Derby supporters at away games

rammieib

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, philmycock said:

It's ok if you're going straight home after the match and your mum will wash your clothes for you, what about if you've got a hot date with Siobhan from Sinfin and you stink of wet Skol?

Then siobhan would never believe you'd been to a football match as skol is only available in 1980s working mens clubs and strip joints in Copenhagen. Fact :lol:

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I much preferred the throwing of bottles and darts across the Popside fence than all this concourse beer chucking nonsense.

Always preferred coins with the edges filled down to make them sharper myself, the youth of today have no imagination :ph34r:

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Then siobhan would never believe you'd been to a football match as skol is only available in 1980s working mens clubs and strip joints in Copenhagen. Fact :lol:

NO we used to call in a pub near Anfield (long time ago now) the locals favourite drink was 1/2 pint Australian wine with ice and a CAN (NO glass) of SKOL .

It was a right DUMP but great atmosphere think its knocked down now though .

Shame

B4 - if you don't believe there is an issue with having Beer thrown over you at a Derby game (or anywhere!) then you are simply as bad as them all.

If you're answer is "Get to games Early" then that is a pathetic answer as you're condoning what they are doing as acceptable. The only answer is that it shouldn't be done and nobody should have it happen to them. How would you feel if you were taking a ten year old to an away game and he has beer thrown over him - is that acceptable?

Lets be clear B4 - its not acceptable. One thing will lead to another, first beer will be chucked, then it will be bottles (The Glasgow Rangers Boy who was bottled over the weekend - that simply SHOULD NOT ever happen to anyone) etc

I like your passion B4 but lets know when a line is crossed. Do not condone yobbish, thuggish behaviour.

15 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I may have been one of the supporters involved <_<:whistle: 

Sorry not sorry.

What is fair about innocent bystanders getting soaked?

I get that it's seen as a bit of fun but when it's coming at the cost of the enjoyment of others (as it clearly is judging by the comments on this thread) I think it is about time to give it a rest.

Sorry not sorry.

I havent been to an away game for a while, but the behaviour is very different to that of a home game, probably down to more alcohol consumed i dont know. 

I could cope with it, just about, i wouldnt like it but i'd cope but its not in my nature to act like that, but it does stop me taking my elderly dad to away games. Its not just the fact you can 'move away', it can be quite intimidating to some people when it starts, even just witnessing it - i think this point is missed by those involved...it may seem like fun to them, but its not to others.

But hey thats why i think i wont bother, just let them get on with it and enjoy it, I make a choice not to go to away games because i dont particularly like the atmosphere.....

I cannot however think that the abuse of a father and his young daughter mentioned in a previous post is defensible in anyway shape or form and hope this is a very isolated example of away fans behaviour.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I havent been to an away game for a while, but the behaviour is very different to that of a home game, probably down to more alcohol consumed i dont know. 

I could cope with it, just about, i wouldnt like it but i'd cope but its not in my nature to act like that, but it does stop me taking my elderly dad to away games. Its not just the fact you can 'move away', it can be quite intimidating to some people when it starts, even just witnessing it - i think this point is missed by those involved...it may seem like fun to them, but its not to others.

But hey thats why i think i wont bother, just let them get on with it and enjoy it, I make a choice not to go to away games because i dont particularly like the atmosphere.....

I cannot however think that the abuse of a father and his young daughter mentioned in a previous post is defensible in anyway shape or form and hope this is a very isolated example of away fans behaviour.

Absolutely, I'm in exactly the same position as you here.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

That's the key point Paul. If you can move away. Its not like its Crewe v Accrington and if some numbskulls are misbehaving near you then you have a wide selection of seats empty to move to. Derby away games are sell out more or less so if you're stuck near to these Neanderthals then you're screwed.

As for the bloke with his daughter being subjected to vile chants. I'd have recorded them and then gone to the police. They may think they can get away with it when pissed off their trolleys with other similarly likeminded knuckleheads but they'll find out that they in fact can't.

Ordinary people just going about their business have a right to do so without being subjected to abuse and chants that contravene public decency.

On 24 October 2016 at 13:25, bornandbredram94 said:

I was sat right at the front so wasn't subject to any beer spillage,

However what really did me was Derby fans signing along to the Huddersfield chants and tailoring them into Derby songs!!

Pathetic. Surely not encouraging to the Derby players.

I'm not saying I condone adapting other supporters songs (mind you, isn't that how most teams supporters build up a repertoire of songs) but to suggest it doesn't encourage the players is taking "blaming the fans" to a whole new level. 

18 hours ago, philmycock said:

It's ok if you're going straight home after the match and your mum will wash your clothes for you, what about if you've got a hot date with Siobhan from Sinfin and you stink of wet Skol?

I can confirm you'll never find a hot date from Sinfin...... 

Archived