its null and void. You are responsible as a player for your actions on and off the pitch at all times.

17 minutes ago, rynny said:

Agree with the tricky call, I was calling to bring back straight away before the challenge, could see that Bent didn't get the ball. Thought it was odd that he was gave advantage to us then gave them a free kick a second later, hence why I asked your thoughts.

Agreed he did have a good game and cant remember anything other than that where I thought he got wrong.

Saying that, there was a handball by Mills from Ince's cross right before the corner right on half time that could not be seen by any official it was an impossible angle for them and wouldn't have disagreed if Mills was booked, he did what Shackell does, in the refs ear all game, trying to ref it for him, was constantly there at the ref everytime the whistle blew.

It's swings and roundabouts......refs make mistakes, players and managers do too 

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

It's swings and roundabouts......refs make mistakes, players and managers do too 

So true .. And I would be the first to forgive refs .. What I really dislike is players who blatantly set out con refs. Don't care who they are. Even if it's a ram Succeeding in getting a pen ... I isn't blooming right.

( I confess to being OCD about this so if I bang on too much about it then I'm sorry for being boring ! ) 

25 minutes ago, Doodle said:

This can't be the case, otherwise as soon as the ref plays advantage, but then pulls play back as no advantage as occurred. The innocent player could punch the other player and claim its null and void. You are responsible as a player for your actions on and off the pitch at all times.

Because that is exactly the same as a mistimed challenge isn't it.

20 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Totally agree, and I'm not calling the ref or saying he made a mistake, just my view at the time and reaffirmed when watching the game again.

Archived