Will Hughes turns down contract offer?

Cam the Ram

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Did he actually say it will be sorted soon? Either way Hughes should be the best paid player in the squad by a country mile. 

Mac said it to DET. 

On 28/12/2016 at 10:48, Alpha said:

Chances created

Ince - 30

Hughes - 27

Butterfield - 21

Russell - 12

-------

Pass accuracy

Butterfield 85% of which 71% were forward

Hughes 83% of which 71% were forward

Bryson 82% of which 69% were forward

Its a good stat that... especially the chances created by russell 

39 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Its a good stat that... especially the chances created by russell 

I understand why people think Butters goes backwards a lot

Because he does. Because he has lots and lots of the ball. But he goes forward the same % as Hughes. 

I didn't put Russell in to show how bad he is. Just to show that Butterfield is one of our more creative players by some distance

I know stats are far from conclusive proof but just trying to show that although Butters does go sideways and backwards a lot, he goes forward as much as Hughes. He creates more than everyone but Ince and Hughes. Many of us see that with our eyes but a few choose to ignore it. Why? No idea. But I imagine when Butters picks the ball up they're thinking "watch him go backwards" but when Hughes gets it they don't think anything at all. They just look to see what options he has. 

Once you start focusing on a player like that then you'll see what you want to see

What can you do but bring stats out? Certainly won't convince them with a debate

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I understand why people think Butters goes backwards a lot

Because he does. Because he has lots and lots of the ball. But he goes forward the same % as Hughes. 

I didn't put Russell in to show how bad he is. Just to show that Butterfield is one of our more creative players by some distance

I know stats are far from conclusive proof but just trying to show that although Butters does go sideways and backwards a lot, he goes forward as much as Hughes. He creates more than everyone but Ince and Hughes. Many of us see that with our eyes but a few choose to ignore it. Why? No idea. But I imagine when Butters picks the ball up they're thinking "watch him go backwards" but when Hughes gets it they don't think anything at all. They just look to see what options he has. 

Once you start focusing on a player like that then you'll see what you want to see

What can you do but bring stats out? Certainly won't convince them with a debate

Confirmation bias, same happens with Ince and a few others. 

Archived