Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by Day

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

10 minutes ago, David said:

Just wanted to jump in on this as I couldn't agree more. See it far too often not just on this forum, social media and even down the pub, fans using past experience or years of watching football to justify their opinion. You can be an ex England international with 500 caps, sat on a Mexican beach watching through a black and white tv with a coat hanger as an aerial or a Eddie that saw Steve Bloomers debut, doesn't make a difference and that's the beauty of football, even these expert pundits on TV don't agree with each other all the time.

Also nothing grates on me more than the your opinion doesn't count as you watch on TV, what absolute rubbish. I'm a season ticket holder, South lower, I have a good view of the game, love going, the atmosphere, completely different experience than watching on TV......but the flag goes up for offside down the North end there is no way on earth will I know if that was the right call or not, did Hughes get a touch on the ball or just the player, impossible to see and this would apply to many that are sat level, below me and other ends of the ground. West and East, level with the halfway line is the best you will get, why they come at a premium.

Go for a piss, turn to a mate to ask what the bloke said behind and you've missed a foul, you've missed a turn, a pass, did the ball cross the line you have the beauty of the Sky camera angles, rewind, pause, replays to fall back on. You don't have that camera angle looking down replaying the movement of Bent as you sat there fully focused on Hughes making the pass. 

Truth is there is pros and cons for watching football on TV or in the ground but neither give one opinion more weight than another.  

Usually the ones that shout the loudest but did you go to the game bro that have the strongest opinions on a player that they could only have possibly seen a handful of times live themselves without a TV.

Football can be enjoyed in many formats, not one is perfect or looked down upon.

5pm ranting and raving how **** we've played after an away game that wasn't on TV is a different matter as you are forming an opinion on what 2 blokes with their own opinions are seeing. How often have you sat with a mate and disagreed with what you're seeing?

Sorry Cheron, not all aimed at you, just struck a chord close to my heart that had already been twanged by Daz earlier.

IMG_1845.JPG

That's you that is.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, David said:

Sorry Cheron, not all aimed at you, just struck a chord close to my heart that had already been twanged by Daz earlier.

I see a 'like' from you as a legitimisation of my contributions to the forum so no need to apologise :D

I'm hugely and always will think that one opinion is worth exactly one opinion... Nothing anywhere that anyone does makes their opinion any more valid than anyone else... You can have a better informed opinion about a subject but it's no more valid and the thing I've always loved about this forum is the melting pot of thought on the same topics here...

And as someone who only played until 16 at a grass roots (no pun intended) and mostly engaged with football from the stands I think it's interesting to get the viewpoint of Daz who's view on the game has been initially shaped from pitch level...

6 minutes ago, Boycie said:

IMG_1845.JPG

That's you that is.

I'm here and if anyone can call an offside decision at the other end or not from here I'm calling BS, did the ball cross the line? I have no idea but I'll boo the ref so he thinks he got it wrong then admit he was right when I get home and see the replays on TV

IMG_0272.JPG

3 minutes ago, David said:

I'm here and if anyone can call an offside decision at the other end or not from here I'm calling BS, did the ball cross the line? I have no idea but I'll boo the ref so he thinks he got it wrong then admit he was right when I get home and see the replays on TV

IMG_0272.JPG

Show me a picture after 79mins.?

The bungie on the armchair is very strong.

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Show me a picture after 79mins.?

The bungie on the armchair is very strong.

Here, recorded this one last season v Forest in different seats broke my no phones out after kick off rule in a lame attempt to get some YouTube views. Realised after I looked a right knob but 3k+ views man, come on.....worth it right?.....ok maybe not.

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

I see a 'like' from you as a legitimisation of my contributions to the forum so no need to apologise :D

I'm hugely and always will think that one opinion is worth exactly one opinion... Nothing anywhere that anyone does makes their opinion any more valid than anyone else... You can have a better informed opinion about a subject but it's no more valid and the thing I've always loved about this forum is the melting pot of thought on the same topics here...

And as someone who only played until 16 at a grass roots (no pun intended) and mostly engaged with football from the stands I think it's interesting to get the viewpoint of Daz who's view on the game has been initially shaped from pitch level...

Thats an excellent post.

I don't intend to come on here and antagonise people, you're quite right all I aim to do is say things as I see from from pitch level and from within the dressing room. Believe me it is an entirely different kettle of fish, however I am becoming aware that its a very old fashioned view these days what with the coverage and technology at our disposal.

Sometimes I don't do it in the most friendly of manners ... and I'm not very good at hiding my frustrations ... which is probably one of the reasons I tend to side with the likes of Joey Barton! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

This kind of forum is indeed why we all continue to love our football, of that there is no doubt.

6 hours ago, Daz_The_Ram said:

Thats an excellent post.

I don't intend to come on here and antagonise people, you're quite right all I aim to do is say things as I see from from pitch level and from within the dressing room. Believe me it is an entirely different kettle of fish, however I am becoming aware that its a very old fashioned view these days what with the coverage and technology at our disposal.

Sometimes I don't do it in the most friendly of manners ... and I'm not very good at hiding my frustrations ... which is probably one of the reasons I tend to side with the likes of Joey Barton! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

This kind of forum is indeed why we all continue to love our football, of that there is no doubt.

Pitch level and from within the dressing room. That's fine... It's easy to want Barton into a dressing room you're not using yourself.

I'm feeling fine in my armchair and without Barton, I'm pretty confident our players are in their dressing room too.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived