Derby supporters at away games

rammieib

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Sounds like really great fun to me, a really wild top day out.

What's everyone doing after the match on Saturday? Anyone fancy coming into town, spending £4 on a pint then throwing all over people in front of the bouncers?

No thought not.

Ah you tease ! I was up for that too .:p

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, ossieram said:

If we're not singing songs about Jimmy he's one of your own Savile or Stan the woman beater Collymore, we're chucking ale about!!! Bloody vermin. Bring back hanging or the birch. 

Bit severe there ossie, surely bringing back stocks outside the Clough Taylor statue would make a better example.

Not sure what the fuss is about. I took the missus to the glorified Neptune to for her 1st time watching a Forest vs Derby game. Started off losing then 10 men.. You know the rest once both goals went in lager and blackcurrent was flying everywhere the missus was soaked.. Did we care.. Did we **** was brilliant still go on about it to this day.

Let's have it right...it isn't the biggest deal in the world. 

It's just rude and irritating...especially when those doing it say 'oh get a life, calm down etc'.  Its like the neighbour who plays music deafening loud late at night, or people who keep their shoes on when you tell them yoy have a new carpet...its not going to end the world but the very fact it is within their control to just not do it - thsf's what really winds you up!! Grumpy old men of the world unite!!

It's a strange one. I'd be annoyed if I had plans afterwards I guess. 

I don't see the point of it at just any ordinary game though, I can understand when it's a celebration as mentioned above if you're in a pub and a goal is scored you expect beer to fly but in a concourse before a game? Now I've gotta sit piss wet through for near 2 hours. 

Like I said in the pub when Sturridge scored the winner v Wales I came out covered in the stuff but I didn't mind because the occasion was amazing. 

13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

In which case I've misinterpreted the whole thread. I thought this is exactly the case that the OP was describing...

No G Star - Imagine 30 pissed moronic acting lads about to start the bounce. As soon as they do - 2o odd pints of beer getting thrown up in the air in all directions.

Young children, OAPs, normal behaving fans (like myself!) getting covered in it, hair, eyes, coats etc

Its the sad reality of a culture that is exhibited by a smaller minority of fans today. Most clubs will have these.

Its more troublesome for the club, stewards, police to do anything until I bet they are the ones covered in it.

Its simply disgusting in my viewpoint - I personally hate beer, hate the smell and don't want to spend the next 6 hours of my day stinking of the stuff. EVERYONE should be entitled to go to an away game, feel safe, enjoy themselves etc Some just can't do it without thinking of others. As I say, all clubs have these stupid fans.

20 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I'm not saying I condone adapting other supporters songs (mind you, isn't that how most teams supporters build up a repertoire of songs) but to suggest it doesn't encourage the players is taking "blaming the fans" to a whole new level. 

Sorry if my first post was misinterpreted, I meant literally as the Home crowd sung a song, the Derby away fans then joined in at the same time and sang 'Derby' instead of 'Hudders' kind of thing. Just thought it made us look like we had no originality... or a crowd a piss heads :lol: Tbf I'm sure the away crowd in song would help the players along, think I was still a bit sore about the result haha  

2 hours ago, bornandbredram94 said:

Sorry if my first post was misinterpreted, I meant literally as the Home crowd sung a song, the Derby away fans then joined in at the same time and sang 'Derby' instead of 'Hudders' kind of thing. Just thought it made us look like we had no originality... or a crowd a piss heads :lol: Tbf I'm sure the away crowd in song would help the players along, think I was still a bit sore about the result haha  

I know the feeling and I wasn't even there. 

3 hours ago, bornandbredram94 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that because they were singing Derby songs? If not the case I didn't hear what you are referring too...

Archived