Derby supporters at away games

rammieib

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

and that's ok is it?

No its not, I find it incredible people justify it as normal behavior.

Its an example of some people in society today, don't give a f*** about others, I dare bet the same people are the sort that spit chewing gum out or stick it under tables or chairs, they won't know what a litter bin is, and if they have dogs they let them crap anywhere and don't clear it up.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

If my kids get there early take them to the stand out of the way simples.

If you have kids it makes your behavior even worse.

I like to have a pint at the game, and so does the missus. But having been drenched in beer at a game last season, I remonstrated with the pint-thrower, and for my troubles I was threatened with violence. That one incident has gone so far as to make us change our habits. I would actually prefer to have a drink at a pub, even if it is full of away fans, rather than drink on the concourse with Derby fans. Failing that (at Wolverhampton, they don't let away fans into any of the city centre pubs), we get a drink at the bar and move as far away from other fans as possible, as quickly as possible.

Now I'm not saying that all Derby fans are beer throwers - of course they are not, but it's not exactly possible to tell beforehand, so I have taken the 'better safe than sorry' approach.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

I would not get caught up in it in the first place and parents let it happen so sorry you get very little simplfy from me.

So...parent takes kid to first away game. All it says on ticket is 3.00pm kick off, nothing about come early as you might get covered in beer and potentially scared off any game in future. Honestly I cannot see how you have any defence at all.

Is B4ev6is a beer flinger? Sounds possible.

i'm glad i've not been to an away game for a while. This thread doesn't make me want to go.

fling your beer but just expect a serious smack in the gob if you do.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont have kids thank god.

Part of me wants to thank god too, but that's not fair. I just hope if and when you do have kids you learn to respect others and teach that to your little one too.

23 minutes ago, eddie said:

I like to have a pint at the game, and so does the missus. But having been drenched in beer at a game last season, I remonstrated with the pint-thrower, and for my troubles I was threatened with violence. That one incident has gone so far as to make us change our habits. I would actually prefer to have a drink at a pub, even if it is full of away fans, rather than drink on the concourse with Derby fans. Failing that (at Wolverhampton, they don't let away fans into any of the city centre pubs), we get a drink at the bar and move as far away from other fans as possible, as quickly as possible.

Now I'm not saying that all Derby fans are beer throwers - of course they are not, but it's not exactly possible to tell beforehand, so I have taken the 'better safe than sorry' approach.

For next season Blue Brick pub is away friendly, close by and nice enough. 

I don't think the beer throwing is a spontaneous act. On Saturday I was very close to where the beer throwing happened. The lads were singing, bouncing and enjoying themselves. Then out came the phones ( cameras) and the beer started being sprayed. It seemed premeditated and I assume posted all over tinternet. I also don't think they were all pissed either. A couple of "wet" lads stood just in front of me. They certainly sounded coherent enough to me. I feel it may have become a "thing". Albeit a very inconsiderate and moronic thing 

Archived