Player power strikes again

YouRams

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I'd be interested to know his pass completion stats.

I'll bet they're higher than you think.

Excluding guys that only played a handful of times (camara, Blackman, Baird, Buxton, Hughes) he was the 4th best in squad last season on 83.8% (behind Thorne, Bryson and butterfield). 

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, nottingram said:

Yes but they're earning £20000 per week so they actually should just not get upset when they are blamed for things out their control ;)

Enjoying your mutual back slapping?  Pleassssee. ..'things out of their control'?? Dear oh dear. Talk about a lack of perspective and responsibility. They are on the pitch not Pearson, they are underperforming that's not all his fault. They come back in, get told so and then complain. Yes; it's all cos I'm jealous; rather than I would prefer they sucked it up and look at themselves first. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

In the middle for me with the big boneheads behind him. He carries the ball pretty well and is good at interceptions. 

I've thought he'd be good in a three too but could never make my mind up where to put him. In the middle because of the reasons you say or on the right because he's quite pacy for a centre back so he'd cover that ground when the wingback bombs on.

The big problem for me is our players we are constantly told can't adapt ,, if they can't change to a very simple 4/4/2 can you imagine the chaos trying 3 at the back would create? We can dress it up all we want but there's no escaping the fact we have a group of players that only really want to play a certain way as the results when we change it up clearly show and they can throw their hands up and kind of say ,,, see I told you so ,we are a 4/4/3 team , now whether that's a subcontious lack of effort or subcontious lack of belief when we try new stuff I really don't know but it is what we have and as past has shown players need to be able to adapt and still get results because in every season you will get injuries and certain games where you HAVE to change it up and still have the mental toughness, ability and belief to get results ,,,we are not failures over the last few seasons but we are failures in that one vital vital area hence the need for some change so we progress

Brian Clough, manager, finally came off worse against Sam Longson, chairman, even with the whole hearted support of the players and supporters.

This cost us two European cups IMHO and, despite another League Championship, we are still suffering repercussions.

An unpopular manager versus a much richer chairman is a no brainier.

All I am saying.....is

GIVE POWELL A CHANCE!

47 minutes ago, archied said:

The big problem for me is our players we are constantly told can't adapt ,, if they can't change to a very simple 4/4/2 can you imagine the chaos trying 3 at the back would create? We can dress it up all we want but there's no escaping the fact we have a group of players that only really want to play a certain way as the results when we change it up clearly show and they can throw their hands up and kind of say ,,, see I told you so ,we are a 4/4/3 team , now whether that's a subcontious lack of effort or subcontious lack of belief when we try new stuff I really don't know but it is what we have and as past has shown players need to be able to adapt and still get results because in every season you will get injuries and certain games where you HAVE to change it up and still have the mental toughness, ability and belief to get results ,,,we are not failures over the last few seasons but we are failures in that one vital vital area hence the need for some change so we progress

443?

New rules now is it?

1 hour ago, archied said:

We are not failures over the last few seasons but we are failures in that one vital vital area hence the need for some change so we progress

Agree with this completely. 

We needed a change at the start of the season.

Even though we did well under Clement last year, We were hardly setting the world alight. 

We didn't beat either Boro or Burnley at home when we should have, Granted we got a draw in both games but the football was horrendous. 

We haven't seen "Decent Football" Since Mac left. 

I'm not saying we are entitled to play that way by the way. Just saying my opinion.

Hull at home last year was probably our best performance of the season and we didn't even look good then, The only point of last season I remember thinking that it was good football was the 2nd Bradley Johnson goal in the 4-0 win against Hull. Proper team goal with some tricks and flicks from Ince and a good square ball for Johnson. That's how we could play in the 13/14 & Most part of the 14/15 season. We would tear teams apart and beat them 3/4-0 on a weekly basis. 

Clement had a boring but effective philosophy of football but clearly Mel didn't buy into it. And when the results started to go against us, the hammer was struck. 

We needed a change of system because things became stale and predictable upfront. Martin had no luck with his old style of play and needed to adapt but clearly couldn't hack it. 

He's currently playing his favourite system of 4-3-3 at Fulham but still can't get a goal. 

He missed a clear opportunity to score at the weekend but fluffed it.

In a nutshell, Things needed to be changed by Pearson but things haven't clicked into place as of yet. 

If he comes back I believe he could sort this team out but the fans need to give him time. 

We aren't going to do anything this season in regards automatics, We may scrape the playoffs if this is resolved quickly and things start happening. But i'm not convinced. 

Whoever the manager is on that touchline we need to give our full support and get behind him for the better of this club. 

COYR.

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

We needed a change of system because things became stale and predictable upfront. Martin had no luck with his old style of play and needed to adapt but clearly couldn't hack it. 

He's currently playing his favourite system of 4-3-3 at Fulham but still can't get a goal. 

He missed a clear opportunity to score at the weekend but fluffed it.

No it wasn't a clear opportunity, it was played slightly behind him and too hard - he readjusted but not quite enough for the shot to go in.

In a nutshell, Things needed to be changed by Pearson but things haven't clicked into place as of yet. 

If he comes back I believe he could sort this team out but the fans need to give him time. 

Why, he's shown absolutely nothing - oh hang on he rates Blackman and Weimann!

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Young earth creationists base their opinions on belief. I base mine on facts.

0.66 points per game = *****

0.33 goals per game = *****

51 minutes ago, Anon said:

Young earth creationists base their opinions on belief. I base mine on facts.

0.66 points per game = *****

0.33 goals per game = *****

Dude... Facts are soooooooo last year... Didn't you know that? It's part of the new post-expertise society we live in...

Archived