Player power strikes again

YouRams

Any team that capitulates against Blackburn Rovers letting Danny Graham score the winning goal deserve more than a raging NP saying some nasty words to them. Id of lined 11 coffee cups up and let everyone of them have it.

Has a pat on the back manager made this team successful? Same team capitulated in the semi finals of the playoffs with the biggest yes man manager they could wish for. Id of sent the 7 players to the reserves and let NP pick 7 youngsters that would wear the shirt with pride and play with effort.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, YouRams said:

Any team that capitulates against Blackburn Rovers letting Danny Graham score the winning goal deserve more than a raging NP saying some nasty words to them. Id of lined 11 coffee cups up and let everyone of them have it.

Has a pat on the back manager made this team successful? Same team capitulated in the semi finals of the playoffs with the biggest yes man manager they could wish for. Id of sent the 7 players to the reserves and let NP pick 7 youngsters that would wear the shirt with pride and play with effort.

Well thankfully you're not the manager. Ideally any team would want something a little more developed than..

team play bad, me throw things at team and pick 7 rookies.

Perhaps a more reflective manager may consider changing a midfielder for a winger and immediately concede two goals may wish to think about what part he played in the defeat before foul mouthing others.

I'm sorry but I'm sick and tired of reading that players are "failures" and we needed to get rid etc etc. They've challenged for promotion for the past three seasons in a league that's difficult to get out of and they've done it during times when the club hasn't been settled. McClaren had his head turned, Clement was sacked yet they still got us to the top end of the table. 

As fans we've become too expectant we seem to think Derby has an entitlement to be promoted and anything else is failure. 

If NP went because he lost the dressing room then so be it. That's part of the job. Too many people are quick to jump on the players back when things go wrong and cliche responses about commitment and wanting to wear the short come out. 

Simply put NP was stubborn in his 4-4-2, which never seems to work. He also, in my opinion, went on about player confidence too much. That's not going to help get it back.

I never wanted him at Derby and I'm not fussed if he goes. To listen to some people on here you'd think this group of players had been battling relegation and the club needed ripping apart. You don't tear up a team that's just missing out, you improve it but NP took us backwards. 

7 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Here we go again. The 'clique' strikes again. 

I could probably guess at least a few of the seven. 

Spoilt little ***** deserved a bollocking after Blackburn. If they can't take it, **** off. 

What clique? We have six players remaining from 13/14, two of whom are long term injuries and one of whom who was injured for Blackburn. We have a further three remaining from 14/15. 

Thus - any clique would be by and large be comprised of players signed last summer and we've just gotten rid of the wrong players OR this idea of a clique is nonsense and Pearson went too far.

If Pearson's actions amounted to bullying in the 'workplace', then I can understand the players complaining. I've been bullied in the workplace and it's easier to say 'man up' than to actually do it.

My manager, who was almost a generation younger than me (yes) had me fear for my job, which would have been disastrous in my circumstances at the time, and he knew it and played on it. Also he used to belittle me in the main office. I couldn't go to his management, as he was one of their puppets. Also, it would have got reported back to him and things would have been even worse, if possible.

He made my life a living hell. and was an absolute *******. Not only to me but most of the office. It only resolved when he decided to leave. I hope he rots in Hell.

Yes, they're strong, young, fit men, but it doesn't mean they don't lie awake all night, dreading the next day's onslaught, and feel unable to take him on, face to face.

If this story is true, and it is a case of bullying ,irrespective of the line of command they have done the right thing in bringing matters to a head and they would have my every sympathy.

22 minutes ago, YouRams said:

I keep hearing about Pearson being a man manager, I'll repeat what I said earlier - If he's such a great man manager, a) Why could he not get the team to play with spirit and belief? b) Why did this group of SEVEN players feel the need to go over his head. In any walk of life, that is a seriously bad reflection on one's man management skills.

I have a team of around 10, only one of of them is in the UK but I think we do okay from a relationship perspective - Certainly, I would be MORTIFIED if any of them, let alone 7 of them felt they couldn't discuss with me and have to go over my head.

1 hour ago, Rambusta said:

It also begs the question how they (the players) would have coped with a "hairdrier" from Fegie or a "rollicking" from BC....OK the dressingroom may have been "lost" but its not as if Pearson could just sack some of them for not trying...some pressure must be coming from above to play players that had recently cost alot of money just to have them either benched or in the U23...

I'm going to guess that before the hair dryer or the rollocking, Fergie and BC had the respect of the team - I also guess they knew exactly who to rollock and who to put an arm around.

16 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

"I spent every day telling the squad they were useless and that if they made a mistake id have them transfered out, then the weak willed pampered brats sufferer a lack of confidence and were scared to try things, its tountamount to treachery so it is." 

Didn't realise Pearson was Irish!

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I don't know which players went to see Mel, but if 7 of them agreed to then it says a lot about what Pearson said. Must have been toxic. Let's be realists, these are pro footballers, most of them experience and have played at the top level. Do you think they've never been bollocked before? He must have overstepped the line. 

Also, without knowing anything, it could conceivably be either solidarity with an individual, or as group concerns (possibly a bit of both)

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I don't know which players went to see Mel, but if 7 of them agreed to then it says a lot about what Pearson said. Must have been toxic. Let's be realists, these are pro footballers, most of them experience and have played at the top level. Do you think they've never been bollocked before? He must have overstepped the line. 

I believe it was a Daily Mail article which stated they were senior players too… you'd have thought they'd have seen and heard it all…

I tell you what I'd hate to work for some of you.

What an entitled bunch some dcfc fans are, workers rights, Pah... they don't apply to football... Players seem to be seen as objects there for our entertainment alone, not human beings doing a job. I know lets call grown adults, doing a professional job most of us could not even dream of doing, spoilt kids because they didn't perform the way we demand, never mind whats going on in the background....Maybe we hear via a paper article (that may or may not have any truth in it) that players have a problem at some point with something that has happened so make a complaint (and having been in the game all their lives they know the score) lets call it "player power" and say they are spoilt again and beat them with it and call them names, never mind we don't know any facts, we will just make those up to fit our agenda...

One thought....I do a very creative pastime/job, its not demanding but if things are not right in the background what I do doesn't come out at its best, I go through the motions and do the job but all the joy is sucked out of it, it is strained, lifeless and a little sad. I think of football as a creative job, sometimes it just flows other times not so much. If all is not happy then it will reflect on the work in a bad way, money etc doesn't make any difference to that....its not conscious thing, its not "playerpower" it just happens....

13 minutes ago, Ramsley said:

I tell you what I'd hate to work for some of you.

What an entitled bunch some dcfc fans are, workers rights, Pah... they don't apply to football... Players seem to be seen as objects there for our entertainment alone, not human beings doing a job. I know lets call grown adults, doing a professional job most of us could not even dream of doing, spoilt kids because they didn't perform the way we demand, never mind whats going on in the background....Maybe we hear via a paper article (that may or may not have any truth in it) that players have a problem at some point with something that has happened so make a complaint (and having been in the game all their lives they know the score) lets call it "player power" and say they are spoilt again and beat them with it and call them names, never mind we don't know any facts, we will just make those up to fit our agenda...

One thought....I do a very creative pastime/job, its not demanding but if things are not right in the background what I do doesn't come out at its best, I go through the motions and do the job but all the joy is sucked out of it, it is strained, lifeless and a little sad. I think of football as a creative job, sometimes it just flows other times not so much. If all is not happy then it will reflect on the work in a bad way, money etc doesn't make any difference to that....its not conscious thing, its not "playerpower" it just happens....

All very eloquent but it's easily construed as player power. 

I don't like the manager so let's get him out scenario. 

Why did DCFC employ Pearson tell me that one. 

Archived