Derby supporters at away games

rammieib

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm all for having a good time at away games, but I don't get this beer throwing thing in the concourse at all . We're not the only ones either, if your on social media weeek in week out you'll see the half time video clips usually with the headline "scenes" from clubs up and down the country throwing beer everywhere and generally singing the same songs. I'm sure it's only done to be posted on the net. Waste of usually really poor beer if you ask me, better saving your energy for the 2nd half in the stands cheering on the Rams. 

I think you have to take the rough with the smooth at away games. I don't drink at the footy but don't mind those who do so long as they aren't too drunk. Makes for a good atmosphere more often than not.

Occasionally had beer thrown over me - most noticeably when we scored the second at Hull away - how do they get it past the stewards? I  do object when fans come tipping over from the rows behind when we score because they hurt when they land on you. Of course we haven't had any trouble with that this season! 

At Reading the drunk guy in front of me fell asleep at half time which improved my view no end, so some advantages!!

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think you have to take the rough with the smooth at away games. I don't drink at the footy but don't mind those who do so long as they aren't too drunk. Makes for a good atmosphere more often than not.

Occasionally had beer thrown over me - most noticeably when we scored the second at Hull away - how do they get it past the stewards? I  do object when fans come tipping over from the rows behind when we score because they hurt when they land on you. Of course we haven't had any trouble with that this season! 

At Reading the drunk guy in front of me fell asleep at half time which improved my view no end, so some advantages!!

Yeah the peed up idiot who lands on you from two rows back and knocks you flying. He has usually been pushed over by his peed up mates who think it's funny.

There's something that tickles me in this. I have this vision of a middle aged man with his wife at the match...gone down at half time for a couple of Coffee's. Ends up going back to his seat without coffee drenched in beer. Wife says "What the hell happened to u?"...bloke.."Got caught up in that bloody bounce and couldn't get out!!!" lolz

1 minute ago, DazzaRam said:

There's something that tickles me in this. I have this vision of a middle aged man with his wife at the match...gone down at half time for a couple of Coffee's. Ends up going back to his seat without coffee drenched in beer. Wife says "What the hell happened to u?"...bloke.."Got caught up in that bloody bounce and couldn't get out!!!" lolz

It's not bad unless we're sold out then you may be going to the bog and no room to move and get caught in it.

Put English football supporters in a football ground with beer and its asking for trouble. Many times I watch American sports events including football where the supporters are sat or stood in the ground with beers in their hands , chatting, having a great time and acting like normal civil human beings. Yet its the yanks that get the bad press for being loud rednecks.

Weird

4 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Put English football supporters in a football ground with beer and its asking for trouble. Many times I watch American sports events including football where the supporters are sat or stood in the ground with beers in their hands , chatting, having a great time and acting like normal civil human beings. Yet its the yanks that get the bad press for being loud rednecks.

Weird

lets not copy the yanks sports culture pls 

Other than midweek away games, I take my lads, both now getting around 6 foot and climbing, so views never too much of a problem. Given they're still at school they tend to laugh and giggle which goes with their maturity, at anything like Saturday, whilst generally keeping out the way - you kind of know it's coming most of the time.

Agree it's not the best behaviour but some folks see it as fun because that's where they are at in life. Kind of say live and let live, I've been a bad lad and recorded the odd chunder at motorway services etc, but never over a fellow fan. Sometimes you mature but not everyone's going to grow old gracefully, though mostly it's the late teen to twenties mob doing this from what I see.

Just keep out their way, let them get on with it, the corny singing, well err, sing something else then the sheep might follow my best take.

8 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Your not getting old, the young are getting more and more sausagetish

Do not use the name of my favourite FB group in vain. 

I'm a Real Ale **** and proud.

The young us you speak of will turn out ok.....

After the first good kicking they get.

Always a great leveller.

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont see the big deal as no has died and your clothes can be washed it is no big deal.

It's ok if you're going straight home after the match and your mum will wash your clothes for you, what about if you've got a hot date with Siobhan from Sinfin and you stink of wet Skol?

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont sit i stand mate

And besides i am with derby fans so i dont get that.

And with red capicty redcused to only 25k i think upperstand left

Empty so not a probleam this season.

Think you might be missing the point.

If you was in a pub on a night out would you be happy if someone came and threw beer over you for no reason?

Archived