Derby supporters at away games

rammieib

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, therams69 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that because they were singing Derby songs? If not the case I didn't hear what you are referring too...

No, when it went quiet at times Huddersfield chirped up and then Derby fans would just sing along. That's my account of it anyway but I was right at the front, wasn't much atmosphere down there :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Went with a mate to watch Sunderland at Bournemouth on Saturday. We watched the Derby game live on Sky in a pub close to the ground first. Was very impressed with Derby in first half and so arrived at the Cherries Ground 'happy and well-oiled'.

At half-time my mate and I  enjoyed a(nother!) pint and he quickly moved us away from a group of fans who then promptly chucked all their beer everywhere and threw other stuff in the air too. The mess left was so bad I even apologised on their behalf to the closest steward!

It's definitely not just a 'Derby thing!'

Derby and Sunderland won - Two good mates went home very happy (until the missus saw us anyway - he he!)

2 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

Went with a mate to watch Sunderland at Bournemouth on Saturday. We watched the Derby game live on Sky in a pub close to the ground first. Was very impressed with Derby in first half and so arrived at the Cherries Ground 'happy and well-oiled'.

At half-time my mate and I  enjoyed a(nother!) pint and he quickly moved us away from a group of fans who then promptly chucked all their beer everywhere and threw other stuff in the air too. The mess left was so bad I even apologised on their behalf to the closest steward!

Derby and Sunderland won - Two good mates went home very happy (until the missus saw us anyway - he he!)

It's everywhere not just Derby.. I've seen it at England away games.. Just ignore it and go elsewhere then you'll be fine. 

14 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

But if you are B4 there is nothing wrong with this and you shouldn't have moved - beer all over you is fine!

8 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I was a half fan on Saturday watching game on tv. Next time we are on I'm gonna but the most expensive beer I can find at supermarket and tip it over my head just before kick off. Gotta be at least a 3/5ths fan then.

Ya can't just tip it.. There is a protocol to these things... Get an elderly neighbour(s) round.. Form a tight group, pass beer around.. Ask Nick for some song sheets and then proudly bounce in a minute. Baseball caps and Stone Island are desirable but NOT essential. Primark wearers get extra spray.

Spray said beer over everyone.. Yelp and holla.. A good time will be had by all.

Just concerned you were going to make yourself look a right ****.. Thank me later.

By the way it's lager not beer.

18 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Ya can't just tip it.. There is a protocol to these things... Get an elderly neighbour(s) round.. Form a tight group, pass beer around.. Ask Nick for some song sheets and then proudly bounce in a minute. Baseball caps and Stone Island are desirable but NOT essential. Primark wearers get extra spray.

Spray said beer over everyone.. Yelp and holla.. A good time will be had by all.

Just concerned you were going to make yourself look a right ****.. Thank me later.

By the way it's lager not beer.

I'll buy 2 cans of carling from the offy. I'll give them a tenner and let them keep the change.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

When are the Fulham tickets likely to go on sale?

As a guess next week or so. 

Tickets 

Adults £25 

65+ & 18-21 £20 

U18 £15 

ITK 

:) 

I just can't stand this new breed of football 'ultras'. Go to the match pissed, throw beer around, act like ten men around the police.

I took my old man to Wigan away a couple of seasons back, it was a brilliant day out in the middle of a bad run. Bouncing in the full away end with fellow Rams. But then you go downstairs/enter a turnstile and you've got what I'd describe as ******, not letting you get past them to get in to the stand, Stone Island wannabees strutting like cock of the midlands, whilst there's no one around them. Complete ******. 

It's not as simple as avoiding those that want to chuck beer in the air. I went for a couple of pints withe my dad before the game, got to the ground at 2.50 and through the gate where these beer chuckers were in full flow. @RamsPolls @B4ev6is whats your suggestions of avoiding that??? Should I expect it because that's a modern football fan.

I don't want to stink on the train back to Manchester and I certainly don't want my old man who has seen Derby home and away for 50 years to stink of ale. 

It's not exclusive of Derby either, I've seen 'fans' come to Manchester when I lived there and behave like complete bell ends. If that's what a modern football supporter is nowadays I despair. 

I'd rather go back to obliging fans punching chunks out of each other than be soaked in beer by pissed numpties. 

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Like i said past post get to the ground early have a couple of pints and a bite to eat and go into the stands or like you say go to a pub some were. Enjoy there but you leave it late thats when beer get chucked around.

No no B4. You've missed the point entirely. 

I'll address all of your points....

1) "Get to the ground early" - no thanks. I enjoy sampling the hostelries around said town I'm watching my football club in. I shouldn't expect to get covered in Carling walking through a turnstile at 2:50. Nor do I want to sample a clubs plastic cup of piss at 1:45 whilst I watch the ball boys gather with their families at the main stand. 

2) I don't want to eat the salmonela burger served up by Ron and his greasy onions. 

3) I don't wish to watch 40 players smash balls at Lee Grant like the Racecourse on a Sunday morning in order to avoid being covered in beer. 

4) I don't believe walking in the ground at 2:50 is "late". In fact I would suggest that's 10 minute early for kick off. 

So I'll simplify my question @B4ev6is. If i walk through the turnstiles at 2:50 and my fellow Ram's fans are throwing beer around like a singleton with confetti at a wedding, what would you suggest me to do to avoid this? 

Archived