Player power strikes again

YouRams

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/efl/1912866/derby-boss-nigel-pearson-had-to-be-physically-held-back-in-clash-with-chairman-mel-morris-that-led-to-suspension/

Take it with a pinch of salt coming from the sun, but if true the players have managed to push a second manager out the door. They deserve a grilling for the half arsed performances they are putting in, if I were Mel I'd of told the 7 players where to go and let Pearson carry on. 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not pretend we didn't know what we were getting when Pearson was hired. We all knew what sort of bloke he is and many were saying that's what the club/squad needed. Clearly it hasn't worked & losing the dressing room as quick as he has is something of an achievement.

If this story is true.....

For those using it as ammunition against Mel, just think for a minute about what Mel was supposed to do if a group of players go and complain to him?. Of course he's going to need to bring it to the attention of the manager - as would happen in any business. Knowing NP's temperament, any such meeting was always going to be confrontational & at least we now may not have to pay him off if sacked for misconduct.

Thing is, if he's just being a horrible c*nt, rather than a strict but fair manager, then the players have every right to complain to the Chairman, don't they? Especially if they feel that he's actually damaging the team, rather than helping it.

4 minutes ago, Bound 2 tease said:

Part of management , is "man management" .....something that from the outside appears beyond NP.

Good luck to the fella, but please p*** off to Villa, we don't need a hard man that believes his own publicity . 

Seems to be beyond MM as well.

a) Because he knew who he was bringing in and failed to quell NP's expectations against his temperament.

b) MM also failed to manage NP.

What did he expect by bringing in such a strong personality.

I am not taking any sides, but there are two sides to every dispute.

Did MM fail to manage Clement?????

But Leicester...........lol. 

I think in general most of us would still agree the squad need a strong manager / leader to really push them on. That doesn't necessarily mean just being the big horrible beast. 

Just seems Pearson's version of that didnt work. 

The squad will still need to be evolved, whoever takes over. 

And without knowing what went on, we dont know how justified each perspective is ( pearson, mel, players en mass and individually) 

Two worrying things stand out in this scenario, obviously Pearson's behaviour and the fact that we took on a manager this volatile, but also the players grouping together and stating they don't want to work for a manager is a very worrying sign!

Amazing how "a group of senior players went Mel Morris to air concerns at the level of abuse they received post Blackburn" has evolved into "seven players went to the owner and refused to play for Pearson again!"

Also, don't make me read The Sun, lazy linker!

Derby boss Nigel Pearson had to be physically held back in clash with chairman Mel Morris that led to suspension

NIGEL PEARSON had to be physically restrained as his furious bust-up with Derby chairman Mel Morris last week almost came to blows.

Pearson, who was suspended last Monday following the clash, is set to be sacked in the coming days when the club’s ongoing disciplinary investigation concludes.

The exchange with Morris came as a result of a group of Rams players going to the multi-millionaire owner to complain about Pearson.

Pearson had launched a foul-mouthed tirade tearing into his Derby flops in the dressing room after the 2-1 home defeat to Blackburn a week last Saturday.

The 53-year-old then publicly criticised them on TV as the result had left the Midlands club with one win in nine games and in the relegation zone.

It is believed that seven Derby players then went to Morris on the Sunday to revolt against Pearson, claiming they no longer wanted to play for him.

Morris called a meeting on the Monday morning with the ex-Leicester chief, which became extremely heated and the pair had to be separated to prevent a physical altercation.

Pearson was then suspended and has been away from the club since, with assistant Chris Powell taking charge for the win at Cardiff and draw at Reading.

While there is a slim chance Pearson and Morris - known to have a short fuse himself - could make up, the likelihood is the former will be dismissed once the ongoing investigation is completed.

That should be this week but with lawyers involved there is a possibility that could drag on further.

Should Pearson depart, there will be no shortage of candidates to take over with Steve Bruce - heavily linked to the vacant Aston Villa job - among the favourites along with Powell.

Derby County refused to comment when quizzed about the altercation by SunSport.

23 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

What are the chances that the Ince's were involved?

IF true it would be interesting to know which players it was, might not be all the bench warmers.

doubt he faced a dressing down in the dressing room. Did he even play?

Do you know what, I really don't care what happened as it's not on the pitch. The players have a fair amount to answer for in terms of performance but some of Pearson's tactics and playing of certain players, well he bought a lot on himself. 

Truly thought he might have been the guy to toughen up our mental edge and give us more than one way of playing, yet for me he disappointed as much as others with his stubbornness. So end of the day, Owner/Chairman & Manager bust up = 1 winner every time (and it's not the bloke who might be physically strongest).

Dont care if Mel still leaning how to play chairman, he's put enough money in to show he cares about the club. Do wish he'd take his time and get the next appointment right.

Then just move forward again please.

If you get a new job and immediately everyone you work with, everyone you work for, everyone who works for you and everyone watching you work thinks you're a nob... then you're probably just a nob.

So you'd better be doing really well at your job otherwise...

You have, hypothetically, a large group of talented, but lazy and naughty children. You love them, but know they could do with a bit of tough love. 

You hire a nanny who just is horrible, their school grads drop through the floor and the start showing you bruises. Nanny says it hecause their rubbish kids. 

I dont have kids, but I gather you can't just transfer out the rubbish ones (a bit like ffp). 

Nanny now gets stabby with the bread knife when challenged. 

Now admit, you are picturing nigel pearson in a mary poppins dress pushing a pram with tom ince in it. 

What I can't understand, if the player rumours are true.

Pearson is known for his players loving working for him. At leic and Hull, both squads loved him.

How come our lot hate him then.

IF true, I think it says a hell of a lot more about our players than NP.

Not sticking up for him BTW, If he's tried to come to blows with MM then he should go.

I'm more worried about our pappy arsed players.

Archived