The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Hopefully he will have found the net by January?

But not in international football, those goals do not count.

Would it count if he scored against a team at the bottom, as you know, they aren't very good, so doesn't mean much, and I bet it wouldn't matter if it was the third goal in a 4-0 win, after all they will already be beat, and will it count if he is 2 yards out, or a penalty, maybe a free kick wouldn't count either?

God there's some romantic partially blind fools on here ,,Martin was the target for a lot of fans stick towards the end and he may see Derby as anything but home ,, he may be glad to get the hell away from Derby ,,,.  Conspiracy theory here ,, do we think Mel would let Martin go on loan if he did nt think along similar lines to Pearson?  Maybe Pearson was employed to do the dirty work the let go to allow Powell to take the reins free from the vitriol of having made enforced changes and unpopular / controversial decisions like outing Martin our top scorer and supposed fulcrum for the fabled 4/3/3 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

But not in international football, those goals do not count.

Would it count if he scored against a team at the bottom, as you know, they aren't very good, so doesn't mean much, and I bet it wouldn't matter if it was the third goal in a 4-0 win, after all they will already be beat, and will it count if he is 2 yards out, or a penalty, maybe a free kick wouldn't count either?

Any goal in league or cup football is all that counts in a tally for the season - does not matter where its scored, whether its from a set piece or not - he is paid to score goals................

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

Any goal in league or cup football is all that counts in a tally for the season - does not matter where its scored, whether its from a set piece or not - he is paid to score goals................

Let it go… you're getting on Ninos levels…

43 minutes ago, toddy said:

So just international goals that do not count then.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

He isn't paid to score goals. He's paid to make a positive contribution to the side and play a role in winning football.

Under Clough, Derby were a much better side with Kuqi in the XI than when he wasn't. He was the lone striker and in his 13 games upfront, we won eight, drew two and lost three. 26 points. Promotion form.

Kuqi scored only two goals while he was with us. Now go and check out our record without him.

He had very similar attributes to Martin. I didn't hear any calls at the time of Kuqi not trying or that he should be scoring more goals. After all, he scored TWO in 13.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

He isn't paid to score goals. He's paid to make a positive contribution to the side and play a role in winning football.

Under Clough, Derby were a much better side with Kuqi in the XI than when he wasn't. He was the lone striker and in his 13 games upfront, we won eight, drew two and lost three. 26 points. Promotion form.

Kuqi scored only two goals while he was with us. Now go and check out our record without him.

He had very similar attributes to Martin. I didn't hear any calls at the time of Kuqi not trying or that he should be scoring more goals. After all, he scored TWO in 13.

.......Heard it all now Kuqi in the same bracket as a goal scoring Martin, granted Martin is no Gabbi, but please Kuqi!

I suppose at least Kuqi managed two in 12.....:whistle:,

1 hour ago, toddy said:

.......Heard it all now Kuqi in the same bracket as a goal scoring Martin, granted Martin is no Gabbi, but please Kuqi!

I suppose at least Kuqi managed two in 12.....:whistle:,

Bris has a point IMO, I have a memory of Kuqi being dropped for Luke Moore and performances suffering overall evin if Moore was a "better" player. Although, Nigel used to call him "kookey"

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Bris has a point IMO, I have a memory of Kuqi being dropped for Luke Moore and performances suffering overall evin if Moore was a "better" player. Although, Nigel used to call him "kookey"

Yep there were all sorts of gossip being bandied about about Kuqi not playing weren't there?

Archived