Player power strikes again

YouRams

I really don't know what to think if there is even a shred of truth to the story the Sun has now published. If it is true it sadly confirms that things are even worse than I first thought & with the help of lawyers this whole horrible mess could drag on a lot longer than is good for the club. I don't really have sympathy for anyone whether that be the players, MM, or Pearson. It's all just pathetic as no one seems to have the ability to man manage properly.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, cannable said:

What clique? We have six players remaining from 13/14, two of whom are long term injuries and one of whom who was injured for Blackburn. We have a further three remaining from 14/15. 

Thus - any clique would be by and large be comprised of players signed last summer and we've just gotten rid of the wrong players OR this idea of a clique is nonsense and Pearson went too far.

A lot has been said of a clique of certain players. Will get in trouble for naming I'm sure. 

I really don't know what to think if there is even a shred of truth to the story the Sun has now published. If it is true it sadly confirms that things are even worse than I first thought & with the help of lawyers this whole horrible mess could drag on a lot longer than is good for the club. I don't really have sympathy for anyone whether that be the players, MM, or Pearson. It's all just pathetic as no one seems to have the ability to man manage properly.

the only thing players are entitled to moan about is something unacceptable. Bullying, physical and/or sexual harrassment, discrimination etc.

If it was any of those things, with 7 people moaning, he'd have been sacked on the spot.

So, that would suggest they just don't like things not their own way. They don't like being out of the comfort zone. So they're being asked to work a bit differently, or a bit harder? How do you think nurses and doctors feel?

New management come in to all businesses and the majority will do something a slightly different way, whether you agree or not.

1 hour ago, Rambusta said:

Wassal may have done...as soon as Pearson was suspended Powell brought in several of the recently purchased/expensive players that previously were either benched or not picked in the squad

For starters the team against Cardiff was apparently already picked... And 3 hours before KO is NOT the time for Powell to be messing with the team... And the team vs Reading was the same side bar an injured Lowe...

3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Seems to be beyond MM as well.

a) Because he knew who he was bringing in and failed to quell NP's expectations against his temperament.

b) MM also failed to manage NP.

What did he expect by bringing in such a strong personality.

I am not taking any sides, but there are two sides to every dispute.

Did MM fail to manage Clement?????

I'm with you on Clement, if you're suggesting his sacking might have been unwarranted.

Discipline is another facet of management, and you could argue that suspension, is Melvyn displaying managerial qualities.

Although the lack of decisiveness is worrying, it's all a bit vague.

Telling the boss to **** off (if that's what happened) is a good way to engineer your own departure from any situation, as is getting physical.

I don't want to seen to take sides, but under Pearson I was genuinely starting to become ambivalent to match days. I haven't reached that with MM + SR yet...and no Mel is not the poster boy, any criticism of him and the current situation is entirely justified.

IMO of course

The DET have an "update" that says theres not going to be anything this week. 

Suggests to me that either, the situation is "complicated", or the situation is clear, but the ramifications (no pun intended) are going to need working out/handling. 

Unless its as simple as they need input from people away on international duty? (Skype?)

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

the only thing players are entitled to moan about is something unacceptable. Bullying, physical and/or sexual harrassment, discrimination etc.

If it was any of those things, with 7 people moaning, he'd have been sacked on the spot.

No... You'd have to have an investigation into the claims... Whilst the party in question would be suspended... Which has happened...

A similar situation happened at my old company (with only 1 complainant) and the party in question then was suspended for 2 weeks (with pay)... In that case the situation landed in his favour...

But anyway... This is standard practice for serious workplace problems... Anything short of being arrested for a criminal act on the spot would go through this process...

14 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

So, that would suggest they just don't like things not their own way. They don't like being out of the comfort zone. So they're being asked to work a bit differently, or a bit harder? How do you think nurses and doctors feel?

New management come in to all businesses and the majority will do something a slightly different way, whether you agree or not.

Even with 7 people making a complaint there would have to be an internal enquiry..... lawyers get involved then etc, due process has to be done. 

Then of course in some situations there are non-disclosure agreements etc to sort out....

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I doubt for any of those things he would have been sacked on the spot, that would be too risky. At any company the advice given to the employer would be to suspend while the case is investigated to bring a case for either firing or a compromise agreement. 

10 minutes ago, Ramsley said:

Even with 7 people making a complaint there would have to be an internal enquiry..... lawyers get involved then etc, due process has to be done. Then of course in some situations there are none disclosure agreements etc to sort out....

Who can complain about the players then. 

The manager has to manage a massive squad not 7 players. 

Steve McClaren said at a forum that  I went to before he was sacked that half the players that weren't in the team probably hated him. 

Did the players like Clement ! 

Who put these 7 players forward if it's true and who were they. 

Keogh is the  captain so I assume he was one allegedly and who chose the rest to represent them and did they all feel the same way about Pearson  .

Why do these things  always seem to happen at Derby and why was Pearson allowed to bring Vydra, Anya and Wilson in in January if Pearson  was a problem.   

Why was Martin, Hendrick and Buxton allowed to leave the club also and why didn't we keep them  

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

Who can complain about the players then. 

The manager has to manage a massive squad not 7 players. 

Steve McClaren said at a forum that  I went to before he was sacked that half the players that weren't in the team probably hated him. 

Did the players like Clement ! 

Who put these 7 players forward if it's true and who were they. 

Keogh is the  captain so I assume he was one allegedly and who chose the rest to represent them and did they all feel the same way about Pearson  .

Thats why there is an enquiry held!  And you will never know, thats what the lawyers are for!

4 minutes ago, Ramsley said:

Thats why there is an enquiry held!  And you will never know, thats what the lawyers are for!

So let's not jump to conclusions because we don't know the facts. 

What I do know is my own thoughts and I think some of the Derby players weren't knuckling down to the job of winning Football matches and I think that's why Pearson was annoyed. 

Maybe he can't show his displeasure then but the fans were certainly displeased with the team after the capitulation to Blackburn.

Player power strikes again? Jesus...

Nigel Pearson was absolutely gash here. He played numerous players out of position, played a really awful system and style of football, made terrible changes at key moments and then blamed the players for defeat.

I've heard it all now. Players not trying, players not adapting, players forcing manager out.

It really is simple. Pearson was just awful... If you can't see that you're blind.

The players have every right to air their views when it's blindingly obvious that their own careers were going downhill under Pearson. The team looked shot.

5 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nigel Pearson was absolutely gash here. He played numerous players out of position, played a really awful system and style of football, made terrible changes at key moments and then blamed the players for defeat.

I've heard it all now. Players not trying, players not adapting, players forcing manager out.

It really is simple. Pearson was just awful... If you can't see that you're blind.

The players have every right to air their views when it's blindingly obvious that their own careers were going downhill under Pearson. The team looked shot.

They still aren't playing well and won't achieve promotion whoever manages them .

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of the suspension situation, he was a terrible manager for us. 

McClaren was very good for us, until the end weeks. 

Clement was pretty good until it went south. 

I even feel Nigel Clough did a difficult job OK. 

Pearson has been almost as bad as paul jewell, and paul jewell had a decent reputation before coming here. McClarens rep was dire when we hired him. 

6 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Bris... People are allowed their own opinions on it...

And my opinion is that their opinion is wrong... :D

22 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

No... You'd have to have an investigation into the claims... Whilst the party in question would be suspended... Which has happened...

A similar situation happened at my old company (with only 1 complainant) and the party in question then was suspended for 2 weeks (with pay)... In that case the situation landed in his favour...

But anyway... This is standard practice for serious workplace problems... Anything short of being arrested for a criminal act on the spot would go through this process...

Even criminal acts probably would have to be dealt with the same way. 

I know at my place there's someone suspended on full pay until the CPS charge him. To sack him first would be offering unfair dismissal because you are deemed innocent until proven otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

They still aren't playing well and won't achieve promotion whoever manages them .

Well there is a pretty good reason for that. Our awful manager left us in a terrible position. For us to make 75 points now we need 64 points from 35 games, 1.82 per game which would be 84 over a season, only one point less than we managed in McClaren's first year.

And 75 points may not even be enough!

The team played Ok at Cardiff and Reading, but as under Wassall it won't click straight away as the damage under Pearson isn't easy to brush aside.

Pearson ruined our promotion prospects this season in just 9 games. That's how awful he was.

Archived