Will Hughes turns down contract offer?

Cam the Ram

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I was referring to those giving him hammer. And those booing him etc at games. 

Saying he has had a bad game is a bit different from saying "ffs not Johnson again, get shut of him stealing a wage" and other comments with worse words used.

Fair point and I agree. I was talking about reasonable criticism. 

10 minutes ago, Hector was the best said:

Seem to remember a super chip over defenders to enable bent to score that fabulous goal ;) 

Please get off his back

People have their favourites - and in keeping with this facebook era, people have their unfavourites.

This threads just reminded me that Nigel Pearson played JACOB BUTTERFIELD on the WING. That was probably the second most infuriating decision he made behind the big fat obvious one smashing in goals for Fulham.

In what world is Butterfield a winger, I don't think he has a single quality you'd want in a winger. 

Is he quick? No, if anything he's slow for a centre mid, let alone a winger.

Great delivery? Not really, but he's got great short passing and shooting.

So he's got great shooting? Well yes, but as Nigel Pearson's Derby, shooting is the last thing we're worrying about.

I think what really pissed me off about it was his logic behind it. For starters, he'd shipped out Martin to bring in Vydra and Anya because we needed more pace, and was famous for having pacey wingers in his Leicester team. So why on earth did he have Butterfield out there?

Because he thought we were being overrun in midfield so needed someone to drop in there and help out...

WELL PLAY WITH THREE IN MIDFIELD THEN NIGEL, IF THATS SUCH A BIG ******* PROBLEM, JESUS CHRIST MAN WHAT ARE YOU ******* DENSE

Hate him.

Anyway, yeah, Ninos, Butterfield still has great stats despite being chucked out on the wing in a dire team. He's a top class player in this league, he's been fantastic this term even without his usual supply of goals (which will come soon enough).

54 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

This threads just reminded me that Nigel Pearson played JACOB BUTTERFIELD on the WING. That was probably the second most infuriating decision he made behind the big fat obvious one smashing in goals for Fulham.

In what world is Butterfield a winger, I don't think he has a single quality you'd want in a winger. 

So he's got great shooting? Well yes, but as Nigel Pearson's Derby, shooting is the last thing we're worrying about.

I think what really pissed me off about it was his logic behind it. For starters, he'd shipped out Martin to bring in Vydra and Anya because we needed more pace, and was famous for having pacey wingers in his Leicester team. So why on earth did he have Butterfield out there?

Because he thought we were being overrun in midfield so needed someone to drop in there and help out...

WELL PLAY WITH THREE IN MIDFIELD THEN NIGEL, IF THATS SUCH A BIG ******* PROBLEM, JESUS CHRIST MAN WHAT ARE YOU ******* DENSE

Hate him.

Anyway, yeah, Ninos, Butterfield still has great stats despite being chucked out on the wing in a dire team. He's a top class player in this league, he's been fantastic this term even without his usual supply of goals (which will come soon enough).

Big, fat...the Martin haters will like that.

With regards to playing him on the wing, I could see Butters in a similar role to what Dawkins had but only in Mac's team, not lego head's.

2 hours ago, Hector was the best said:

Seem to remember a super chip over defenders to enable bent to score that fabulous goal ;) 

Please get off his back

Not really on his back there, is he? Just pointing out some home truths. 

I'm in the same boat as Ambitious, our Will needs to push on to that next level. That might mean he won't be "our Will" anymore but eventually that'll have to be the case if we don't get promoted soon. I want him to improve and fulfil that potential that we all have banged on about for the last 5 years.

2 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hate him.

Now do a rant about Bryson at holding midfield!

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Hate him.

Last paragraph is absurd. Not top class and not fantastic thus term at all. Never did understand Butterfield as a winger either. Very odd that one. 

2 hours ago, cannable said:

Also, to add on to that Butters rant - not only was he a winger, he was also being asked to drift inside into… a Pirlo type controlling role? 

And I got laughed at for saying I could have managed us better than Pearson!

Any managing at all would have been better!!!!

According to the stats hughes has two assists this season. Well he had two in one game against wolves, should have been three but vydra missed a sitter. Then there was the norwich game , passed to Johnson. Maybe he's had more than three I can't remember every game. Anyway it's more than two. 

27 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

According to the stats hughes has two assists this season. Well he had two in one game against wolves, should have been three but vydra missed a sitter. Then there was the norwich game , passed to Johnson. Maybe he's had more than three I can't remember every game. Anyway it's more than two. 

One against Preston as well

18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Just so we are clear Hughes did not pass the ball to Johnson against Norwich. He got tackled and it dropped to Johnson. Not one for being a pedant usually but how people in this thread see that as an assist is beyond me.

I disagree, he passed the ball to Johnson just as he was being tackled.

Archived