Derby supporters at away games

rammieib

I think there is a tacit and fairly fragile understanding between those of us that travel to away games to watch the footy and those that go for the away day 'experience' (which seems to involve starting drinking about 8 am and being absolutely smashed well before getting to the ground).

We sort of each have our routines that skirt around each other. The concourse is ours until about 20 minutes before kick off but theirs thereafter and at half time. 

Is it right? No, but it's a pragmatic compromise. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I would not get caught up in it in the first place and parents let it happen so sorry you get very little simplfy from me.

I hope next time you're standing in front of someone who wants to sit at an away game, you'll respect their wishes and sit down, or do they get little simpify from you too?

I had chucked beer over loads of times in the pub i know some one beer over once or twice but always brought them a new pint so no probleams. I dont agree people get smashed i just see beer go flying as a bit of fun. I have seen kids get knocked over but always help them up again. I make sure there okay mum or dad always thank me for always advice them get into grounds early if you can as you dont get this. And they always took my advice i have seen one or two of them always get a smile.

Like blackpool away i think about 3 years ago my dad for barmy army tickets at the time but we were given near front but he asked a stward at half time if any seats at the back if it was okay if we moved to the back he said it was fine he like standing up also and at home games we sit but i do wish people would stand up some times.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look hasnt passion and exicment taken over you sometimes. Like brighton first leg play offs i was in walkabout but beer went flying every were. But let just say let agree to disagree on this one.

Passion and excitement has never taken over me before a match has started!

Do what you want, as long as it doesn't effect other peoples enjoyment of the day, surely 

Or is consideration for others too much to ask?

I always consider people around me mate just that some get carried away not always right but my view just fun but i do think it is a tad wrong but also think parents

Should think leaving to last min as they know derby fans been drinking so for me they should think maybe time to go into the stands.

I hear no end complaing because taking to long to get served always say go before game kicks off always easier.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I always consider people around me mate just that some get carried away not always right but my view just fun but i do think it is a tad wrong but also think parents

Should think leaving to last min as they know derby fans been drinking so for me they should think maybe time to go into the stands.

I hear no end complaing because taking to long to get served always say go before game kicks off always easier.

I remember the "mentile" shutters closing on YOU at Craven Cottage .

Were you LATE that day ?

12 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I almost always stand up when we score. Last season I used to clap too but this season I go ape and chuck Carling Black Label over everyone near me.

Next season I'm thinking of going to a match cos my lounge is getting trashed with lager all over the furniture, floor and ceiling.

You don't p1$$ or s#1t yourself yet? Not a real rams fan yet

2 hours ago, deano180 said:

You don't p1$$ or s#1t yourself yet? Not a real rams fan yet

Oh Deano. i'm quite the debonair gent so have much higher standards. There's specific buckets half filled with disinfectant for both pizz or shiz. If say, a late goal is scored against us, then i just puke out the window. Class is like the clap; you've either got it you haven't. And i've got it.

I was to late getting anything before the game but tried to at half time people pushing back of me but this man threaten to hit me and i said mate people pushing back of me so i cant help it and other started on me said same to him and he daughter said but i lost my temper so i ended swearing at her.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I was to late getting anything before the game but tried to at half time people pushing back of me but this man threaten to hit me and i said mate people pushing back of me so i cant help it and other started on me said same to him and he daughter said but i lost my temper so i ended swearing at her.

You should have threw beer at her 

Archived